Soul Mates (End)

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Note: Andrew, Vincent, and Marcus are Siwon, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun's english names respectively (for those who doesn't know). hehe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
‘W-where am I?’
 
Sungmin looked all around him, but all he could see was darkness. “Where am I?” He muttered to himself again and tried to move his hands that were being tied together. Was he kidnapped? The realization suddenly made him scared. Who was that tall man that brought him here? He doesn’t remember having any enemies before. Is this his end?
 
“Found you!”
 
Sungmin turned his head and he squint his eyes as the sudden light welcomes his eyes. He saw a man standing at the door and immediately walked towards him. The man hurriedly untied the ropes on his hands without saying any words.
 
“W-who are you?” Sungmin asked in a shaky voice.
 
The man lifted his head and smiled at Sungmin calmly. “I’m Kim Kibum. I believe you haven’t seen me before. I came here to get you out of this place.”
 
“B-but how-“
 
“We don’t have much time left.” Kibum interrupted Sungmin before grabbing the latter’s hand. “Come on. He’s waiting for you.”
 
“Who?” Sungmin asked hesitantly and Kibum only smiled at him in reply. He doesn’t know why, but something’s telling him that he could trust Kibum, despite the latter’s quiet and mysterious nature. If Kibum can’t be trusted, he knows Siwon would come to save him, or maybe Kyuhyun will; remembering the latter suddenly brought pain in Sungmin’s heart. Why would Kyuhyun even waste his time saving someone who is useless like him?
 
After getting out of the dark and abandoned building, Sungmin saw a familiar face standing outside of the parked car. Upon seeing him, the familiar figure smiled and ran excitedly towards Sungmin. Kibum let Sungmin’s hand go with a satisfied smile on his face.
 
“Good job, Kibum oppa!” Seohyun exclaimed happily and immediately hugged Sungmin, taking the latter in surprise. “I’m so glad to see you again! You still remember me, right?”
 
Is this the one who’s been waiting for them? But Kibum said ‘he’, not ‘she’. Or maybe he’s just mistaken. Why would he even think that it was Kyuhyun who’s been waiting for him? He’s just expecting something very impossible to happen. Why is he even feeling disappointed?
 
“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked in worry when she did not hear any response from Sungmin.
 
“I… I am. I’m okay. Thanks a lot for saving me, Seohyun-ssi and Kibum-ssi.” Sungmin replied.
 
Seohyun pouted her lips in confusion. “Save you? When did-“
 
“We don’t have much time left.” Kibum interrupted immediately before heading towards the car. Seohyun quickly followed him, while Sungmin can only walked behind the two in silence.
 
“What was that?” Seohyun whispered. “I thought we are just going to fetch him here since Siwon, I mean, my past Grandpa not the present one, or whatever, said that Sungmin sleepwalk towards this old castle.”
 
“You believe him?” Kibum asked and smirked when he saw Seohyun’s eyes widened in realization.
 
“He’s really sneaky!”
 
“That’s him, and I’m going to miss that.” Kibum said and his smile faded before he looked at the sky.
 
“Huh?” Seohyun looked at him in confusion.
 
Kibum did not say anything and he opened the car’s door and gestured for both Sungmin and Seohyun to enter. He closed the door before looking at the sky again. “Goodbye.” Kibum whispered to himself.
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
“Sungmin!” 
 
Kyuhyun shouted as he harshly opened the restaurant’s door and was welcomed by silence. He called Sungmin’s name repeatedly as he began to search for him everywhere inside the restaurant. Where could Sungmin be? Did Siwon trick him?
 
“It’s been a long time since I haven’t seen you.”
 
Kyuhyun turned around and was welcomed by his grandfather’s gentle and calm smile. He hasn’t seen the old man for ten years but he can still recognize him because of his smile and his height. Andrew Choi, the name that everyone respects and the man that everyone admires. Though the old man is in his sixties, he still looks attractive and gorgeous, making other people think that he is still young. Never did he once saw his grandfather got mad at him, or to anyone. He will work calmly even under great pressure and will never fail to greet his staffs with warm and gentle smile. Kyuhyun doesn’t know anything much about his grandfather, even the reason why he is not using his real surname, which is Cho.
 
