Chapter 6 :: The Start of Vocal Training

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

OKAY, so this was originally a VERY VERY long chapter. But I figured I'll just split it into two because it's ridiculously long. hahaha. 


 

For two days, the girls were busy learning and singing the songs that the Block B boys recommended for them. The only time they would actually stop singing would be when they would eat, or watch tv, talk to each other but everyone was mostly immersed with their vocals. Though it wasn’t a competition, everyone wanted to do well on their first vocal training, whoever was going to be their mentor.

 

“Do you think it’s gonna be Dok2 oppa or TheQuiett oppa?” Minnie wondered outloud during dinner last night. “But, they’re more of rappers right? So they couldn’t be the ones.” She said, as her hand automatically travelled up to her lips, her teeth biting on her nails.

 

Shinae noticed this and swatted her hand away from her lips. “Whoever it is, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna pick a good mentor for us.” She said and sighed again. “Though I’m not going to lie, I’m kind of nervous about this whole mentor thing too.”

 

“Do you think they got us one on one mentors?” Minah asked her group mates. “Or we’re going to be like one mentor and then the five of us?” She blew out a breath then smiled. “We shouldn’t be stressing about this.” She said then stood up, taking everyone’s plates. “Anyone want ice cream?” she asked with a smile. Then she frowned a bit, “Oh wait, mentors are coming tomorrow.” She said then tapped her chin thoughtfully. “How about a late night swim?”

 

HyeSu laughed and approached Minah, “Unni, we’re fine. We know you’re trying to lighten the mood but I think we all need to rest early to impress whoever’s coming tomorrow.” She said and Minah nodded in reply.

 

They all agreed to call it a night when the doorbell suddenly rang. EunJae was nearest the stairs so she went down and opened it. “Oh, Dok2 oppa. Why are you here so late?” she asked. “Come on in, the others are upstairs.” She said and led the way up to the main house. “Guys, Dok2 oppa is here.” She said and at once the girls gathered by the living room.

 

“How are our babies? Are you guys doing good?” Dok2 asked, sitting down. The girls replied with murmurs of agreement. “Great, that’s great to hear. Well, you know that we have guests coming over tomorrow, I just want to tell you guys that they’re coming at about 8 in the morning so make sure to make extra breakfast. There will be 5 mentors, one for the each of you.” He said pointing to them one by one. “You’ll all be working in various parts of the house, you may also choose to use the 3rd floor living room with your mentors but not the rooms okay?” he said and they nodded in reply.

 

“Oppa,” HyeSu started. “We are allowed to go out of the house right? Meet friends, go shopping and stuff like that?” she asked.

 

Dok2 laughed. “Of course.” He replied. “By the way, Minah, do you know how to drive?” he asked and Minah nodded. “Sidus HQ will be sending a car tomorrow for your use. So you don’t have to use one car when you guys need to go places.” He said. “So, any other questions? Oh! By the way, Monday, me and TheQuiett are gonna take y’all shoe shopping. We promised remember?” he said, slightly laughing.

 

The girls started laughing and spazzing in delight. “Thank you oppa.” MinRin told him.

 

“Thank me when y’all are famous. Okay?” he said and the girls nodded. “Well, I gotta head back. I’ll be here tomorrow too. So, see you babies!” He said and started walking off with Shinae trailing behind him making sure the gates and the doors are locked before heading back inside.

 

The girls barely slept that night, tossing and turning in their beds thinking of the things that would happen the next day. Shinae was the first to get up, it was about 7 in the morning. She decided to make some coffee and toast, taking out peanut butter and jelly from the shelves. She sighed into her coffee, staring at her sandwich in front of her and jumped when her phone started to ring.

 

My Rapper Boy calling…

 

I still haven’t changed his name on my phone.She realized for the first time since yesterday and pressed the answer button, holding up the phone in her ear. She could hear his deep breaths and imagined him beside him, just lying down in her bed, talking.

 

“Hi B.” his voice croaked out. He sounded tired. He probably is. Shinae knew they were busy for their comeback. “Thanks for answering my call.” He said again and more deep breaths. He was waiting for a sound, a response. “I… I really don’t know why I kept calling. I guess I wanted to hear your voice that much.” He said then laughed. “I wrote a rap for you on our new album. You want to hear it?” he asked.

 

I will rewrite it again, our story will not end /
I will bury fact that reality is seeping into my skin for now /
I rewrite it once again, the start beginning with you and I smiling happily /
In case you will leave me, the background is a small room without an exit /

 

Shinae was fighting hard to keep her tears in. “You heard that right?” he asked. “Man, I feel so pathetic. But I guess that’s how much I love you, B.” his breathing ceased. “Remember I gave you that name? Because you’re my B-Girl. And I’m your Rapper Boy?” she heard him sniff. Was he crying? “Sorry about that night. I really am. I didn’t mean to.” He sighed out loud.

