Threshold

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin stirred from his sleep before slowly opening his eyes. His brows furrowed in confusion when he was met by a mixed bouquet of white and red roses beside him. He slowly gets up as he grabbed the bouquet and smells the flowers. The pain in his lower body had slowly lessened, making him sigh in relief.
 
 
He looked at the roses and pout when he saw that there was no card attached to it to let him know who gave it to him. 
 
 
“Maybe this is from Siwon?” He asked himself. Maybe it really is from Siwon. He never left his side yesterday until he fell asleep. He felt so thankful to have Siwon around, especially after what Kyuhyun had done.
 
 
Thinking of what Kyuhyun had done brought different shades of pink to his cheeks. The places where Kyuhyun had touched are suddenly reacting to that memory. Kyuhyun’s touch still lingers on his skin. Sungmin immediately shook his head. He should be feeling angry towards him. Kyuhyun took his body against his will. He clenched his fist as he tried to erase it from his mind.
 
 
“Say that you love me.”
 
 
That deep voice kept on echoing inside his head and Sungmin shook his head furiously. Why is he feeling this way?
 
 
“I should just take a bath.” Sungmin mumbled to himself before heading towards the bathroom. He removed his pajamas and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He saw a lot of red marks on his chest and three more on his neck. 
 
 
“You are mine.”
 
 
Sungmin ran his fingers against those marks. “Why do you hate me so much?” 
 
 
Tears slowly made their way out from the corner of Sungmin’s eyes while his heart kept on beating wildly against his chest. “How can you say something like that when you hate me so much?”
 
 
Sungmin clenched his fists and quickly wiped his tears away. He will not act like a weakling again. He will not allow Kyuhyun to hurt him again, because this time he will begin to open his heart for Siwon; the guy who never left his side from the start. He will help Siwon to move on from his first love, while he will do his best to forget about Kyuhyun. Yeah, that’s what he should do.
 
 
After half an hour, Sungmin was done showering. He let out a deep sigh before opening the bathroom door. Today, he agreed to go outside with Siwon and its making him feel excited to go out after a long time.
 
 
“Finally, you’re done.”
 
 
Sungmin’s eyes widened when he saw Kyuhyun sitting at the edge of the bed with his legs crossed. “W-what are you doing here?” His heart began to thump wildly against his chest. Why is he feeling this way again?
 
 
Kyuhyun looked at him from head to toe and Sungmin felt his cheeks were burning when he realized that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist. He put his arms around his bare chest and lowered his gaze.
 
 
“The marks are still there.” Kyuhyun said and stood up before walking towards Sungmin, to the latter’s horror. Sungmin began to step backwards, as Kyuhyun slowly walked towards him. His eyes widened when his back hit the wall. Kyuhyun smirked and lifted Sungmin’s chin, making their eyes met. Sungmin gulped as he noticed that their faces were mere inches apart. Is he going to harass him again?
 
 
Sungmin jolted in surprise when he felt Kyuhyun rubbed his . “W-what are you doing?” He’s going to be again! Sungmin thought.
 
 
“Does it still hurt?” 
 
 
“Eh?”
 
 
Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun in confusion and saw the latter’s expression were full of worry and guilt. Wait! What happened to the cold and arrogant Kyuhyun?
 
 
“Forgive me.” There was gentleness in Kyuhyun’s voice that made Sungmin’s tense body relaxed. Sungmin can only stare at Kyuhyun. He was not expecting this to happen. His heart leapt when Kyuhyun kissed his forehead.
 
 
“Hurry up and get dressed.” Kyuhyun said as he turned his back towards Sungmin. “We’re going somewhere.”
 
 
“Eh? W-what?” Sungmin exclaimed in confusion. 
 
 
“I’ll wait for you outside.”
 
 
Sungmin was speechless, when he remembered that he had agreed to go out with Siwon today. “Wait!” Sungmin called Kyuhyun, but the latter ignored him and closed the door.
 
 
“How… How about Siwon?” He whispered to himself and he shook his head before clenching his fist. “No. I will not let you boss me around. I am going with Siwon, and not you.” 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“L-let me go!”
 
 
Sungmin tried to struggle from Kyuhyun’s tight grip on his right wrist as he was being dragged towards the latter’s car. Kyuhyun only ignored him and continued walking in a fast pace.
 
 
“I said let me go! I am not going with you!”
 
 
But his words fell on the deaf ears of Kyuhyun. He was determined not to go out with this man and he even called Siwon a while ago to confirm if their plan will still push through, when all of a sudden, Kyuhyun burst inside his room and dragged him outside. He kept on struggling, but no, Kyuhyun only ignore him.
 
 
After opening the car’s door, Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin towards the passenger’s seat. “Ouch! Can you be a little careful here?”
 
 
Kyuhyun suddenly chuckle which caught Sungmin’s attention. He stared at Kyuhyun and watched in amusement. Ever since the day he arrived in this mansion, he had never get to see Kyuhyun’s smile again, and now seeing him laughing in front of him is a total surprise for Sungmin.
 
 
“W-what’s funny?”
 
 
Kyuhyun stopped laughing before looking at Sungmin. “I never thought that I’d be seeing this side of you.”
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
“You are so cute while whining.”
 
 
“I don’t see anything funny there.” Sungmin replied angrily as he turned his head away from Kyuhyun. He tried to stop himself from smiling. He can’t help but feel something inside him tickles after hearing those from Kyuhyun.
 
 
“I’m sorry.”
 
 
Sungmin quickly turned his head back towards Kyuhyun when he heard the sudden change in Kyuhyun’s voice. 
 
 
“W-where are we going anyway?” Sungmin asked trying to lighten up the atmosphere around them.
 
 
Kyuhyun turned into him with a glint of mischievousness in his eyes. “To Jeju Island for our advance honeymoon.” Kyuhyun replied before starting the car’s engine. Sungmin widened his eyes in horror, and before he could escape, the car had already sped up. 
 
 
“No! I don’t want to be with you in that place. I will kill myself!” Sungmin yelled and threatened.
 
 
“Go on. I won’t stop you.” Kyuhyun replied calmly while his gaze was on the road.
 
 
Sungmin can only sob in frustration. ‘This is the end of me. Siwon!’
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“Are you not regretting in letting him go with Kyuhyun?” 
 
 
Siwon only chuckled as he saw the car disappearing from their sight before turning his head towards the guy standing beside him. “I know I will regret it, Kibum. But we’ll just wait and see.”
 
 
“You kept on puzzling me sometimes. But whatever you are planning, I’m sure it will always be for the best.” Kibum replied.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------
 
(a/n) It's 5 AM here and I don't know what I am writing. I know some of you are wondering what is Siwon's plan, but you'll find out soon. hehe. That's why I love Siwon's character here :)