“I believe you got a lot of questions running inside your head right now, and I’m willing to answer them all for you.” His grandfather said before sitting in one of the empty tables, gesturing Kyuhyun to join him.
 
“Where’s Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat in front of his grandfather.
 
Andrew smiled softly at his grandson. “He’s on his way here, so you don’t have to worry about anything. I can assure you that he’s in safe hands right now.” Kyuhyun can’t help but sigh in relief, making Andrew looked at him. “You were deeply worried, I guess. I’m sorry for creating so much trouble.” 
 
Kyuhyun looked at his grandfather in confusion. “What do you mean?”
 
“I think Seohyun had opened up your mind about whom you really are and who was Sungmin in your life.” Andrew replied and looked at Kyuhyun. “I believe you can remember your past life and the people who you were closed to in your past life before.”
 
“I know you also remember Siwon, the one who loves his best friend secretly who then became your fiancée, the beautiful Prince Vincent Lee.” Kyuhyun only nod his head in reply.
 
“When Prince Vincent died, you were devastated as well as Siwon. He loves him unconditionally that he spends his day painting him and writing stories about the prince. One day he met a starving lady on the street and he offered the lady a shelter and food without expecting anything in return. The lady had seen how miserable Siwon had been living and how lonely he was. Because of his kind heart, the lady offered to help him, to which Siwon politely turned down. But when he found out the lady’s true self, he can’t help but accept it. The lady was actually a fortune teller and a witch.”
 
“Eh?” Kyuhyun exclaimed in surprise. He can picture what the lady looks like in his head and random thoughts entered on his mind.
 
“No. No.” Andrew chuckled. “Not the one that you had seen as a scary, dirty, and old woman. She’s actually a very beautiful one. She has a heart of gold and she always smiles. She told Siwon that she can help him meet the Prince again in the future, but they can never be together. Vincent and Marcus were soul mates, and since they were not able to be together because of war in their past life, they will be reincarnated and they will fulfill their promise that they made in their past life to be together till eternity. Siwon knew from the start that he can never be with Vincent, yet he accepted that lady’s help without second thoughts. Because seeing Vincent again, who is Sungmin now, makes him happy.”
 
“H-how did you know all of these?” Kyuhyun asked.
 
Andrew smiled again. “I met Siwon and that lady when I was young. They just appeared in my room out of nowhere and I almost called the police to arrest them. But when they explained to me everything, I can’t help but believed in them. I was able to learn a lot of secrets from Siwon as well as from that lady.”
 
“What were those secrets?”
 
“Like I could actually paint and play different kinds of musical instruments. I also know how to fight using the sword. And the most surprising thing of all is that I am Siwon’s reincarnation.”
 
“What?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. 
 
“At first I did not believe that I and Siwon are one. But when I looked at myself in the mirror one day and Siwon suddenly stood behind me, I saw how much we resemble each other. And from then on, I began to remember bits and pieces of memories from my past life. It’s like Siwon is playing those memories inside my head over and over again.”
 
Thinking about his grandfather’s words, Kyuhyun suddenly remembered Siwon’s gentle and calm smile. Yes, he had never seen his grandfather get mad at him, but Siwon had punched him after hurting Sungmin. He had seen how Siwon became mad. 
 
Kyuhyun looked at Andrew and he hesitantly asked, “Do you feel the same way towards Sungmin just like Siwon does? I mean, you are his reincarnation after all.”
 
