Chapter 8 :: Surprise!

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

Chapter 8

hello lovelies~

sorry this took a while~

I was busy. lol and its my birthday today! yay! LOL hope you'll like this <3



 

The first day was over and here comes the second one, the girls have done nothing but sleep, eat, wake up and go through vocal training. But since their trainers were quite busy, some of them would come in the mornings, afternoons or evenings.

 

For Minah, JiYong would normally drop by in the mornings since he was mostly busy in the afternoons and evenings. He also told her that he wouldn’t be able to come on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays because he was busy with YG and Big Bang business. She understood completely and looked forward to meeting MinRin’s brother for vocal trainings.

 

Jay was also busy with finishing his album and rehearsals for his comeback. So, he would come at nights sometimes, even really late. He would apologize all the time, but Shinae would always say that she understood and was also looking forward to Jay’s comeback. Jay told her that he would be coming in on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and Sunggyu would come in for the days that he couldn’t fill in.

 

In HyeSu’s case, SungYeol was busy since they were about to finish promoting Nothing’s Over and they were going to promote a new song afterwards. He apologized that he can only come in 2-3 days week and those are Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. Though, Dok2 informed HyeSu that instead of SeungRi, TaeYang would be replacing him as her mentor. She was happy and agreed, TaeYang would be a much better teacher than SeungRi.

 

For Eunjae, YongHwa wasn’t much busy since he was done with We Got Married, and they weren’t promoting their songs as much but he informed Eunjae that he could only come in during Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Hoya would be the one to help her and if Hoya wouldn’t be available, HyunSeung from BEAST would also be a substitute.

 

And as much as WooHyun wants to come in everyday for a week to help MinRin with her vocal training, he couldn’t and would only be able to come in Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. On the other days, BEAST’s main vocal, YoSeob would be the one to take over for WooHyun.

 

It was Sunday evening when Dok2 dropped by the house, Jay and Shinae were at the recording booth again, the two were trying to finish and perfect the mixing and blending of voices in the song so they were recording individually.

 

Minah was the one who let Dok2 in the house and he asked her to get Shinae and Jay up to the living room. So everyone started gathering in the living room. “So, now that we’re all here. As you girls know, no vocal training on Monday because we’re going shopping.” He said and the girls cheered.  “Supreme Team wants to come so it’s gonna be me, The Quiett, Simon D and E-Sens.”

 

“And me.” Jay said, the girls were surprised and looked at him. He looked at Shinae and smiled. “What? A man can relax right?” he said and the girls just smiled back at him.

 

“Okay, well go on and finish your training then we’ll be here at 10 AM and we’ll all go to the mall together.” Dok2 said. The girls and Jay said goodbye to Dok2. The girls went back to their businesses, Jay and Shinae went back to the recording booth. “So, why’d you say you’d be coming with us tomorrow?” Shinae asked as they went back to the recording booth.

 

Jay smirked. “Why? You didn’t want me to go?” he asked back. In just 2 days, he has grown so fond of her. He loved how she was very enthusiastic, like it was the first time she was training. Most of the time, he would look at her and see a pained expression that she kept masked with a smile. But he knew there was more to her that what she’s showing.

 

Shinae grinned back. “I’d like to go shoe shopping without crazy fangirls running around the mall.” She replied which made Jay laugh. “I like to shop in peace so I can think you know.” She said, smiling widely. Jay was about to say something when Shinae’s phone started ringing.  She took out her phone and looked at Jay apologetically.

 

JunHyung calling…

 

She looked back up at Jay who just smiled at her. “Go on. It might be important. It’s actually been buzzing for the whole time you were recording.” He told her.

 

Shinae smiled back and rejected the call. “Let’s get back to recording.” She said, leading the way to the recording booth.

 

***

 

MinRin woke up early the next day. She went down to the kitchen and saw no one. She started making the breakfast, cooking rice and frying some eggs and bacon. Her phone suddenly beeped and she took it out, and found a message from WooHyun.

