Chapter 15 :: fun in the sun!

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

teehee~ I hope you guys like this chapter because I will be busy tomorrow and I might not be able to update. hahaha~



 

 

Chapter 15

 

Shinae woke up feeling a heavy weight above her. She opened her eyes looked up to see Jay, with his eyes closed as well, leaning towards her. She checked her watch, she’s been asleep for over an hour. It 15 minutes past 12 already. “.” She muttered to herself to which Jay suddenly woke up. “Oh, sorry.” She muttered to him. “Do you know if any of them cooked lunch?” she asked him.

 

Jay waved his head, “I guess I fell asleep too. So I don’t really know.” He told her. “Come on, let’s check if they did.” He said, holding out a hand to her. She smiled and took his hand, walking to the pool side and saw Minah with TOP, on the grill. They were talking animatedly as the others were missing. “I guess they did cook lunch.” Jay said with a small chuckle.

 

Shinae and Jay approached them, Minah looked at their leader with a smile, her eyes travelling to their joined hands. “I’m guessing you slept well.” She said teasingly. “Do you guys want to have lunch? It’s burgers and kebabs.” She said.

 

“Yes please.” Shinae replied. TOP handed her a plate and handed one to Jay too. The two of them sat on the nearby picnic table. “So, is everyone by the beach?” she asked, glancing at the beach front. “I guess they are. I can see SungYeol.” She said, watching the boy enjoy himself getting carried by the waves. She then turned to Minah and frowned, “why aren’t you there with them?” she asked.

 

Minah laughed. “Well, our leader fell asleep and MiEun our new cook is having way too much fun at the beach so I need to step up and cook for everyone else.” She replied. “We can all go together once you’re both done eating.” She said and sat down beside Shinae while TOP sat beside Jay.

 

After eating, Shinae cleaned up a bit then headed to the beach front with Jay, Minah and TOP. The four of them headed to the tanning benches where the others’ clothes were strewn all over. Shinae took off her dress and so did Minah. They were applying lotion all over their bodies, Shinae got conscious when she noticed Jay looking at her. She heard him smirk, she stood up straight and looked at him as he took off his shirt.

 

Shinae linked arms with Minah then started walking towards the beach. “I feel so conscious.” She told Minah who stifled a laugh. Shinae looked back and saw Jay and TOP approaching them, Jay in his board shorts with TOP wearing a white wifebeater. “Why does he have to be so gorgeous?” she asked Minah.

 

Minah looked back and furrowed her eyebrows. “Are you talking about TOP or Jay?” she asked and Shinae laughed so loud that everyone looked her way. “Guess you were talking about Jay.” Minah sneered.

 

“I’m sorry Minah.” Shinae replied, still laughing. “TOP is just not my style.” She told the eldest. “He probably is yours but not mine. I like boys that can seriously dance.” She said with a big smile.

 

“Obviously.” Minah replied, tossing some water towards Shinae who just shrieked. “Come on girls, let’s give our leader a shower.” Minah shouted and the rest of the girls started tossing water to Shinae who just turned around and let them.

 

After a while, they all went back to their own business. MiEun walked to the shore and sat down, watching everyone else have fun. She didn’t even notice that SungJong sat down beside her. He just amusingly watched her as she smiled. “Why are you all alone here?” he suddenly asked which made her jump. SungJong laughed for a bit. “Sorry. But, what are you doing here all alone?” he asked.

 

MiEun shrugged. “I guess, I think I still don’t know how to fit in with them.” She said, motioning to the girls. “They all seem so close already.” She said, lowering her eyes. SungJong bit his lower lip, he doesn’t like it when people were sad around him. MiEun noticed this and suddenly smiled, “don’t worry about it. It’s been two days since I’ve been with them, of course there’s a bit of an adjustment.” She said.

 

SungJong nodded. “Come on, let’s attempt to drown SungYeol hyung.” He said with a wide grin. MiEun giggled a bit but followed him back into the water.

 

Minah was attempting to bury TOP in the sand along with JiYong, HyeSu and SungYeol. “Let’s see you try and get up from this SeungHyun oppa.” HyeSu said with a smirk in her voice. Minah was just laughing with JiYong as they mixed salt water and sand to make the sand more stiff when it dries up, easier to trap TOP in the soil.

 

“Trust me HyeSu, I will be able to get up from here and when I do, I’ll give you a pleasant surprise later.” TOP replied, faking an evil laugh. Minah tried to stifle her laugh but TOP noticed it immediately, “don’t think you’re saved from all of this Minah, you too.” He told her and she gave him a fake horrified look.

 

JiYong placed a protective arm around her, “don’t worry Minah, I’ll protect you from this old fat man.” He said jokingly.

