The New Student

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin hurriedly ran towards the direction of his school since he is going to be late. He woke up late with his body feeling all sore. He never thought that beating up bad guys would be that tiring. He was about to cross the street when a pair of arms suddenly grabbed his waist, taking him in surprise.
 
 
“Be careful.” A voice suddenly told him.
 
 
A speeding black car past by him, making his eyes widened in shock. That car could’ve killed him if not because of the pair of arms that grabbed him. He turned around to thank whoever kind-hearted soul that save him from his death.
 
 
Sungmin felt his cheeks flushed when his eyes met a very handsome man wearing a genuine smile in front of him. It’s like he has seen one of those Hollywood actors that he and Heechul had always adore.
 
 
“Are you okay?” The man asked in concern, and Sungmin can only nod in response. “By the way, I’m Choi Siwon.”
 
 
“I… I’m Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin replied and lowered his gaze. But once he did that, he saw Siwon’s arms were still around his waist protectively which made him blush even harder. He shyly touched Siwon’s arms, signaling him to let him go, to which the latter embarrassingly complied.
 
 
“Sorry for that.” Siwon said while scratching his nape in embarrassment.
 
 
“No. I should be the one to apologize and to thank you for saving me.” Sungmin replied, still not looking at Siwon for he doesn’t want the latter to see his blushing cheeks.
 
 
“My pleasure.” Siwon replied and eyed Sungmin intently. “Aren’t you late for school?”
 
 
Upon hearing that, Sungmin’s mind began to panic. He never wanted to be late in going to school. He immediately bowed at Siwon before running away. Siwon can only watch him in amusement.
 
 
“What an interesting and cute guy.” Siwon mumbled to himself.
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
“Class, you are going to have a new classmate today.” Ms. Kim announced to the class, before signaling the new student to enter the classroom. Everyone was in awe upon seeing the new student. Why not? The new student is the only son of the richest man in the country. He is famous and a lot of people admire him for all of his achievements at such a very young age. He is known as the Genius Prince.
 
 
“He’s so handsome.”
 
 
“He really is a prince!”
 
 
“I want to be like him.”
 
 
“I wish to be his girlfriend.”
 
 
Sungmin heard all of his classmates’ praises about this new student, but he is not interested. He ignored all of the talks and whispers around him and just continued staring outside the classroom. He had seen the new student’s face and his first impression is really not good. The new student looks cold and arrogant. He can’t blame him though. The new student is rich and has everything that Sungmin never had. It’s not like he hated rich people. He just doesn’t want to do anything with them.
 
 
Thought of quitting his studies suddenly saddened him. Heechul kept on reminding him that education is the best wealth that he could ever have, that’s why his cousin sacrifice a lot to support him. What would Heechul say if he finds out that he quit? But he needed to do it to save his cousin. Heechul is his only family.
 
 
“Mind if I sit here?”
 
 
A voice suddenly woke Sungmin up from his thoughts. He turned and saw that it was the new student who talked to him. He simply smiled and nodded his head in reply before turning his attention to their teacher.
 
 
Without Sungmin’s knowledge, the new student kept on looking at him. It seemed as if that Sungmin’s face is the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen. He wanted to know his name, talk to him, and know more about him. He smiled as he saw Sungmin’s lips turned into an adorable pout when he tried to solve a difficult problem in Algebra. But his smile immediately faded after remembering the vow he made to himself, and the soon-to-be marriage that he is going to face in a week’s time.
 
 
‘Marrying a stranger just to inherit my family’s business and wealth. What a disgusting tradition!’ He thought before once again looking at Sungmin, thinking that it will be last time that he will be looking like this at the beautiful guy beside him.
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
Sungmin pants after he arrived at their school’s rooftop. Finally, he was able to escape from his erted classmates. Why does he have to suffer like this? 
 
 
‘We were gifted with beautiful faces. We are prettier than girls. But I am prettier than you.’ He remembered Heechul told him once before, making him scoffed. Heechul would always be Heechul. 
 
 
Sungmin walked towards the railing and looked at the sky. “This is so refreshing!” He exclaimed in excitement, but he paused when he heard someone giggling not far away from him. He turned around and was greeted by the new student’s smiling face.
 
 
“You are so adorable.” The new student said with a smile still lingering on his face.
 
 
“I… I’m sorry.” Sungmin stuttered in embarrassment. He is not used to having someone’s company especially with someone as rich like this new student. 
 
 
“E-excuse me.” Sungmin said and was about to walk away, when the new student grabbed his hand.
 
 
“Please stay.”
 
 
There was something in the new student’s voice that made Sungmin wanted to stay and accompany him. It feels like it’s full of longing, sadness, and despair.
 
 
“I’m going to get married soon.” The new student said in an expressionless tone.
 
 
Sungmin tried to calm his self and looked at the man before him, and smiled. “Really? Congratulations!”
 
 
The new student suddenly let his hand go and Sungmin suddenly felt empty from the loss.
 
 
“I am going to marry a stranger, someone that my family had chosen for me in order to inherit the company and all.”
 
 
Sungmin suddenly felt pity for the new student. He never knew that rich people’s lives were like that. He only knew that those things exist in movies. 
 
 
The new student saw the look in Sungmin’s eyes and he can’t help but smile. “If you pity me, you don’t need to do that. I am just obeying orders from them. But I’ll take your congratulatory words.” He said before walking away.
 
 
“Wait!” Sungmin called out and the new student looked at him with cold eyes that suddenly sent chills down Sungmin’s spine. “I know I am not in a position to tell you this, but I’m sure that whoever your family chooses for you will surely be a great person.”
 
 
The new student was taken by surprise and soon smiled after hearing Sungmin’s words. It was the smile that made Sungmin’s heart skip a beat and felt his cheeks flushed. Just what in the world is happening to him?
 
 
“I just wish that it was you.”
 
 
Sungmin was dumbfounded and he can only watch the new student walked away from him. Did he hear it right? Or his mind is just playing tricks on him?
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------
 
(a/n) This fiction is actually inspired by one of my favorite manga, "The Royal Fiance". But I changed a lot of scenes and plots. Siwon would be playing a big role here, in which in the manga, there was no love triangle. If you want, you can read the manga and see for yourselves. Hehe. Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. Thank you also to all of my subscribers and readers~~^^