Chapter 22: Farewells and Babysitting

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

 

It was a Wednesday afternoon when Kyung arrived at the dorm. Shinae was downstairs and opened the door for him.

 

“Hey buddy what’s good?” Shinae asked and gave Kyung a brotherly hug. “The girls and I watched the first episode of your MTV Match Up.” She said with a small giggle.

 

Kyung laughed. “It’s all good fun really.  Though it can get really crazy.” He said. They headed upstairs where MinRin was playing a video game with C.A.P. and L.Joe  “Where’s everyone?” Kyung asked.

 

“MinRin just finished rap training with L.Joe, JiYong oppa is with Minah on rap training. HyeSu, I guess is sleeping in or something because JunHyung is busy with his schedule and won’t come until later like my trainer.” Shinae explained. “MiEun is….” She said. “Wait, where is MiEun?” she said as she stood up and walked towards MinRin. “Minnie, have you seen MiEun?” Shinae asked.

 

MinRin looked up to their leader with a questioned look. “Didn’t she go out this morning? The Illionaire oppas called her over.” MinRin said, turning her gaze back to the television screen. “Unfair!” she called out and looked at C.A.P. who had a grin on his face.

 

Shinae turned back to Kyung and was about to say something when the doorbell rang. Shinae quickly jogged down and opened to door. “Oh, Dok2 oppa, The Quiett oppa. What are you guys doing here?’ she asked then noticed MiEun standing behind them.

 

“Is everyone here?” Dok2 asked and Shinae nodded then led them upstairs.

 

“We’re all here but Minah unni is in training with JiYong oppa.” Shinae explained. “They’re at the recording booth, I think.” She said. “HyeSu is still in her room.”

 

Dok2 nodded to The Quiett and Dok2 went down. “We need to talk to you girls again.” He said. “If you can ask HyeSu to join us please, Shinae.” He said. Shinae nodded and quickly went upstairs.

 

They were all gathered in the living room while the boys were all downstairs waiting. “I hate doing this, really.” The Quiett said and sighed while the girls sat in front of him, all anxious. He started pressing some things on his ipad then showed the girls various pictures of DongWoon holding hands with a small girl that looked so much like MiEun. “Another scandal and this time with BEAST.” He said.

 

The girls all glanced at MiEun who had her head in a bow. “We don’t forbid you to date, and we won’t because you can’t stop yourself from falling in love right?” Dok2 said, “but please be careful, specially if you’re going to date a member of an extremely famous group. Their stalkers and fans are scary, you girls are our babies. We don’t want any of you getting hurt.” He explained.

 

“What’s going to happen now?” HyeSu asked.

 

The  Quiett eyed MiEun. “As much as we don’t want this to happen…” he started.

 

“I’m leaving the group voluntarily.” MiEun suddenly spoke up.

 

“What!?” Minah called out. “It hasn’t even been 2 months!” she said and ran a frustrated hand on her hair. “Is there any other way that we can clear this up? A press conference? A letter from Dongwoon and MiEun? Anything!” she said.

 

MiEun smiled towards their eldest. “I… I want to leave unni.” She said, her voice slightly breaking. “Dok2 oppa and the Quiett oppa were telling me if I wanna think about it and to reconsider, but I want to.” She said with a sad smile. “I’m not leaving because I don’t like you guys, you guys are the best people I’ve been with. But, I don’t think I’m ready for all of it just yet.”

 

“MiEun…” HyeSu called out, reaching a hand to the youngest.

 

“I’ll still come to visit, I’ll support you guys all the way. I’ll make your fanclub and tell them how great my unnies are.” She said with tears streaming down her cheeks. Then the rest of the girls started crying, even Shinae was tearing up. “Please don’t cry. I don’t want you guys to cry.”

 

“How can we not cry you crazy girl!” MinRin called out while sobbing to their leader.

 

Shinae cleared . “We can’t force you to stay with us if you’re not ready. But know that you’re always welcome here. We’re still going to be your illionaire family.” Shinae said with a small smile to the girl.

 

MiEun decided to move out of the house that afternoon. Minah resumed her rap training with JiYong. Shinae, MinRin and HyeSu spent the rest of the afternoon with CAP, L.Joe and Kyung at the dance studio, sitting on the floor.

 

Shinae looked at MinRin and HyeSu who had sad looks on their faces. She sighed and faked a smile, “you guys wanna go out get some ice cream?” she asked no one in particular.

 

Kyung laughed. “You’re supposed to be on rap training.” He retorted.

 

Shinae made a face at her best friend. “Park Kyung, you think we can concentrate on rapping right now?” she retorted.

