The Rival

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin still cannot believe that he’s the fiancé of the only heir and son of the richest man in the country. He is sure that there is a mistake. He only came to the mansion to be a butler, not become a fiancée of someone he had barely known. 
 
 
He had given up his studies and did not even say a single word about his new work to Heechul, because he knows that his cousin will never approved it. He sighed for the nth time as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. It was his first time wearing an expensive suit and his hair was styled in a very attractive way.
 
 
Leeteuk had told him that he will be meeting Kyuhyun’s family today and he somehow felt nervous. He doesn’t know whether it is because of being around rich people and strangers, or is it simply because of Kyuhyun. He doesn’t want to be near him nor see his face. 
 
 
Sungmin can still recall the first time they met, and Kyuhyun had those longing look in his eyes when he was staring at him. Honestly, Sungmin had wanted to see those looks again, and his heart stings when he was met by a cold and piercing glance today by Kyuhyun. If he only knew that this is what his work is going to be, he sure will not accept the old man’s offer. It would be better if he did not see Kyuhyun again.
 
 
“How’s everything?” 
 
 
Sungmin jumped in surprise and immediately turned towards the door to see Siwon smiling at him. Siwon waved his hand and slowly approached him.
 
 
“Why are you always appearing all of a sudden?” Sungmin asked as he touched his fast beating heart. It always surprises him whenever Siwon would pop out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of him.
 
 
“Sorry. I just wanted to see you and give you strength.” Siwon replied sheepishly before examining Sungmin’s looks. “Wow! You look amazing.”
 
 
Sungmin can’t help but blushed with the compliment. “T-thank you.”
 
 
“You don’t have to be shy around me. Treat me as one of your friends.” Siwon said with his warm smile and offered his right hand to Sungmin, to which the latter only looked at him in confusion. “Can we be friends, Sungmin? I always wanted to have a friend, and meeting you is one of the special things that ever happened to me.” 
 
 
Sungmin, for the first time in his life, smiled beautifully from his heart as he took Siwon’s hand into his own. He felt extreme happiness and safe around Siwon. “I would love to be your friend, Siwon. It’s my first time having a friend, besides my cousin.”
 
 
“That’s wonderful! So, from now on, I will be your best friend and I will always be at your side.” Siwon said happily, making Sungmin giggle. Siwon stared at Sungmin and admired everything about him. His expression suddenly changed and his eyes were full of longing and sadness that Sungmin failed to notice. He looked at their hands and he smiled. “I am so glad to meet you again after a long time of searching for you.”
 
 
Sungmin furrowed his brows in confusion, thinking that he heard Siwon mumbling something. “What did you say, Siwon?”
 
 
Siwon looked at him with that warm smile again. “I was saying that I am so glad to have a friend like you, Min.”
 
 
“Min?”
 
 
“That’s what I will call you from now on. What do you think?”
 
 
“It’s fine.” Sungmin replied happily and suddenly remembered that they are still holding hands. He blushed all of a sudden for a fact that Siwon’s hand felt so warm and familiar. “Ahm… Can I take my hand back?”
 
 
“Ah! Sure!” Siwon exclaimed in embarrassment as he let Sungmin’s hand go. 
 
 
There was a moment of silence before it was broken by a knock from Leeteuk, who eyed Siwon suspiciously. “The dinner is ready, Masters. They are all waiting for the both of you.”
 
 
Sungmin felt the nervousness surround him again. He will be meeting Kyuhyun’s family, and he will be seeing his ‘fiancée’ again. He suddenly felt Siwon pat his shoulder and saw him smiling at him.
 
 
“Don’t worry, Min. I will be there with you.” Sungmin smiled back before going out of his room, followed by Siwon and Leeteuk.
 
 
Leeteuk grabbed Siwon’s arm, making the latter paused on his tracks. “You know he is going to be your cousin’s fiancée. Stop doing this, Siwon. They both are destined to be together, even though how many years had passed.”
 
 
Siwon lowered his gaze and smiled sadly. “I know, hyung. But being around him again makes me happy, even when I know it will only hurt me in the end. I will not lose to Kyuhyun again. I will make sure that Sungmin is going to be mine this time.” Siwon pulled his arm from Leeteuk’s grasped and followed Sungmin, leaving the latter dumbfounded.
 
 
“Siwon.” Leeteuk can only utter to himself as he watched Siwon happily talking to Sungmin on their way to the dining hall. He can’t help but took pity with Siwon. He had witnessed everything and he had been there at Siwon’s side, witnessing the younger’s heartbreak.
 
 
What secrets and past does Siwon and Leeteuk were keeping?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----
 
(a/n) short update...
 
Thanks a lot to all of my wonderful subscribers, readers, and to all of your comments~~^^
love you guys~~!!