 

Fr: WooHyun Oppa

Hi Minnie~ are you free today? ^0^

 

MinRin smiled. What did he want so early in the morning? And why was he asking if she was free today?

 

To: WooHyun Oppa

Hi oppa~ sorry TToTT  I’m going out with the illionaires today. We don’t have vocal training right?

 

She replied and placed her phone on the kitchen counter and resumed cooking. A few minutes later it rang again.

 

Fr: WooHyun Oppa

Nah, but it’s my free day and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. But since you’re busy I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow. ^^; have fun!

 

She smiled as she set down her phone, re-reading his message. She took a piece of toast and held it up a few inches above her face, taking in the aroma. She had to stifle a giggle, excited to see him so soon again. “Gosh, I feel like such a fangirl.” She mumbled to herself as she took a bite of the piece of bread.

 

“Who’s such a fangirl?” HyeSu asked, entering the kitchen with a yawn, JunHyung the cat trailing behind her. “Good morning Minnie~” she said giving a sleepy smile.

 

“If you’re still sleepy HyeSu unni, you still have a few hours left. The oppas aren’t gonna be here for another 3 hours.” Minnie replied, looking at the wall clock.

 

HyeSu waved her head in reply. “Nah, I might sleep in until the afternoon and I won’t be able to go shopping with you guys.” She said, her tone getting more excited.  “I’m so excited!”

 

MinRin smiled, pushing a plate to HyeSu. “Go on and eat breakfast. I’ll be up in the study room.” She said, picking up her phone on her free hand, bringing two more pieces of toast with her. She went to the study room and her laptop, checking on her emails.

 

Her phone rang once again. She didn’t even check the caller and answered it and held it up her ear. “Hi, MinRin here.” She said in her cheery tone.

 

“Hey Minnie!” a male voice replied. It barely registered in her mind. She took the phone off her ear and checked the caller, it was WooHyun. Why did he call? MinRin held the phone up to her ear again. “Hello?” he asked.

 

“Oh, hi oppa~ Why did you call me?” She asked nervously, sitting down in front of her laptop.

 

She heard him laugh. “Sorry for being so annoying. I was just wondering, well the boys and I were wondering if we can all hang out later tonight?” he asked her, hearing the chatter of the other boys on the other line.

 

“Sure, we’d be glad to have you guys over.” MinRin replied then closed her laptop and walked down to see everyone awake and eating breakfast. “Around what time will you guys come over?” she asked, looking at her friends.

 

“Who is it? Are you talking to one of the infinite oppas?” HyeSu asked and MinRin nodded in reply. “Are they coming later?” MinRin nodded again in reply.

 

“What time should I ask them to come by?” MinRin asked, still holding the phone up to her ear. “Around 5PM would that be good?” the rest of the girls nodded in reply. “Okay then WooHyun oppa, see you guys later. Bye~” she said and placed her phone down.

 

While they were having breakfast, Dok2 arrived with E-Sens, Simon D, The Quiett and Jay. They had a bit of breakfast with the girls as well then waited for all of them to get ready and finally went to the mall taking 2 cars with them.

 

EunJae nudged Shinae as they walked around the mall, “Aren’t you going to tell the others?” she asked. Shinae smiled and waved her head. EunJae frowned. “Why not?”

 

Shinae just shrugged in reply. “I don’t know. Do I really have to tell them?” she asked back.

 

“Unni,” EunJae groaned out in reply. “It’s your birthday, you have to tell them.” She said.

 

Shinae groaned. She never really liked celebrating her birthday. It was just a reminded for her that she was turning a year older. She smirked then glanced at her brother who was talking to Simon D. “Even my brother doesn’t remember that it’s my birthday.” She said then her phone rang.

 

Z Calling…

 

“Yo Z.” she said, picking it up, holding the phone a few inches away from her ears.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!” a chorus of voices called out over the phone. Shinae smiled, hearing laughter and chatter everywhere. “Hey B, sorry, first birthday that I can’t be with you.” Zico called out. “Hold on.” He said then passed the phone to someone else.