 

Kyung raised his hands in defeat. “Fine, you got me.” He said. “I’d love some ice cream.” He said.

 

The six of them went off to HongDae, just walking around and eating their ice cream, casually looking around shops buying things for themselves. Everyone was visibly distracted but tried hard not to show it. When it was late, they all decided to go back to the house. CAP and L.Joe had to leave so the girls bade goodbye to them. JiYong also already left for a late recording session.

 

The girls were hanging out with Kyung at the second floor, attempting to throw raps at each other when the doorbell rang. Shinae bolted out of her seat and ran downstairs. She opened the door, surprised to see Tablo standing there, holding a baby girl in his arms. “Tablo oppa.” Shinae said.

 

Tablo smiled shyly and entered. That’s when Shinae noticed that all the members of Infinite came along too. “Hey Shinae, I know this is short notice but I have to run some errands and my wife’s busy with filming so do you mind looking after my baby girl for a while?” he asked.

 

Shinae looked at the baby girl then to the Infinite members. “Yeah I’d we’d be glad to take care of her. But does taking care of her mean that we have to take care of the rest of the Infinite members as well?” she asked.

 

Tablo chuckled as he handed Shinae the baby girl. “They insisted on coming. It’ll be fun.” He said with a nod then checking his watch. “Okay, I’m late. The diapers and milk bottles are with Sunggyu, I also packed extra clothes for her and some toys. If you need any help, just call me.” He said. “And what else…”

 

“Oppa.” Shinae said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “You can go. We’re going to be fine.” She said with a small chuckle.

 

“Thanks Shinae, I owe you girls one.” Tablo said then turned to the Infinite boys. “Be nice. Don’t make a mess. I’ll be back later.” He said then left.

 

One by one the members of Infinite went up the second floor, leaving Sunggyu and Shinae, the two of them went up together. Laughing and SungYeol’s voice could be heard throughout the second floor. Sunggyu held the door open for Shinae and the girls ran towards their leader upon seeing the baby.

 

“Unni! You have a baby!?” MinRin asked all of a sudden. “Why didn’t you tell us? Who’s the father?”

 

Shinae laughed. “This is not my daughter. It’s Tablo oppa’s daughter. He needs us to look after her for a while. Along with the Infinite boys.” She told the youngest member.

 

The girls were all cooing and playing with the baby girl, not minding the Infinite boys. “Aww, is she more fun than we are?” SungYeol asked with a small pout.

 

HyeSu laughed and stood up. “Sorry, we’re all just really fond of babies.” She explained.

 

Shinae still had the baby girl in her arms, the baby yawned as SungYeol’s obnoxious voice reverberated through the walls of the house. “Okay, I’m going to stay upstairs with the baby okay? I doubt she’s gonna be able to sleep with SungYeol’s loud mouth.” She said then walked towards the stairs.

 

“I’ll come with you.” Sunggyu said and walked with Shinae towards the vacant room that was previously MiEun’s room. “Wow, this is a pretty room.” Sunggyu said as he set down the baby bag on the bed. Shinae sat down on one side and laid the baby girl there.

 

Shinae looked up at Sunggyu and smiled. “Yeah, I like the color of this room very much.” She said with a nod. “You can go down and join the guys there, I can take care of her alone here.” Shinae said then directed her attention back to the baby girl, cooing to her and making her laugh.

 

Sunggyu smiled, watching Shinae like that. He doesn’t really know the girl that much but she seems pretty interesting. “Nah, too much people downstairs anyway.” Sunggyu said, sitting on the opposite side of Shinae.

 

The door suddenly opened to reveal Kyung and Zico’s head popping in. “Hi B, just dropped by to pick up Kyung. See you soon!” Zico said.

 

“Heya Z. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Shinae said and waved at the boy as the left. She turned to Sunggyu who was trying to babytalk with the baby girl. She stifled a giggle which Sunggyu clearly heard and looked up at her. “It’s adorable.” She explained.

 

“What’s adorable?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“You, baby talking.” Shinae replied with a laugh. Sunggyu pouted at her and she faked a pout back at him. “Aww, is our baby Sunggyu sad over a compliment?” she replied, trying to baby talk and held out both her hands towards Sunggyu to pinch his cheeks but he quickly grabbed her wrists to stop her.

 

Then all of a sudden, the door opened with JunHyung standing there, his eyes on the both of them.



 

hello guys~

so um, one of our members decided to drop out of the story. (T__T)

and I've decided to just keep the story with 4 girls.

sorry for the late updates. very busy with life. <3

-listeningsoul