Andrew suddenly laughed after hearing Kyuhyun’s question, making the latter looked at him in confusion. When Andrew had finally calmed down, he looked at Kyuhyun. “Do you think Sungmin will accept an old man like me? I admit that during the time that those memories of Vincent keep on playing on my mind, I was fascinated by him, but I was more drawn and in love with your grandmother that time when I first laid my eyes on her. She was really y, and-”
 
“Oh please. I don’t want to hear any more details about you and Grandma.” Kyuhyun said pretending to sound disgusted, but in reality, he was happy to know that his grandfather did not harbor the same feelings towards Sungmin just like Siwon does.
 
“I was thankful for Siwon for bringing me together with that beautiful witch.”
 
“Y-you mean-“
 
“Exactly. Tiffany, your grandmother, is the one who helped Siwon in coming here. I owe Siwon so I promised myself to help him the best way that I can. I always wanted to see him happy, so I began to search for Vincent with the help of Tiffany. When I found him, he was still a small child just like you. Leeteuk, Kangin, and the rest knew about it, except you. I made Siwon live in the mansion and pretend as one of your cousins. We knew from the start who you are, well, thanks again to my wife, and that’s how everything started.”
 
Kyuhyun sighed loudly and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. “You are really sneaky.”
 
“I’m glad.” Andrew replied in a calm voice. “I wanted Siwon to move on and be happy, and I guess he finally did. I really admire him.” Andrew stood up and turned around from Kyuhyun. “Cho is my surname, but I will always use Choi as a sign of my respect for Siwon. It is also my great grandfathers’ surname, just in case you wanted to ask. And about the fiancé thing, I only made up that tradition for you to meet Sungmin again. Kangin and Yoona don’t actually love each other as couples from the beginning. They are both fated to be just like Siwon and Sungmin. But because they both got drunk, Yoona got pregnant and Kangin had no other choice but to marry her. So, don’t blame anyone with what happened to your parents. They both belonged to their true soul mates, and you are too. No one abandoned you, and don’t make Sungmin feel hated and alone ever again, or I will really pray for your grandmother’s soul to haunt you and let Siwon and Sungmin be together.”
 
Andrew smiled at his own threat. He knew it will never happen but he’s sure that it would be enough for Kyuhyun to treat Sungmin well. After all, he is here to protect Sungmin too in behalf of Siwon. Siwon had moved on, and he should too. Vincent and Siwon were destined to be friends, as well as him and Sungmin. There is really nothing he can do about it. It’s funny how destiny brought the three of them together, only to become Marcus’ grandfather and act as a matchmaker for Sungmin and Kyuhyun. He had to lie so Kyuhyun would not need to worry, but he does love Vincent. He was thankful to have Tiffany on his side who loved him unconditionally; and moving on after a long time is all he can do for her. He knows it’s too late and he can never bring her back, but he promised to start living a new chapter of his life and will try to forget about Vincent and throw away the painting and stories he had written about his unrequited love for the beautiful prince. He had helped Siwon to move on, as well as himself.
 
“I will never hurt Sungmin again. I promise you, Grandpa.” Kyuhyun shouted when Andrew started on walking away from him. “Thank you, Siwon hyung.”
 
Andrew paused and smiled to himself. He saw a car approaching and without turning towards Kyuhyun, he waved his right hand and continue walking towards the door.
 
As soon as Andrew was gone, the car that Kibum was driving arrived and Seohyun pushed Sungmin out of the car. “Hurry now. Your fiancée is waiting for you inside.”
 
Sungmin lowered his gaze. “B-but Kyuhyun and I-“
 
Seohyun got out of the car and grabbed Sungmin’s hand before dragging the latter inside the restaurant. “No more buts.”
 
Kyuhyun heard the door of the restaurant being opened and saw his cousin walking inside with Sungmin. His heart leaped when he saw the latter. Seohyun smirked when she saw her cousin’s reaction before letting Sungmin’s hand go. “I guess I have to leave now and have a date with Kibum oppa.” With that, Seohyun hurriedly left the place.
 
Sungmin remained silent and he kept his gaze on the ground. “I… I’m sorry. I know you don’t want to see me again, so-“ Sungmin paused and was taken aback when he felt Kyuhyun suddenly wrapped him in a tight hug.
 
