♔: Broadway Diva

EMPRESS ♔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Empress Mari headlines Broadway

 

Korean Idols acting in musicals has been a trend over the years. Another idol who has join the trend is Mari Park. Mari rose to fame when she debuted under YG Entertainment in the girl group, Empress back in 2013. Mari started her journey in the theater world with a hit remake of a broadway musical, Bonnie and Clyde. She has performed all around asia starting with Korea, China, Japan, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia performing 4 times in each country. 6 months after her musical debut, YG Entertainment announced that Mari will be taking another big leap. She was asked to reprise her role as Bonnie in the Broadway version of Bonnie and Clyde. 

 

"I was really shocked when my manager told me about the offer. I was only told that Ill be acting as bonnie in the asian leg of the musical. I was contemplating at first whether I should be accepting the offer because of the schedule of empress. My members were the one who really pushed me to accept it since they told me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I grabbed it without hesitation" -Mari Park (Source: Allkpop)

 

InsideKPOP: Mari how did all your members react with your broadway fame?

Mari: Fame? I dont consider myself that famous yet. My members were really supportive. They have always been proud of me

InsideKPOP: Were you pressured when you accepted the job?

Mari: Yes I mean there is always pressure. Im not the first in our company to do musical and Im certainly not the first in the kpop world to enter this industry. The pressure is not given to me by the company but the pressure is actually self inflicted. I wanted to do as good as them so that I wont disappoint the people who trust and support me. 

InsideKPOP: Where will you be staying during the duration of the musical?

Mari: Im planning to go back to my house in dover but with the location from broadway, I think I might be renting an apartment near the place. There is still no clear plans yet.

InsideKPOP: You were frequently seen with former member of exo, Luhan what was your relation with him?

Mari: Luhan is a good friend of mine. We met because of a common friend. We recently catched up with each other during my performance in China. He was kind enough to teach me Chinese. He helped me during my stay. 

InsideKPOP: Are you his rumored girlfriend?

Mari: When I say Im not, I really do mean it, He's just a goodfriend. 

InsideKPOP: Have you read the news about Minah?

Mari: Yes I did. Seungri oppa and minah unnie called me about that way before the tabloids were released. I wasnt shock about the news since I was told before hand. I really do wish people will leave them alone for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter