The Dream

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sounds of horses’ hoofs and neighs woken Kyuhyun up from his sleep. He looked around him in confusion and found that he had been sleeping under a beautiful vine tree. He knew what this tree can do. His grandfather told him once that if a couple vows their love under this tree; they will be together till eternity. Kyuhyun thought that it’s just absurd. But what is he doing here anyway?
 
 
Kyuhyun looked ahead of him and saw a long blond-haired guy standing behind two men who were both holding swords. He knitted his brows as he observed that the men were wearing hanbok. He stood up and slowly approached the three men. He wanted to ask them what they are doing and where the hell is he. As soon as he was standing beside the blond-haired guy, his heart suddenly began to beat erratically. He tried to talk and called the man’s attention, but he can’t utter any words. He walked closely so he can see what the man’s face looks like, but as soon as he did that, the blond-haired guy ran away and all he can do was looked at his back.
 
 
Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in shock when saw what the blond-haired guy had done. He shielded one of the two men’s body from an arrow, making it hit his heart straight on. Kyuhyun felt like his world collapsed after seeing the blond-haired guy bathing in his own blood. The man that the blond-haired guy saved immediately wrapped his savior’s body in his arms while tears were flowing uncontrollably from his eyes. The other guy, who had witnessed everything, can only stood in shock and his sword fell from his tight grip.
 
 
Kyuhyun’s heart hurts and he doesn’t know why. He suddenly felt something wet running down his cheeks and slowly lifted his right hand to touch them.
 
 
Tears.
 
 
Why is he crying? Why does it seem like he was the one holding the lifeless body of the blond-haired guy? Why his heart does hurt so much? Who is he? Who are they?
 
 
Kyuhyun felt his knees wobble and he fell down and everything around him turned pitch black. He looked down, and to his surprise the blond-haired guy was lying in his lap. He seemed to be sleeping peacefully while blood was still dripping from his chest. Kyuhyun observed the guy’s face and he felt his world shook when he knew who it was.
 
 
“S-Sungmin?!”
 
 
This can’t be happening. He shook his body, but Sungmin was not reacting. He called his name numerously. Someone has been playing tricks on him. Kyuhyun laughed while tears were still flowing down his eyes. 
 
 
“Wake up you cheap bastard! I am not yet done with you.”
 
 
He didn’t mean any of those words. He only said them to see if what Sungmin will do. But nothing happened. Sungmin was still lying lifelessly on his lap. He touch Sungmin’s chest to stop the bleeding. He called his name again and again.
 
 
“It’s too late.” He heard Siwon’s voice behind him.
 
 
Kyuhyun turned his head to glare at his cousin. But what he had seen is not the usual Siwon he had known. He was the guy who only stood in shock awhile ago when Sungmin saved whoever that bastard was. Kyuhyun hated the guy that Sungmin saved. He is a coward. How come he was nowhere to be seen? Where is he anyway?
 
 
“What are you doing here, Siwon? Who are those people that killed my fiancée?”
 
 
But Siwon seemed not to hear him as the latter kneeled in front of him and touched Sungmin’s face carefully. Kyuhyun can only watch as Siwon grabbed Sungmin’s lifeless hand and kissed it. There was something in Siwon’s eyes that Kyuhyun noticed. It was full of love and sadness.
 
 
“Goodbye, my beautiful prince.”
 
 
Kyuhyun heard his cousin whisper and he was in deep confusion. Who is Siwon calling as prince? 
 
 
“Kyuhyun! Master Kyuhyun!”
 
 
Kyuhyun opened his eyes and saw Leeteuk looking at him worriedly. He abruptly stood up from the couch and looked around him. He was inside the mansion. It was all a dream? He can’t help but wonder. But it seemed so real.
 
 
“Are you okay? I saw you sleeping here on the couch and you seemed to be in pain so I woke you up.” Leeteuk said.
 
 
Kyuhyun can still feel his heart aching. “I am fine. I’m just having a nightmare.” He replied trying to sound casual. “I’m going back to my room.”
 
 
“Wait!” Leeteuk called him. Kyuhyun paused and waited for Leeteuk to continue whatever he wanted to say to him. “I know I am not in the position to say this, but please don’t be too harsh on him.”
 
 
Kyuhyun did not reply and continue heading towards his room, where Sungmin is currently staying. Truthfully, he doesn’t know how to face Sungmin after what he had done. He almost him. And the dream he had earlier is also not helping. It was just a dream and he should not let himself be affected by it. Sungmin is here because of his money, he was sure of that. The Sungmin he had met at school was a fake one. He somehow regretted telling him that he wished Sungmin was his fiancée. 
 
 
But there was a part of him that says he wanted Sungmin. He wanted him so much and he hated it whenever his Uncle or his cousin is trying to flirt with his fiancée. He felt like Sungmin and he belongs together, that his dream was somehow real. He felt scared with a thought of losing him. 
 