“Sungmin, I am glad that you are really safe.” Kyuhyun let Sungmin go from the hug and he gently cupped the latter’s cheek. “Are you hurt? Nothing bad happened to you right? I am really sorry.” Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin again, afraid that the latter would walk away from him after everything he had done. “My heart hurts and it feels like it was broken into pieces when I said those hurtful words to you.”
 
Sungmin doesn’t know how to react. He was totally surprised with the sudden change in Kyuhyun’s behavior. He can feel how sincere Kyuhyun is and how worried he was for him. A smile slowly formed on his lips as he realized how much Kyuhyun had worried about him. He lifted both of his arms and hugged Kyuhyun back.
 
“I’m sorry. I did not mean to make you worry about me like this.”
 
“Please don’t leave me ever again.” Kyuhyun said desperately.
 
“I will never leave you.” Sungmin replied before Kyuhyun looked at him. Having Kyuhyun looked at him like this, having him worried about him like this is enough to make Sungmin feel that somehow he means something to Kyuhyun, not just like a mere toy that he can play with. He wanted to make Kyuhyun happy. He smiled at Kyuhyun before saying the things that he wanted to tell the latter. “Kyuhyun, I have decided that until you can find someone you will love and until you can find your true happiness, I will always stay by your side and never leave you.”
 
Kyuhyun widened his eyes in surprise. He felt his heart ache as he saw the gentle smile that Sungmin is giving him. He suffered a lot when the prince’s life was taken away right before his eyes in his past life, and now he felt like Sungmin will be bidding him a farewell any time soon if he did not make the right move. 
 
“I have made the biggest mistake of my life when I pushed you away from me. I cannot forgive myself for hurting you, so I thought that sending you away would be enough to lessen the burden, guilt, and pain that I was feeling. But I was wrong. I don’t want to be far away from you anymore. I had lost you before, and now, I don’t want that to happen again. I will never let you go ever again, not in this lifetime, not anymore.” Kyuhyun said as he gently caressed Sungmin’s cheek. “You are someone that I can never afford to lose, Sungmin.”
 
Kyuhyun knelt down in front of Sungmin and gently kissed the latter’s hands before looking at Sungmin. “Let’s make a vow that from today onwards, no matter what happens, I will continue to love you till eternity, Sungmin.”
 
“K-Kyuhyun.” Sungmin can only mutter as sudden wave of emotions flow through him. He felt like this is all just a dream. The cold and arrogant young man that he had met before who always throws hurtful words towards him is now kneeling in front of him with those gentle and sincere eyes.
 
“Can I stay by your side starting today until eternity? Will you marry me, Lee Sungmin, my beautiful prince?” Kyuhyun asked lovingly.
 
Tears suddenly fell down from Sungmin’s eyes, tears of both relief and happiness. “Kyuhyun, I love you.” He finally said it. “I will marry you and will be with you until forever.”
 
Kyuhyun smiled as he stood up and he gently wiped Sungmin’s tears away. He kissed Sungmin’s eyelids lovingly, before their gazes met. “In good times, in bad times, through sickness, and in health, I promise to be true to you, to take care of you, to always give you happiness, and to love you till the last days of my life. I love you so much, my Sungmin. You are my life and I will never be happy if you will be gone again from my side.” Kyuhyun smiled before capturing Sungmin’s lips that he had missed a lot in a sweet kiss.
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
“Where’s Siwon?” Sungmin asked Heechul after he looked outside the room where he was currently in. He looked around for Siwon among the guests but he cannot find the latter. He had never heard nor seen Siwon again after he stayed at the Cho’s rest house. 
 
“I don’t have any idea.” Heechul replied. “And you should not worry about someone other than your fiancée when today is your wedding day. You will see him later. Right now, your soon-to-be husband is waiting for your arrival in the altar. We don’t want the groom to wait any longer.” Heechul added in a suggestive manner.
 