 

She couldn’t hold it much longer and sighed out as well. Then she heard him laugh. A tear fell from her cheek. How she missed that laughter. “You still love to sigh.” He said and sighed too, “You said you’d never regret it right?” he asked and laughed again. More tears fell from her eyes. “Are you going to take it back now?” he asked.

 

Shinae smiled. “Never.” She replied.

 

Then there was silence. “I still love you, my b-girl.” He said.

 

Shinae took a deep breath again. “and I’m sorry my rapper boy.” She replied then hanged up. She bit her lip, looking down at her phone. She wasn’t sure if she did the right thing. She sighed again and drank her coffee.

 

She was so immersed in her own thoughts that she failed to realize that MinRin was right in front of her, watching her as she drank out of her coffee with her cheeks stained with tears. “Shinae unni, are you okay?” she asked, approaching her. “Why were you crying?”

 

Shinae was surprised. She didn’t hear MinRin coming down the stairs. She wiped her tears and smiled, “it’s nothing Minnie. Don’t worry about it.” Shinae assured her but MinRin didn’t look convinced. “Come on, give me a hug.” She said with a small laugh.

 

MinRin smiled and obliged to Shinae’s request giving her a hug. “You know you can tell me anything, right unni? You can tell any of us.” Minnie told Shinae and she nodded in reply. MinRin pulled away and smiled at her unni, “come on, we need to get ready for the mentors. They’re coming in less than an hour.”

 

The two went back up to the rooms. MinRin was trying to wake up EunJae who wouldn’t budge. Shinae easily woke up HyeSu and Minah. Afterwards, Minah and Shinae were cooking breakfast while the others took their baths and got ready. EunJae, MinRin and HyeSu were all cleaning up the second floor and fixing the dining table for breakfast.

 

And at exactly 8 am, the girls went down to the first floor to wait for their guests. Shinae and EunJae tried to cool off some steam by dancing. It was the first time that MinRin, HyeSu and Minah actually saw them dance. And they understood why they were called B-Girls. When the song ended, they were surprised when they heard applauses.

 

“Wow! That was just… wow!” Dok2 said, walking towards the girls. “Good morning babies, your vocal mentors are here.” He said, ushering to the people. “They would be concentrating on your singing capabilities. When you have mastered the art, we’ll be getting y’all some rap mentors.” He said then smiled.

 

“So, we already pre-assigned your vocal trainers for you. Each of you have two vocal trainers in case the other one isn’t available. They also won’t be coming and going at same times since they also have their own schedules to follow.” Dok2 said and pulled out a paper from his pocket. “By the way, that’s YongHwa from CN Blue,  JiYong or G-Dragon from Big Bang, WooHyun and SungYeol from Infinite and of course, the Jay Park. But you all should know them by now.” Dok2 said which made the girls laugh.

 

“Okay, and so, YongHwa’s apprentice is EunJae. Second mentor is Hoya.” He said, “EunJae please stand beside your mentor.” He said and EunJae walked towards YongHwa and bowed to him. “Next, JiYong is with Minah. Second mentor is L.” Minah stepped up and stood next to JiYong. “Then, MinRin with WooHyun second mentor is YoSeob. HyeSu with SungYeol second mentor is SeungRi. and Shinae with Jay.”

 

Shinae raised her hand this time and Jay looked at her with a question on his face. “I don’t get a second mentor?” she asked, looking at Jay then to Dok2.

 

“Oh, I’m not really that busy so I can come in and teach everyday but if you insist that I can take days off, I think your second mentor would be Sunggyu.” Jay told her and she nodded.

 

“Any other questions?” Dok2 asked and HyeSu raised her hand.

 

“Can you change my second mentor? I doubt I’d learn anything from SeungRi.” She said and made everyone laugh.

 

Dok2 nodded, “I’ll check with the others.” He said. “Well, if you don’t have any more questions, I’m leaving. You guys can have breakfast and do your thing.” He said. “Oh, and Jay here are the keys to the recording booth.” He said, handing him a key then left.

 

Ten bustling bodies went up the second floor and they started eating breakfast, the one that Shinae and Minah prepared. After breakfast, they all called dibs on where they would be working with their vocal trainer.

 

Jay and Shinae took the recording booth since Jay was the one who had the keys, MinRin and WooHyun took the studio because they would use the grand piano. EunJae and YongHwa took the study room on the third floor. JiYong and Minah took the third floor living room while HyeSu and SungYeol decided to stay on the second floor entertainment area. 



 

 

YAY! next chapter are moments with the trainers. So be ready teehee~ 8DDD I know y'all excited. XD JunHyung's rap is the translation for the rap in Fiction. :D

and again, to make it less confusing, vocal trainers are as follows,

 

Minah – JiYong and L

Shinae – Jay Park and Sunggyu

HyeSu – SungYeol and SeungRi

EunJae – YongHwa and Hoya

MinRin – WooHyun and YoSeob

 

Some might change *winks* but who knows right? Oh, wait I think I do... or maybe I don't? lol.

 

love you girls,

-listeningsoul~