Behind You

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin broke down and cried as Kyuhyun walked away from him. So, he was only being used. He was hoping that today would be the start of something new for the both of them, but he was wrong. Kyuhyun had always treated him like a toy from the start and played with his emotions. How can he fell in love with someone like him?
 
 
“Sungmin.” Siwon whispered in worry as he wrapped Sungmin’s shaking form in his arms.
(a/n: this would be the continuation of what happened to Sungmin after Kyuhyun left)
 
 
Siwon gently put a blanket around Sungmin as he let the latter cry in his arms. No words were spoken between them. Siwon brought Sungmin to one of their rest house, far away from the mansion and from Kyuhyun after what happened at the restaurant. Kyuhyun had given Sungmin up and he was determined to win Sungmin’s heart this time.
 
 
When Sungmin had finally calmed down, Siwon took his guitar after wiping Sungmin’s tears away. He began to play a gentle melody. Sungmin closed his eyes as he tried to relax from the soothing music that Siwon was currently playing for him. He wanted to get rid of Kyuhyun from his mind. He wanted to forget him, even just for a moment.
 
 
“Stay here for a while.” Siwon said as soon as he was done playing the guitar. Sungmin looked at him in confusion as he laid the guitar on the sofa. “I will just make the both of us something to drink.”
 
 
Siwon smiled at Sungmin before heading towards the kitchen. Sungmin started to look around him when something caught his attention. It was a portrait of someone. He walked towards it and saw a painting of a person reading a book, unaware of what was happening around him. The one on the painting has a long blond-hair and wears an elegant dress. He wanted to look closely and examine the person’s face when he heard Siwon calling his name.
 
 
“There you are.” Siwon said when he saw Sungmin, and the latter turned towards his direction. He gave Sungmin the cup of hot chocolate that he had made. Sungmin smiled at him in gratitude, before walking towards the couch.
 
 
“How are you feeling now?” Siwon asked as he placed his cup on the table in front of them. He saw Sungmin’s face became gloomy, before the latter showed a forced smile towards him.
 
 
“I’m feeling fine now. Thanks to your help, Siwon. I don’t know what could happen to me if you were not by my side.”
 
 
Siwon wanted to rejoice after hearing that from Sungmin, but he knows best that he should not. He knows Sungmin, just like how he had known him in his past life.
 
 
“I am glad to hear that.” Siwon replied and turned to look at Sungmin who was sitting next to him. He slowly moved his head towards Sungmin. He wanted to kiss him and make Sungmin feel how much he loves him, just like in the past.
 
 
Sungmin realized what Siwon was about to do and his mind began to panic. He quickly turned his head away when Siwon’s lips was about to touch his. “Ah, this drink that you had made really taste great.” Sungmin nervously sipped his drink and Siwon can only smile awkwardly before he sat properly next to Sungmin.
 
 
There was a moment of silence between them when Sungmin suddenly remembered the portrait that he had seen. “Siwon, can I ask you something?”
 
 
“Sure.” Siwon replied as he grabbed his cup on the table.
 
 
“Who was the person on the painting that I have seen in the living room?”
 
 
Siwon smiled before he sipped his cup of hot chocolate. “You did not look at it closely?”
 
 
“No.”
 
 
“That’s him.” Siwon replied as he stared at the cup in his hand. 
 
 
Sungmin furrowed his brows in confusion. “Who?”
 
 
“He’s my best friend and my first love.” Siwon replied and Sungmin widened his eyes in surprise. “I used to draw and paint him a lot. He was so beautiful and captivating. I always paint him without his knowledge because I loved seeing how innocent he looks. He is strong and yet so fragile that I wanted to be the one who will always protect him. It was only me who knew him like the back of my palm, until Marcus came.”
 
 
“Who is Marcus?” Sungmin asked in confusion.
 
 
“Marcus is Kyuhyun’s name in his past life. Marcus is also one of my valued friends who came to visit me one day in the kingdom and the two of them met on that day for the first time. I was unaware of the feeling that they both have for each other, until one night, my best friend told me everything about them. I was broken hearted on that day, but I did not show it to him. I acted like it did not affect me at all. I always owe my second life to Marcus, that’s why I could only watch the two of them from afar. I treasured them both, and despite the hurt that I am feeling, I never thought of being betrayed.”
 
 
“Y-you really love him.” Sungmin can only mutter as he looked at Siwon.
 
 
“I really do.” Siwon replied before he looked at Sungmin. There was sadness in his eyes as he smiled at Sungmin. “Thank you, Min. You are maybe unaware, but you had helped me. This time I could finally bid a good farewell to my first love.” 
 
 
“Siwon.” Sungmin can only mutter as he stared at Siwon. 
 
 
“You are a very kind-hearted person. You are strong and yet so fragile. I always wanted to protect you, but I know someone out there was meant to do that for me. I have known Kyuhyun since he was a small kid. He always felt so alone. I also wanted to protect that kid, but he was just so stubborn. He may act like a brat, but he has a very kind heart just like you.” Siwon said before he grabbed both of their empty cups. “Take a rest now because tomorrow would be a new day for you and for us.”
 
 
Siwon put the two cups on the sink before he quickly covered his mouth as tears finally began to make their way out of his eyes, muffling the sound of his uncontrolled sobs. He tried hard to keep it away from Sungmin, just like in the past, he had done it again. He pretended that he was fine; he was strong. But when he was alone, his strong façade would finally break down. He loves him more than anything, but his place could never be beside Sungmin, not even once.
 
 
The next day, Sungmin woke up and could not find Siwon anywhere. He went to the kitchen and saw that a breakfast was already made for him. He sat on the chair and noticed a note next to the plate. He took it and carefully read what was written inside.
 
 
‘Smile.’
 
 
Sungmin unconsciously smiled when he read the first word. 
 
 
‘I always love seeing your warm smile, so please welcome this day with a brand new start and a lovely smile on your face. Thank you for sharing treasured moments with me even for just a short while. I won’t be home and I don’t know if I could ever come back but I promised you that I will always be right behind you, Min. Please smile always from this day on.’
 
 
Sungmin smiled but at the same time felt weird with what Siwon had written in the note. The sound of the doorbell made him jumped in surprise. He hurriedly went towards the door to open it.
 
 
“Good Mo-“
 
 
Sungmin was not able to finish his greeting when he saw a man standing in front of him with a mask on. The man quickly put a handkerchief on Sungmin’s mouth, and before Sungmin could register what was happening, his vision became blurry and soon he saw everything around him turned into darkness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
 
(a/n) OMG!!Thank you thank you so much to all of you who had greeted me on my special day. I love you all so much *hugs*