Chapter 23 :: Arguments and Dates

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

Chapter 23

 

“JunHyung would you just listen to me?” Shinae asked, they were outside. JunHyung stormed off as soon as he saw Shinae with Sunggyu. “We were joking around because of Tablo’s baby girl okay?” she said.

 

JunHyung took a deep breath and looked at Shinae. “Did he really have to hold you like that? Did you two really have to be in one room together?”

 

Shinae sighed. “SungYeol was being very loud downstairs, we were trying to make her sleep.” She explained further.

 

JunHyung laughed. “I know you think I’m being stupid, unreasonable and paranoid.” He said without looking at her. “Sure, I might be all those things but its only because I love you so much.” He told her.

 

Shinae sighed. “JunHyung.” She said. “Please don’t be like this.”

 

JunHyung smiled bitterly at her. “We said we’d try right?” he asked and Shinae nodded meekly. “But Shinae, why does it feel like I’m the only one trying?” he said then headed inside the house.

 

Shinae took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around half expecting it to be JunHyung then he would wrap his arms around her and comfort her. She was a little dismayed to see Jay standing there. He gave her an apologetic smile and gave her a comforting hug.

 

She didn’t even realize that she was crying into his chest until he started soothing her back. “It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” He told her.

 

Shinae stubbornly waved her head. “It is Jay, it is.” She replied as he guided her towards the recording booth. He let Shinae sit on the couch while he sat across her on a chair. “I’m so stupid.” She told him.

 

“No you’re not.” Jay replied. “He should be more considerate towards your relationship with each other. JunHyung knows you have to work with a lot of male artists like us, besides you weren’t doing anything wrong.” He told the girl. Shinae looked up at Jay and he smiled. “Come on, dry those tears.” He told her, extending his arms towards her.

 

Shinae chuckled a little and hugged him. “Thanks Jay. You’re a great friend.” She said, pulling him closer to him.

 

Friend.You’re a great friend. Those words played in Jay’s mind as he held Shinae in his arms. If only, we could be more than friends. Shinae pulled away from Jay and smiled, hastily wiping her tears. Jay chuckled and wiped her tears for her. “Come on, we need to be on rap training.” He said, finally standing up closely followed by Shinae.

 

JunHyung walked up to the second floor and found HyeSu with the baby girl, Sunggyu on one side and DongWoo on another side, playing with the baby girl. He suddenly felt a little guilty about getting mad at Shinae. He sighed and walked up to HyeSu. “Hey HyeSu, you ready for rap training?” he asked her.

 

HyeSu looked up and nodded. She passed the baby to DongWoo then stood up. HyeSu jumped a little when her cat suddenly walked around her feet. “JunHyung!” she complained. JunHyung turned towards her with a questioned look. “Oh sorry.” She said as she picked up her cat. “I named my cat after you.” HyeSu said sheepishly.

 

JunHyung chuckled a little. “Alright, let’s go.” He said and the two of them went up to the study room.

 

MinRin plopped down beside DongWoo and played with the baby girl, cooing to her and just carrying her. MinRin took the baby from DongWoo’s arms and walked towards Sunggyu. “Oppa, does she have any toys in the baby bag.”

 

Sunggyu nodded in reply. “Do you want me to get them for you? They’re at MiEun’s old room.” He said, pointing upstairs.

 

MinRin waved her head in reply. “I’ll just stay there.” She said and walked up to the third floor.

 

WooHyun’s eyes were watching MinRin from the moment he saw her. He watched as she laughed with her brother, play with DongWoo and the baby girl. He stood up and followed her as she went upstairs and to the vacant room.

 

“Come on baby girl, stay on that spot okay?” she cooed to the baby as MinRin settled her down on the bed and grabbed the baby bag digging through it looking for toys. “Ah here we go.” She said and pulled out a little bear, playing with it and the baby girl.

 

WooHyun smiled a little as he entered the room. MinRin looked up, startled. “Hey.” He said simply. MinRin nodded with a small smile and turned her attention back at the baby. “Why are you here all alone?” he asked. WooHyun wanted to mentally slap himself for asking a stupid question.

 

“She might cry from all the noise.” MinRin replied simply. “Why are you here WooHyun oppa?” she shot back at him.

 

WooHyun sighed and sat down on the bed. “I know, I’m a complete —“

 

“Yes you are oppa.” MinRin said all of a sudden, pinning her gaze to WooHyun. “I think you should—“

 

“Let me finish.” He begged her. “I know, I left you just like that after asking you to be my girlfriend. It’s just…” he started then sighed. “MyungSoo said somethings that made me realize that, if we did go public I’m scared of the fans hurting you, I’m scared of endangering your group’s debut. There are so many things that will get affected.”

 

MinRin nodded understanding what he said. “But—“ she started again when WooHyun held up a hand.

 

“But, I don’t want to loose you either.” WooHyun said. “So… So, I know I probably lost that chance already but, I want to be with you. Really, I do.”

 

MinRin just watched the boy, his eyebrows furrowing, his eyes longing. She was about to say something when the baby suddenly started crying. MinRin turned her attention to the baby, she heard WooHyun sigh heavily.

 

Minah was laughing at some joke that SungYeol was telling while he searched around the fridge for something to eat when Minah felt her phone going off in her pocket.

 

JiYong Oppa Calling…

 

She excused herself from the Infinite boys and answered the call. “Hi JiYong oppa~” she greeted to him.

 

“Hey Minah, I know it’s short notice but are you free tonight?” he asked her.

 

“Hmm… yeah, I’m free tonight. Why?” she asked back.

 

“Great.” JiYong replied with a small chuckle. “Do you wanna have dinner with me?” he asked.

 

Minah’s eyes widened. “Oh.” She said, quickly going up to the third floor and into her room, sitting on her bed. “Just, dinner right?” she asked.

 

“Hmmm, dinner then maybe we can walk around the Han River, grab some coffee, talk.” He replied. “I mean, it’s totally okay if you don’t want to—“ he said.

 

“No.” Minah quickly replied, cutting JiYong off. “I mean, yeah it’s totally cool.” She replied with a small smile forming on her lips.

 

“Okay, I’ll pick you up in 30 minutes. See you baby girl.” He said then hanged up.

 

Minah placed a hand on her lips. “Oh my god, did I just agree to go out on a date with Kwon JiYong?” she asked herself. She stifled a giggle. “I’m going out with Kwon JiYong!” she exclaimed and jumped off from her bed and into the closet.