“Hey baby girl, its Kyungie.” Kyung called out over the phone. “Happy birthday~ We’ll make it up to you soon I promise.” He said.

 

Shinae chuckled in reply. “Thanks you guys~ y’all definitely owe me one.” She said. Zico and Kyung were busy so they had to say goodbye. She understood though, they were debuting that day, of course they would be busy. In a few months, she would be the same way.

 

“So, which one do you think looks better on me?” Minah asked as she stood in front of the mirror, checking out two different shoes on her feet. “I think I like the red one better. But the black one would match a lot of outfits for me.” She said then looked at HyeSu who was thinking.

 

“I think it’s better to get the black one.”HyeSu said then turned to MinRin. “What do you think?” she asked the youngest. MinRin looked at Minah’s feet and pointed at the black one. “Yeah, definitely black one.” She said, nodding.

 

They’re already on the fifth shoe shop. So far, Shinae has bought a pair of new Nikes and three high heels. EunJae bought two new Nikes, a pair of Vans and two high heels. MinRin bought two pairs of doll shoes, two pairs of high heels and a pair of Nikes. HyeSu got herself three pairs of heels and two pairs of Nikes. Minah bought a pair of doll shoes, two pairs of heels and a pair of Nikes.

 

Shinae was sitting down, she was tired already and wanted to get some rest. Jay saw her and sat down next to her. “Already tired?” he asked with a small chuckle. Shinae smiled and nodded. “Wow, a girl giving up on shoe shopping. I can’t believe it.” He teased. Shinae pouted but gave him a light punch on the shoulder. “Ow! You hit like a guy!”

 

“I do not!” She protested which made Jay laugh. The two of them talked and laughed that Shinae didn’t even notice that Eunjae and MinRin left with E-Sens and Simon D. She also didn’t notice the phone that’s been vibrating in her bag.

 

They finished shopping in a couple of hours, Shinae finally noticed the missing people. Dok2 told her that the four of them were together and would shortly follow to the house. Shinae, too tired to think, just nodded and they headed to the parking area.

 

Shinae was driving her car with HyeSu and Minah at the back and Jay seating on the passenger seat. They all noticed how she was awfully quiet then heard a phone ringing again. “Jay, can you get my phone? It’s in my bag.” She said.

 

Jay nodded and took out her phone. “You have 25 missed calls.” He said, handing it to her. She sighed and checked the call log. 22 from JunHyung and 3 from U-Kwon.

 

She placed her phone between her legs and resumed driving, then felt it going off again. She picked it up and answered without checking who was calling. “Hello?” she asked.

 

“Hello my B-Girl.” A voice croaked out and she knew immediately. “Happy Birthday, I love you.” He said then took a deep breath. “I originally wanted to come to your place but you might not want to see me at all.” He said. “Do you mind if I did?” he asked again.

 

“I don’t know.” She replied simply. “I honestly don’t. I’m sorry I have to go.” She said as she pulled in the drive way. She parked the car, they all took out the paper bags and made their way to the house. HyeSu was the one who opened the lock on the door and entered the studio. Shinae attempted to open the lights but to no avail. “We don’t have any power?” she asked.

 

The she noticed a small light coming from the hallway leading to the recording room. Then she heard a faint singing, “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,” then it went louder as the light came nearer. “happy birthday dear Shinae, happy birthday to you~”

 

She can distinctly see the face of EunJae who was holding the cake. “Go on, B. Make a wish and blow out your candle.” She said with a smile. Shinae nodded with a smile of her own and closed her eyes then blew out the candles.

 

Then the lights came on, along with party poppers. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” she noticed the infinite boys were there, Simon D and E-Sens laughing at the side,”You didn’t think your own brother would forget right?” E-Sens asked. Zico, Kyung and U-Kwon wearing party hats and cheering on the other side, and faces that she didn’t expect to see, JunHyung with the rest of BEAST.

 

Just as JunHyung was about to step up, Jay walked up to Shinae, giving her a bouquet of Tulips mixed with Lilies. “Happy birthday B-Girl.” He said.