 

“Said the walking stick with grey hair.” TOP retorted back and the others just completely burst out laughing.

 

“Yah, HyeSu.” SungYeol called out and she looked at him. He was wearing the pail on his head. “Who do I look like?” he asked.

 

She just stared at him. “Um, Patrick Star?” she replied with a small laugh. “Seriously SungYeol, I don’t know what you’re trying to do.” She said, pushing the bucket off his head.

 

Sungyeol pouted, “don’t you ever find me cute?” he asked her showing a pouty face and making googley eyes. He’s been desperately trying to get her to notice him these past few days but it seems like his efforts were complete futile.

 

“I don’t know.” HyeSu replied with a smirk, slightly shrugging. “Maybe I do and maybe I don’t. I guess I still haven’t decided yet.” She said continued to bury her cousin in the sand.

 

It was almost sun down when they were all gathering some wood to make a bonfire. HyeSu and MiEun were tasked to get some blankets so they could all sit down by the fire without getting sand on their bodies. Jay, TOP, JiYong and WooHyun helped each other to bring the grill down by the beach while Minah and Shinae were preparing the food they could eat that night. L and SungYeol went back inside to get L’s guitar so they could have some form of entertainment that evening.

 

After setting up the bonfire and laying down the blankets and cooking food for that evening they were all relaxing by the fire. HyeSu was sitting by SungYeol, playing a game on SungYeol’s iphone. MiEun and SungJong were in deep conversation. MinRin sat in between L and WooHyun who were just singing acoustic versions of their songs. Minah was by the grill with TOP and Jay. Shinae looked at JiYong who had a slight pout.

 

“JiYong oppa.” Shinae called out and he turned to her. “Do you, kinda like Minah unni?” she asked him. “You’ve mostly been with her since we went on this trip and when she’s with SeungHyun oppa you’ve mostly been glaring at him.” Shinae said with a small laugh.

 

JiYong smiled sheepishly. “There’s no point in denying if I got caught right?” he said with a sigh and glancing at Minah while she laughed at a joke that probably TOP said. “We can’t go out in public, but seeing her almost everyday, getting to know her has just been really fun, you know?” he said and Shinae nodded in reply. “You probably understand since it’s quite obvious that you and Jay have something as well.

 

“What?!” Shinae replied, giving a playful punch to JiYong. “We’re just really close friends.” She said, slightly shivering to the wind that just passed by. They were all still in their swimsuits after all. “I mean, yeah Jay is a great guy and he’s really fun to be with you know.” She said, the smiled up at JiYong. “I might have a little crush on him.” She admitted and the other chuckled.

 

“So now, we both have each other’s secret.” JiYong said and Shinae nodded. “Promise never to tell?” he asked, slipping out his pinky towards her.

 

“But oppa, promises are made to be broken.” She told him.

 

JiYong smiled playfully, “exactly.” He said and Shinae shoved him aside as she stood up. “Hey I was just kidding!” he called out as Shinae went towards the tanning beds, grabbing her cover up dress.

 

Jay’s eyebrows furrowed and excused himself walking towards Shinae. “What’s up?” he asked.

 

Shinae smiled, “nothing, we were just fooling around.” She replied with a small laugh then stood up, walking back towards the blankets. JiYong was now watching HyeSu play with SungYeol. She sat down again, pulling up her legs then covering them with her dress. Jay noticed she was slightly shivering and sat closer to her, wrapping his bare arms around her. She jumped a bit at the contact of his skin on hers but got used to it.

 

WooHyun nudged MinRin lightly and motioned for her to stand up and take a walk with him. She smiled and nodded and the two of them walked by the shore, away from everyone else. “Minnie, I know the fans still haven’t stopped reacting to the photos but I hope you don’t mind.” He said apologetically.

 

MinRin smiled and waved her head. “It’s okay oppa. I mean, it’s not like we’re really dating right?” she said with an unsteady laugh.

 

“Yeah… right.” WooHyun replied feeling a bit down. He just watched MinRin walk with a smile on her face as she watched the sea roll down to her feet. “Minnie…” he called out to her and she looked back at him with a smile on her face. “I… um…” he started. “I know we can’t… well actually we can but… I don’t know if you’d like it. And I think I also have to get the approval of everyone else specially from MyungSoo but I don’t know—“ he ranted on.

 

“WooHyun oppa.” MinRin suddenly interjected. “Do you want to tell me something?” she asked.

 

WooHyun sighed. “Okay, here it goes.” He said then took a deep breath. “I like you MinRin, for quite a long time already. And I know this is an inconvenient time since you’re training and I’m busy for our comeback but Kim MinRin, would you like to be my girlfriend?”