Chapter 29 :: Confirmation

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

 

“Oh man, this room totally does not suit me.” JiHyun said, plopping down on the bed. She sighed then looked up at Shinae. “Unni, can we go buy new sheets? And would it be possible to have to room re-painted?” she asked.

 

Minah was getting slightly pissed off at JiHyun’s attitude. First it was Kyung being her mentor and now it was the room’s decoration that she was complaining about. “Quit being so picky you little monster.” Shinae shot back which surprised the other girls. Shinae turned to her other members and smiled apologetically. “Forgive her, she’s really a little . Jiho and TaeWoon spoiled her as a kid.”

 

Minah rolled her eyes slightly and left the room. JiHyun glanced at the others and smiled at them. “Nice to meet you guys.” She said.

 

MinRin nodded. “I’m MinRin the youngest. My brother is MyungSoo from Infinite.” She said with a bow.

 

“The one who left is Minah. She’s the eldest. She was a former trainee of JYP. And the other girl who left earlier was HyeSu. Her cousin is TOP of Big Bang.” Shinae explained. “Get unpacked. We’ll do something about your room tomorrow.” Shinae said and left with the other girls.

 

“Unni, is JiHyun normally like that?” MinRin asked as they walked down to the second floor.

 

Shinae laughed. “Yeah, JiHyun’s really like that. She likes to get things her way all the time.” She explained.

 

MinRin nodded. “Unni, MyungSoo oppa is gonna drop by to pick me up in a while. He wanted to have dinner.” She told their leader and Shinae smiled with a nod in reply.

 

JiHyun just finished unpacking her things when she heard a knock on the door. She turned around to see her brother standing there. “What do you want Jiho oppa?”

 

Zico went in and sat down at her bed and heaved a sigh. “Don’t mess up this time JiHyun.” He told her. “These girls want the same thing as you do, for a very long time. Don’t wait for them to fit in your attitude. You have to adjust to these girls.” He said.

 

JiHyun looked at Zico blankly, like his words didn’t mean a thing to her. “Was that all?” she asked.

 

Zico sighed again. “Don’t be like this JiHyun. You won’t get anywhere if you keep being like this.” Zico replied then stood up and left the room.

 

Shinae was beside Jay, the two of them had their macbook pros opened and playing a game against each other. “No! No! No!” Shinae called out as she lost to Jay. Apart from JiHyun, Zico and Kyung, no one else was inside the house.

 

“YES!” Jay shouted, raising a fist in victory. “hahaha! I’m the king of tetris!” he called out. Shinae just pouted in reply. He noticed this and laughed, placing his laptop on the side.

 

“I don’t wanna play anymore.” Shinae replied, closing the window where they were playing and opened a new one.

 

Jay watched the screen load a Naver site. “Hey! I’m the number one searched.” Jay said pointing to his name. Shinae clicked on it and the two of them were surprised what it loaded.

 

Jay Park’s late night stroll with his girlfriend?

Jay Park with the love of his life?

Is Jay Park dating?

 

His eyes travelled from the screen results to Shinae who had a guarded expression on. She clicked on the first article and sure enough, there they were, Jay walking ahead of Shinae, holding hands. Shinae’s face was hidden with her long hair and Jay with a smile on his face.

 

“Oh no.” Shinae groaned under her breath.

 

She was about to pull out her phone from her pocket but Jay stopped her, pulling out his own. “I’ll take care of this.” He said and started dialing a number. “Hi hyung this is Jay. Me and Shinae are gonna come down right now to the office.” Jay said and hanged up. “Come on. We’re going to Sidus HQ.”

 

After a few minutes, the two were sitting inside Jay’s manager’s office. His boss, Mr. Yu was checking something on the computer while Jay sat beside Shinae quietly. “So, how do we go about this rumor then?” Jay’s boss asked. “Shinae is going to debut under our company. And Jay, you’re under our label as well. We don’t have anything against you two dating but you have to be careful.”

