Chapter 25 :: late night dates

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

Chapter 25

 

It was 11PM, JiYong and Minah are walking by the Han River. The two of them were talking but now they’ve been awfully quiet. Too quiet for JiYong. “So…” he started and walked a bit closer to Minah. “Why are we so… awkward?” he asked with a small chuckle.

 

Minah chuckled in reply. She didn’t know what to say to him. Minah glanced at JiYong who was just looking at her. “I just don’t know what to do… or what to say.” She replied with a little shrug. “How’s it going with the rest of the BigBang members?” she asked which made JiYong chuckle. “I know you’ve all been having a difficult time because of DaeSung oppa.” She said.

 

Jiyong sighed. “DaeSung is coping up. We’re trying to do everything we can to cheer him up.  But he prefers to be alone these days.” He replied. Minah just nodded at his response. He sighed heavily and took Minah’s hand, entwining it with his. “Let’s not talk about depressing things.” He told him. “How’s training and preparations going?”

 

Minah’s eyes travelled from their hands to his face. She smiled at him and nodded. “It’s doing great. Though we’ve had members falling out once or twice but everything is going good so far. I’m guessing after these rap trainings we’re gonna go with dance, then  probably recording, preparations.” She said with a shrug. “Just a wild guess on how it goes.” She said.

 

JiYong nodded. “Yep that’s about right.” He told her. She suddenly stopped walking when she felt her phone going off. She checked her phone and saw her best friend, Nickhun calling her. She sighed and kept her phone in her pocket. She decided to call him when she gets home. Jiyong made a face and looked at her. “It’s alright. You can answer the call if it’s important.” He said.

 

Minah waved her head. “It can wait.” She told him. JiYong nodded with a smile. Again, she pulled out her phone and sent a message to Khun, call you later. Sorry. She wrote and sent it then looked at JiYong again with a smile. “Come on.” She said and tugged on his hand.

 

The two of them continued walking and enjoying the night air, holding hands. “Oppa,” she said all of a sudden. “to be honest, I’m scared of this.” She said, holding up their hand a little. “I’ve done a lot of wreckless things before but I think this is one thing that I will never regret doing.” She said then stopped walking and planted a kiss on JiYong’s cheek.

 

She never noticed but JiYong blushed a little from her action. He never expected for her to act like that. He smiled shyly. “Warn me next time before you jump me like that.” He said and Minah chuckled. “I love it when you laugh like that.” He confessed.

 

It was her turn to blush. She looked down at her feet then felt as if she saw a flash of light. She looked up and tried to look around but found no one. “I love it when you laugh too.” She told him without looking at him, feeling extremely shy.

 

“You’re cute when you’re shy.” He said then grinned at her, letting her hand go but placing his arm around her. “Come on, let’s continue walking.” He said and the two of them walked down further, admiring the beautiful lights coming from the bridge of the Han River.

 

Shinae sighed for the nth time today. She stared at her coffee cup, sitting in front of Jay who was just watching her. He picked up his own coffee cup and took a sip then settled it down without breaking his gaze away from her. “Are you sighing because you’re worried over something?” Jay asked which woke her up from her daze.


She sighed again which made her laugh at herself. “I’m worried if I’m making the right decisions.” She explained to Jay without looking at him, keeping her gaze at her coffee cup. “I’ve always been so careful of my actions, hoping I’m doing the right thing but I can’t really figure out if I am doing the right thing.” She looked up at him and saw him with a confused expression. “I don’t make sense huh?”

 

“Are you talking about something or someone?” he pushed further.

 

Shinae laughed. “Both?” she told him in reply. She shrugged and looked outside. The streets were surprisingly empty, maybe because it was a weekday and everyone had school the next day.

 

Jay sat up and placed his hand on top of Shinae’s. She looked at him and smiled back at his smiling face. “Come on.” He said, nudging his head outside. Shinae nodded and followed him outside the café and the two of them started walking.

 

Shinae’s eyes wandered around. “Where are we going?” she asked him.

 

Jay pointed towards a building on the second floor. “We’re going to dance.” He explained simply. “I know it’s late but the Prepix crew are still here and they’re always up for a little battle.” He said, chuckling slightly. “They’ll be glad to meet you.” Shinae nodded and followed Jay inside the building and into the second floor.

 

There were a number of people inside the studio. Shinae recognized Haw, of course and some of the other back up dancers for Jay. She also noticed Rookie and Jotee sitting on one side of the studio. “Hyung!” Jay called out which caught everyone’s attention. He greeted every single one of them and pushed Shinae forward. “This is Shinae. She’s our new illionaire baby.” He said.

