A Replacement?

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin let go of a deep sigh as he looked at the twinkling night sky in the balcony. He wrapped both of his arms around him as he felt the cold wind blowing. Leeteuk’s words kept on ringing inside his head and it’s making him feel all gloomy inside. He should be happy since he’s going to be free and away from Kyuhyun once he remembers his lover, but he’s feeling the opposite.
 
 
“It’s cold out here.”
 
 
Sungmin turned his head and smiled as he recognized the voice behind him. “Hi, Siwon.” He greeted. 
 
 
“You’re going to catch a cold if you stay here for too long.” Siwon said as he slowly walked towards Sungmin. He removed his jacket and carefully wrapped it around Sungmin’s shivering body. Sungmin was about to protest but he stop when Siwon back hugged him.
 
 
“W-what are you doing?” Sungmin asked and a pinkish tint slowly spread in both of his cheeks.
 
 
“I am sharing you my warmth.” Siwon replied, basking into the feeling of having Sungmin in his arms. “You seem to be in a very deep thought. You know you can always tell me.”
 
 
Sungmin contemplated for a while before he decided to ask Siwon about the thing that’s occupying his mind. After all, it seemed that Siwon knows something. If his guess is not right, he can just make up an excuse. “Siwon, do you know who is Kyuhyun’s lover before?”
 
 
Siwon was taken aback with the sudden question from Sungmin. He was not expecting it from the latter. He doesn’t know what to say and he can only tighten his hold around Sungmin’s waist with fear of losing him again. What if Sungmin remembers everything?
 
 
“S-Siwon?” Sungmin called as he felt Siwon rested his forehead on his right shoulder. He can feel his heart starting to beat faster with what Siwon had done. He felt like he had been in this pair of arms before.
 
 
“Yes.” Siwon whispered as he closed his eyes, while the same scene from the past plays on his mind.
 
 
“Huh?” Sungmin asked in confusion as he heard Siwon’s voice.
 
 
“I know him very well. He is my childhood friend, my best friend, and my first love.”
 
 
“I… I can’t understand.”
 
 
“Leeteuk hyung told you, right?” Siwon asked and he felt Sungmin nod in reply.  “Unlike them, I am not reincarnated. I travelled from the past with the help of Kyuhyun’s grandfather. I did it because I wanted to know how he looks like, if he still remembers his past, and if he still remembers me.”
 
 
Sungmin doesn’t know if he will believe in what Siwon is telling him. It’s just seemed unreal. Siwon, who lives in the past, started to live in the future with hopes in finding his first love, who was basically Kyuhyun’s lover. Leeteuk and Kangin, as well as Kyuhyun, were all reincarnation of some people from the past. Unlike Kyuhyun, Kangin and Leeteuk remember their past lives, but decided to sacrifice their love for each other in order for Kangin to have a child.
 
 
“This is…crazy! It’s unbelievable.” Sungmin said in disbelief. This family is just totally weird.
 
 
“It's up to you to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I won’t force you. I just…” Siwon paused as he inhaled Sungmin’s hair, making the latter stiffened his body. “I just want to stay like this with you for a while.”
 
 
Sungmin did not reply and he silently allowed Siwon to hold him in his embrace. He was so confused that it’s making his head ache from thinking about Leeteuk and Siwon’s stories so much. What is his role here? The way that Siwon and Kyuhyun’s family treats him is making him feel like he is some kind of a temporary replacement for that guy that Siwon was talking about. What else does this family is hiding from him?
 
 
He felt a pang of hurt in his chest as he thought about Kyuhyun. He admires him and he’s starting to fall for him each passing day. That guy must’ve loved Kyuhyun a lot for him to sacrifice his own life. He felt jealous over Kyuhyun’s lover as he got to experienced how it was to be held and loved by Kyuhyun. 
 
 
Sungmin smiled bitterly to himself. What is he thinking? He and Kyuhyun don’t belong to each other. He is only here as a paid fiancé. And when that time comes that the real fiancé arrives, he will be thrown away just like some useless things. He should end this, before his heart will get broken real hard in the end.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Sungmin can’t sleep so he decided to get out of the room and grabbed something to drink at the kitchen. As soon as he opened the door, he saw Kyuhyun standing outside in a deep thought. His heart began to race as soon as their gazes met.
 
 
‘He belongs to someone else.’ Sungmin reminded himself.
 
 
“Can’t sleep?” Kyuhyun asked with an emotionless expression.
 
 
Sungmin lowered his eyes. “I was thinking about a lot of things.”
 
 
“Like?”
 
 
“I…. I have a favor to ask from you.” Sungmin paused as he tried to gather enough courage to say his next lines, while Kyuhyun only looked at him. “Can you break off our engagement?”
 
 
Sungmin saw the sudden change of expression from Kyuhyun’s face. The latter was still silent that he decided to continue to say the things he wanted to tell him. “I should have done this from the start. I don’t want to see you trying to get along with me, even though I know how much you really hate me. I promise I will return the money that you had given me as an advance payment, even if it takes forever to serve your family as an ordinary man, not as your fiancée.” Sungmin paused and smiled at Kyuhyun. He wanted to be strong in front of this man that he loves. He doesn’t want him to suffer anymore.
 
 
“Kyuhyun, I want you to marry the one that you truly love.” Kyuhyun was still not saying anything that Sungmin decided to leave him behind. 
 
 
Kyuhyun gritted his teeth when he saw that Sungmin was starting to walk away from him and he quickly grabbed Sungmin’s wrist. He entered the room while dragging Sungmin before he pushed him towards the bed, making the latter fall with a loud thud. Sungmin’s eyes were full of fear as Kyuhyun hovered above him with his angry look.
 
 
“Why?! Why are you always making me confuse and mad?! You have no right to tell me what to do. Do you understand?” Kyuhyun said in anger and Sungmin can only looked at him in fear.
 
 
Soon, a smirk formed at the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips as he slowly lowered his face. Sungmin can feel Kyuhyun’s warm breath against his lips as their faces were only mere inches apart. Without a warning, Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s nape and connected their lips in a rough kiss. Sungmin’s heart was beating wildly as he felt how Kyuhyun started biting his lower lip, making him gasp in surprise. Kyuhyun soon explore his hot cavern and his tongue was soon by the latter. He can’t help but moan from the sudden pleasure he was feeling. 
 
 
“You are not going anywhere.” Kyuhyun whispered against Sungmin’s lips before claiming it again. He lifted Sungmin’s shirt and began to caress the smooth skin beneath his touch. Moans from Sungmin were slowly turning him on.
 
 
Their lips soon parted and Kyuhyun the drool from the corner of Sungmin’s lips. “I can do anything to you, see?” Kyuhyun whispered as he grabbed Sungmin’s crotch, making the latter gasped in surprise. “Don’t you dare forget that you are going to be my husband.” 
 
 
With that, Kyuhyun let Sungmin go and walked out of the room. Sungmin’s tears began to fall as he felt himself being humiliated by the man he loves. 
 
 
“Why? Why does it have to be this way?” He asked himself between sobs.