 

Shinae nodded nonchalantly. “I’ll admit that we’re dating.” Jay suddenly said which surprised Shinae. He turned to Shinae and smiled, “we are dating, right?” he asked the girl, as if asking permission from her. Shinae had to laugh a little and nodded. “We’ll hold a press conference. But we won’t reveal who she is just yet. I’ll tweet right now and post on the fan café. I’m sure my fans will be okay with it.” He said reassuringly.

 

Mr. Yu nodded and turned towards Shinae. “Are you okay with this? Keeping your identity a secret while you’re stil training?” he asked and Shinae nodded. “Alright then. I guess we can do that.” He said then started sending out memos and scheduling Jay’s press conference. “I’ll contact you about the press conference Jay. You two can go.” He said.

 

The two left the office and headed to Jay’s car. “So, we’re dating now huh?” Jay said.

 

Shinae smiled and rolled her eyes. “You can’t even ask me out properly. You dork.” She whispered lowly enough for Jay to hear and chuckle as he drove away.

 

The two of them returned to the house. Jay quickly logged in to twitter and his official fancafe. Jay received a lot of mentions, asking if the rumors were true.

 

@JAYBUMAOM yes people it’s true. I’m in love and happy. I hope you can be happy for us too.

 

He tweeted both in English and Korean. In a matter of seconds, people were already replying. Telling Jay how happy they were for him, asking him who the girl was. Some were heartbroken that Jay was already taken but glad that he found someone to love him.

 

@JAYBUMAOM We’re keeping her identity a secret… for now. ^^ promise to tell y’all soon.

 

Shinae nudged Jay. “I’m betting you that I’m gonna have haters as early as today.” She said with an unsteady laugh. Jay smiled apologetically and pulled her into a hug.

 

HyeSu sat silently inside the car with SungYeol as Infinite’s manager drove them to Namsan. “Are you sure this is okay?” HyeSu whispered to SungYeol.

 

The boy laughed. “That’s the fifth time you asked me that.” SungYeol remarked. “Yes, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

 

HyeSu nodded unsteadily then looked outside the window.  She wasn’t so sure if she was doing the right thing. First, she felt as if she was misleading SungYeol. She didn’t like him like that but she felt too bad about declining him right on. Second, he was an idol and third, she was training to be an idol as well. A lot of things could go wrong for the both of them.

 

SungYeol felt unsteady as he watched HyeSu. “You’re awfully quiet.” He said. HyeSu turned to him and smiled sheepishly. “is it because of me?” SungYeol asked.

 

“No, no.” HyeSu quickly replied. “I’m just asking myself if I’m doing the right thing right now.” She replied honestly.

 

The car stopped in front of a restaurant. HyeSu froze as SungYeol opened the door. SungYeol smiled at her. “Don’t worry, it’s been rented out for the night. We’re the only ones here.” He told her as he got off. He offered his hand to HyeSu and she took it then walked inside with SungYeol.

 

The two of them talked and took turns in getting to know each other. HyeSu surprisingly had fun learning new things about SungYeol. How he really preferred acting and how he liked dongsaengs more than noonas. After dinner, the two of them walked out by the Han River.

 

They were walking side by side, not really too close nor too far. “HyeSu…” SungYeol called out her name softly. HyeSu slowly turned to him and he looked at her simply watching her face from curiosity to confusion. SungYeol turned around and saw DongWoo, Hoya, MinRin and MyungSoo walking towards them. “What!? What are you guys doing here?” he asked almost irritatedly.

 

“The question is, what are you two doing here?” Hoya asked, putting an arm around SungYeol’s neck, laughing.

 

“We’re just strolling.” HyeSu quickly explained as Hoya dragged SungYeol ahead of their group with MyungSoo walking after them, leaving HyeSu and DongWoo behind.

 

“He really likes you.” DongWoo suddenly said which surprised HyeSu.

 

HyeSu sighed heavily. “And this is exactly why I think I’m being unfair.” She muttered under her breath. DongWoo looked at her with a question on his face but HyeSu just waved her head with a smile. “Nothing. Let’s go.” She told him.