 

“Oh! You’re that sick b-girl!” Rookie called out. “You finally signed with the ill huh?” he asked and Shinae nodded with a smile. “Great, great.” He said. “So, what are you two doing here?” he asked.

 

Jay gestured to Shinae. “Just thought we could do a little practice. Battle with y’all.” He said. “Me and Shinae versus you and Jotee hyung how about it?” he asked Rookie. Shinae agreed and so did Jotee and Rookie.

 

Haw played a beat on and Jay stood beside Shinae while on the other side stood Jotee and Rookie. The four of them danced around happily laughter and playfulness filled the room as they did funny tricks as they danced. Shinae didn’t notice it but Jay kept his eyes glued on the girl the whole time, except when he was dancing. He liked it when she would smile or laugh, he loved it more when she would laugh because of him.

 

MinRin woke up a few minutes after her nap. “Oh no.” she whispered and sat up stretching out her arms. “Oh no, where’s the baby?” she whispered alarmingly and sat up her bed. She quickly jogged down and saw Sunggyu holding the baby with WooHyun, SungYeol and HyeSu, sitting in front of Sunggyu and playing with the baby girl.

 

L approached the girl and placed an arm around her. “Did you rest well? SungJong, Hoya and DongWoo were picked up by our manager hyung they have a schedule tomorrow.” he asked. MinRin looked up at him and nodded with a smile. He smiled back and planted a kiss on her hair. “Come on, let’s join the others.” He said and walked with her to where Sunggyu and WooHyun were.

 

As soon as MinRin sat down the couch, the baby started struggling from Sunggyu’s arms. The baby girl held her hands out to MinRin and started grunting. Sunggyu looked at the baby girl to MinRin. “Do you wanna be with Minnie unni?” he asked the baby then the baby started crying all of a sudden.

 

MinRin chuckled and stood up, taking the baby from Sunggyu. “Aigoo~ Do you love me that much?” she asked the baby who started giggling while MinRin tickled her.

 

“Our little Minnie would make a good mother.” SungYeol commented. Then all of a sudden, L smacked SungYeol behind the head. “Ya! I was just saying she’s really good with babies!” he called out.

 

The others laughed. “Minnie’s too young to have a baby.” MyungSoo told SungYeol sternly.

 

“I didn’t say she was gonna have a baby tomorrow.” SungYeol mumbled under his breath.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT?” MyungSoo shouted at him.

 

SungYeol laughed unsteadily. “It’s nothing.” He said, grinning.

 

Sunggyu’s phone suddenly rang. He stood up and answered the call and after a few seconds he came back to the group. “Infinite, Tablo hyung called and he’s on his way to pick us up.” He said.  L stood up and walked towards the guest room to use the bathroom. The baby reached out her arms to HyeSu and MinRin gladly passed the baby to her.

 

WooHyun sat down next to MinRin. His heart beating so fast as he looked at her. “MinRin.” He called out softly and MinRin looked at him. “I really don’t know how to say this.” He started.

 

“What is it WooHyun oppa?” she asked him, her tone trying to be friendly.

 

WooHyun chuckled to himself. “I’m gonna sound a complete now.” He whispered to himself. “I got to talk to MyungSoo about me and you, us.” He started then took a deep breath. “And, you told me before that it would be okay for us to date if he approves of it.”

 

“And everyone else.” MinRin added and WooHyun nodded.

 

“Yeah.” He said. “Well, I’m gonna do just that.” WooHyun said and watched MinRin’s expression turn from cold to surprised. “I’m gonna tell the infinite members tonight and tomorrow I’m going to come and ask permission from your group mates.” He said.

 

“WooHyun—“ MinRin started but WooHyun held up a finger.

 

“I love you. I really do. And I would do anything and everything for you to forgive me and for us to be together.” He said. “You do want us to be together right?” he asked then laughed. “I’m not the only one who wants this as much right?”

 

MinRin smiled at him for the first time after so many weeks. But he wasn’t so sure if it was a smile because she wanted to be with him, or if it was a bittersweet smile. “I…” she started. “I honestly don’t know oppa.” She told him then looked down to her hands. “I don’t know. I want so many things. I want to be a singer. I want to be successful.” She said then looked at WooHyun. “I want to be loved. Right now, I’m just confused. Maybe I’m just getting mixed signals.”

 

WooHyun sighed. “Don’t be confused. I’ve made up my mind. I want you.” He told her sternly.