 
Kyuhyun shook his head vigorously. Why would he even think about Sungmin in a special way? He should hate him. He opened the door to his room, and to his dismay, Sungmin was nowhere to be seen. Did he run away? No. He won’t do that. Kyuhyun hurriedly went out of his room to look for Sungmin.
 
 
 
~*~*~
 
 
 
Sungmin went towards the mansion’s garden and sat on one of the benches there. He looked up and saw countless of stars in the sky. He closed his eyes as he can still feel Kyuhyun’s hands on his skin. 
 
 
“Why does it have to be me?” Sungmin whispered as tears fell down his closed eyes. He hated Kyuhyun for calling him cheap, for saying hurtful words to him, for treating him like a worthless person. He should not be really here. If only he could escape. But where will he find the large sum of money that he received and used for his cousin’s surgery?
 
 
But somehow, Sungmin can’t help but wonder why Kyuhyun all of a sudden looked at him with those longing eyes. It made him curious to find out more about the arrogant and cold guy. He opened his eyes and wiped his tears away with the back of his hands. He will be living with Kyuhyun from now on so he needed to endure him a lot. This is the price that he needed to pay for that large sum of money he received. 
 
 
Suddenly, Sungmin heard the rustling of leaves near him and he almost screamed when Siwon appear all of a sudden. 
 
 
“Hi. I’m so glad to find you here. Sorry for startling you.” Siwon said in a happy tone.
 
 
“W-what are you doing here?” Sungmin asked while his heart was still beating fast.
 
 
Siwon smiled at him and patted his shoulder. “I was so worried about you. I saw you crying so I came here. Did Kyuhyun hurt you?”
 
 
Sungmin lowered his gaze in embarrassment. “N-no. I…”
 
 
Siwon put his index finger at Sungmin’s lips to stop the latter from talking more. “My cousin is such a hard-headed guy. How about I’ll sing something to you to make you smile?” Siwon said as he reached behind him and took out a guitar. Sungmin’s eyes suddenly sparkled. He had been dreaming to have a guitar someday, but his salary is not enough to make him buy one. Siwon saw his expression and he handed the guitar to Sungmin, making the latter looked at him in confusion. “How about you play something for me?”
 
 
“B-but I don’t know how to play.” Sungmin replied.
 
 
“No problem. I’ll teach you.” Siwon offered and began to strum something on the guitar. “I’ll teach you some basic chords. How about that?”
 
 
Sungmin nodded his head in excitement and sat beside Siwon. He began to familiarize the chords that Siwon was teaching him. Siwon then made him play the chords he was teaching him and even touched Sungmin’s fingers to guide him. There was a smile in both of their faces. For Sungmin, it was due to excitement in being able to play a guitar that he had been longing for. While for Siwon, it was something else. He was happy to be this close with the one he had adore so much. Being this close with Sungmin is something that he had been dreaming of for so long. 
 
 
Sungmin paused when he saw the sudden change in Siwon’s expression. It was full of sadness and longing.
 
 
“I wanted to tell you all of the things that I know. But I can’t. Because if I do, I don’t know if you will still treat me and talk to me like this.” Siwon said before enveloping Sungmin in his arms, taking the latter in surprise.
 
 
“S-Siwon, what are you d-doing?”
 
 
“I miss you so much. God! I really miss you. You don’t know how long I have been waiting for this day to come.”
 
 
“What do you mean?” Sungmin asked in confusion.
 
 
Suddenly, Kyuhyun appeared and grab Siwon’s arm and pushing him away from Sungmin. His eyes were burning in rage and his fists were tightly clenched in anger. “What are you doing?”
 
 
Siwon smirked at Kyuhyun. “Why do you even care? You hate him, right?”
 
 
Sungmin flinched after hearing that from Siwon. It hurts but that was the truth.
 
 
“How many times do I need to remind you that Sungmin is my fiancée? Leave now or I’ll make sure your face would suffer my wrath.” Kyuhyun said through gritted teeth.
 
 
“Really? I think I should be the one to say those words to you after making him cry. You don’t deserve someone like Sungmin.” Siwon replied in anger.
 
 
“Then who deserve someone as cheap like him? You-“ Before Kyuhyun could continue, a fist landed on his right cheek, surprising him and Sungmin. He tasted blood from the corner of his lips and he glared at Siwon.
 
 
“Never ever say that word again to Sungmin or you will regret everything. You have no right to hurt the one who once saved your life.” Siwon said and grabbed his guitar and Sungmin’s wrist before leaving Kyuhyun behind.
 
 
“Bastard.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself as he wipes the blood away from the corner of his lips. When all of a sudden, he remembered the dream he had about a certain long blond-haired guy. 
 
 
‘You have no right to hurt the one who once saved your life.’ Siwon’s words suddenly echoed in his mind.
 
 
“What does he mean?” Kyuhyun asked himself in confusion.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----
 
(a/n) I now had given you an idea about their past...hehe
 
Thanks a lot for all of your wonderful comments..I love all of you my lovely readers and subscribers~~^^