“I know.” Sungmin said and he can’t help but not hide the sadness he was feeling after not seeing the one who had always been by his side from the start, and whom he considered as his best friend. He wanted to thank him for everything that he had done.
 
“Why are you sulking on your wedding day?” 
 
Sungmin turned his head towards the door and saw Siwon standing at the door with a gentle smile on his face. But there was something wrong on Siwon. Did he dye his hair gray? Why does he have those lines on his forehead?
 
“Siwon?”
 
The man chuckled before walking towards Sungmin. “You did not remember who I am?”
 
Sungmin looked at the man in confusion, and then it suddenly dawned on him. “You were the old man who asked me to work as a butler for your daughter.”
 
“Ouch! I know I’m old but no need for you to point that out.” The man said playfully.
 
“I’m sorry.” Sungmin apologized. 
 
The man patted Sungmin’s hair. “No need to apologize. I am Andrew Choi, Kyuhyun’s grandfather. I actually don’t have a daughter. I’m sorry for lying to you.”
 
“It’s okay.” Sungmin smiled. “I wanted to thank you for bringing me here actually. Although I’ve been through a lot, I would always be thankful for having to meet your family and be part of it, especially Kyuhyun.”
 
“No problem.” Andrew replied. “By the way, why are you sulking awhile ago?” 
 
Sungmin lowered his head in embarrassment and he saw his cousin smirking at him. “I… I was looking for my best friend, and I cannot find him anywhere. It’s been a month since I last saw him and I wanted to thank him for everything he had done for me.”
 
Andrew smiled gently at Sungmin and the latter can’t help but feel like he was facing Siwon right now. “Are you talking about Siwon?” Sungmin nodded his head in embarrassment. “He is in another country due to some business stuff. Don’t worry; I’m sure he is happy right now for you and he will always be thankful to have you as his best friend. He always wanted to see you smile, so you should be happy right now and you don’t have to worry about him. He wanted nothing but your happiness.”
 
Sungmin smiled and nodded his head. “Thank you, Sir. I am also praying for his happiness. I hope he will find the right one for him.”
 
“I’m sure he will.” Andrew smiled and offered his left arm for Sungmin, making the latter looked at him in confusion. “I’ll be the one to walk with you down the aisle. May I?” Without a second thought, Sungmin encircled his right arm on Andrew’s left arm happily.
 
Sungmin looked at Andrew’s arm and he suddenly felt Siwon beside him. He looked at Andrew’s face, and his eyes widened when he realized how much the old man resembles Siwon. Andrew felt Sungmin’s gaze on him as they slowly walked towards the aisle. He turned to look at Sungmin and he smiled the same smile that Siwon had always been showing towards the latter.
 
“I am glad that I was the one who brought you towards your happiness.” Andrew said as he gestured his other hand towards Kyuhyun who was smiling happily at the two of them. “Congratulations.”
 
“Thank you, Mr. Choi. I can’t help but feel like Siwon is the one walking with me right now.” Sungmin replied with a smile on his face.
 
“Me and Siwon are related, that’s why you are feeling that way.” Andrew replied before turning towards Kyuhyun’s direction.
 
Kyuhyun bowed at his grandfather before taking Sungmin’s right hand from the latter. He looked at Andrew and mumbled, ‘Thank you for everything.’ Andrew only nodded his head before walking away from the scene without everyone’s notice. He knows he did the right thing, and seeing the two important people in his life being happy together is his own joy. He did not feel the same pain and all he could feel is that his heart has been finally free. He looked up at the sky and this time he is sure that he will definitely forget everything. His final duty is done and it’s time for his heart and his memories of him to rest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------
 
 
(a/n) Thank you to all of you who waited for this final chapter. Thank you for all for your wonderful comments, for subscribing, and for reading this.
 
 
I still got a training and an exam tomorrow. Hope I can make it.
 
Again, thanks a lot. I may not be able to name all of you here, but allow me to just put your name here with a little bit of magic. hehehe
 
Really, thanks a lot and I love you, you