 

MinRin looked at the window and to WooHyun. “What if I don’t?” she shot back at him. “What if I haven’t made up my mind? And what if I don’t want to be with you?” she asked back at him.

 

“Are you just saying this because you’re mad at me?” WooHyun asked back.

 

MinRin waved her head in reply. “I’m being brutally honest.” For a moment, WooHyun couldn’t breathe. He just watched MinRin look back at him. “I thought I wanted to be with you, but now I’m not so sure.” She told him. It pained his heart to hear her words. “Does it hurt?” she asked.

 

Woohyun nodded. “Very much.”

 

MinRin nodded as well. “Good. At least I’m not the only one in pain.” She said then stood up and ran up to her room.

 

“You’re about to go home and I didn’t get to play with you that much!” HyeSu said with a small pout to the baby.

 

“You can come over at Woolim and we can set up a play date with her you know.” SungYeol suddenly said. HyeSu glanced at SungYeol and nodded then turned her gaze back to the baby. “HyeSu.” He called out to her. “D-Do you want to a date with me?” he asked.

 

HyeSu’s eyes widened. She wanted to mentally slap herself for neglecting to notice the attention that SungYeol has been giving her. How could she have possibly missed it? “Oh, SungYeol.” She said, without taking her gaze away from him. “I really don’t know.” She said. She felt a little guilty. She didn’t look at SungYeol that way.

 

SungYeol sighed. “I know you might not probably like a childish boy like me—“ he started.

 

“No!” HyeSu quickly interjected. “It’s just that… I don’t look at you like that SungYeol.” She told him. “We’re good friends and I don’t want to ruin that.” She told him. SungYeol looked down at his feet and nodded. Making HyeSu feel uneasy and sad about rejecting him like that. She watched him intently then sighed. “Okay, maybe one date wouldn’t hurt.” She said. SungYeol looked at her with a huge grin on his face.

SungYeol was about to say something when they heard the doorbell. “That must be Tablo oppa.” HyeSu said and sat up. The rest of the infinite members followed her downstairs and opened the door.

 

Tablo was there with a smile on his face. “Hello there~ Did you have fun with your unnies?” Tablo cooed to his baby girl who just giggled. He then looked at HyeSu and smiled apologetically. “Sorry for the hassle.” He said.

 

HyeSu waved her head in reply. “No it was fun oppa. You should bring her again next time.” She said. Tablo nodded and walked off followed by the others. SungYeol looked back before he closed the door. “See you tomorrow.” She said. SungYeol grinned with a nod then closed the door.

 

After a couple of minutes, they were all sitting on the floor laughing. “Dang Shinae you really are one cool girl.” Rookie said, drinking out of his water bottle then gesture to her then towards Jay. “You two dating or something?”

 

Shinae’s eyes widened and was about to retort when Jay chuckled. “Hyung! It’s not like that. You know I’m mentoring her. We’re close friends.” He responded. She felt a little sad at his reply but it was true.

 

Jotee sneered. “Who said close friends can’t get a little friendlier?” he told Jay then turned to Shinae. “Are you currently seeing anyone?” he asked and Shinae waved her head in reply. “Jay’s single as well. He wants to ask you out on a date. Will you go with him?”

 

Shinae laughed, her eyes disappearing. “Jotee oppa, this was actually supposed to be a date.” She replied and looked at Jay warily.

 

Jotee and Rookie waved their heads in reply. “Dang Jay, I didn’t realize you’re this weak with girls.” Rookie commented and punched Jay playfully. “The girl is gorgeous and she seems like she likes you too.”

 

Shinae raised her hand up which surprised the boys. “I’m still here.” She said which made the others laugh. She laughed as well and checked her watch. “It’s almost midnight.” She said then looked at Jay. “Cinderella needs to get back home.” She told him playfully.

 

Jay nodded and sat up. “Need to go. Be back tomorrow.” He told the rest of the Prepix crew and to Rookie and Jotee. The others nodded and Jay turned his attention back to Shinae. He took her hand and led her out of the studio and into the streets. “So, do you like me too?” he asked all of a sudden.

 

The girl laughed and realized she was still holding hands with Jay. “And if I do? What would be the difference?” he asked her.

 

Jay stopped her from walking and looked at her. “This.” He said then swooped down and gave her a swift peck on her lips. He moved a few inches away and looked into her eyes. “I won’t stop myself any longer.” He whispered to her.

 

Shinae looked into his eyes and once again her lips met with his.