Truth

The Prince's Fiancé

 

“What the hell do you think you were doing?”
 
 
Kyuhyun jolted in surprise when the door to his office was opened with a loud bang by his furiously looking cousin, Seohyun. He did not expect to see her again after a long time, since she would always travel with their grandfather. 
 
 
“Answer me, Cho Kyuhyun!” Seohyun demanded as she walked angrily towards Kyuhyun’s desk.
 
 
Kyuhyun looked at her for a while before he continued reading the proposal in his hands. “Is that the proper way to greet your cousin after not seeing him in a long time? Uncle Hankyung seemed to forget how to teach you some manners.”
 
 
Seohyun pouted her lips after hearing her father’s name, making Kyuhyun snickered at her sudden change in mood. Seohyun is Hankyung’s daughter from his deceased wife. He is always busy with their business in other countries, making their grandfather take care of her instead. “He’s always busy flirting with any cute or beautiful person he would meet. I really hope that he will think of settling down this time. He seemed to be in love this past few days.”
 
 
“So, who is his current interest?” Kyuhyun asked as he still kept his eyes towards the papers in his hands. But the truth is he only wanted to hide the dark circles under his eyes from his annoying cousin. Since the last time he had seen Sungmin, sleep never visited him and the pain in knowing that he hurt him again always haunts him.
 
 
“I heard the person’s name is Heechul. Dad promised to introduce him to me one of these days.” 
 
 
Hearing that name made Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun in disbelief. “W-what did you say? Who was that again?”
 
 
“Heechul?” Seohyun replied as he tilted her head in confusion. “You know him?”
 
 
Kyuhyun nodded his head. “He’s my fiancée’s cousin. I mean my ex-fiancée.”
Hearing that from Kyuhyun, Seohyun’s mood changed into a furious one again. She hit the table loudly, taking Kyuhyun by surprise. “What’s wrong with you?”
 
 
“What’s wrong with me?! I should be the one asking that to you.” Seohyun exclaimed in annoyance. Kyuhyun could almost see the smoke coming out from her nostrils making him gulp in fear. What’s with his cousin? At one minute, she acts so cute, and then the next minute she would act like a devil that is ready to strangle him any moment. Is this the result of being with their grandfather? Well, the last time he had seen the old man was when he was still a kid. After that, he had never seen the man again.
 
 
“Why did you break off your engagement with Sungmin? Did you know what I have gone through in order to finally meet and talk to him?!” Seohyun asked, still looking all furious at Kyuhyun.
 
 
Kyuhyun widened his eyes. “What did you just tell me?” Seohyun suddenly realized what she just blurted out and began to laugh nervously at Kyuhyun. “Seohyun, what did you know about him? Tell me!”
 
 
“I-it was actually my plan to get Sungmin as your fiancée.” Seohyun began as she nervously played with her fingers. Kyuhyun was dumbfounded. “I had actually known Sungmin for a long time because of Grandpa. He kept on telling me a story about a prince who died protecting his lover and how he was reincarnated after that. At first, I did not believe in those stories he kept on telling me. I thought it was just some random fairytales created by Grandpa to make me feel good whenever Dad would go overseas for work.”
 
 
Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun, and saw the latter was only staring at her, as if telling her to continue. “One day, Grandpa brought me to a small restaurant and then he handed me a portrait of the prince he was telling me about, before he called for a waiter. My eyes widened when I saw the waiter’s face. It was Sungmin and he really looks like the one in the portrait that Grandpa had given to me.”
 
 
Kyuhyun felt a sudden tug in his heart as he continues to listen to his cousin’s story.
 
 
Seohyun smiled as she remembered her first meeting with Sungmin. “Although, the prince in the portrait has a long and blond-hair while Sungmin’s hair is short and silky black, they really look the same. After that, Grandpa told me that it was Sungmin who is the prince’s reincarnation. He was back to be reunited with his lover in the past.” Seohyun clasped her hand dreamily. “I really admire that prince so when I saw Sungmin for the first time, I really like him! I wish I could also find my soul mate.”
 
 
“So, you know who that prince’s lover is?” Kyuhyun finally managed to ask.
 
 
“Of course! His name was Marcus.” Seohyun replied in a meaningful way. 
 
 
“If you know him, then why did you make Sungmin as my fiancée?”
 
 
“You are really stupid! I can’t believe how other people kept on praising you for being a genius, where in fact you are this dumb! Do you think I would waste my time in planning and even almost sacrificing my body to those erted guys just to make Sungmin save me and then make Grandpa pretend that he was offering him a job as part of his gratitude?!” Seohyun yelled in annoyance before massaging her forehead. “You are such a big stress for me.”
 
 
“It was… what… I..” Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to say as realization slowly sunk into him. 
 
 
“Yes. You and Marcus are one. You are the reincarnation of the Prince’s lover. Sungmin can’t remember you at all because his heart was struck by an arrow as he tried to save you in your past life, while you can’t remember him because you were so down and kept on blaming yourself for the Prince’s death in the past. Grandpa always tell you about our family’s tradition, since you are his eldest grandchild, you became his heir. But in order to do that, you need to have a fiancé first. That was how I came up with the idea of making Sungmin as your fiancée and making you guys reunite. But what did you do?!”
 
 
Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to say. He suddenly felt dizzy and his dreams slowly flashed before his eyes. He can see himself crying while holding the Prince’s lifeless body in his arms; how he cried and blamed himself for his death. Then he saw Sungmin’s teary eyes after he pushed him out of his life. 
 
 
“Kyuhyun!” 
 
 
Kyuhyun came back to his senses when he heard his secretary’s voice. He looked up and saw the latter’s horrified look. “What is it, Kibum?”
 
 
Kibum, his secretary, walked towards him and handed him a piece of envelope. He looked at his cousin and the latter only looked at him in annoyance, before he opened the envelope. He saw the necklace that he had given to Sungmin with some stains of blood in it. His heart started to beat wildly in his chest from fear. He saw a paper and his mind began panicking after he read what was written on it.
 
 
“Sir Siwon was the one who received that letter and after he read that, he quickly went away and told me that Master Sungmin is in danger and asked me to hand that to you.” Kibum said as he looked at Kyuhyun in worry.
 
 
“What?! Sungmin is in danger?!” Seohyun exclaimed in horror.
 
 
Kyuhyun clenched his fists tightly before he ran out of his office. He will not let something bad happened to Sungmin. As he was running, memories of Sungmin’s smile fills him. He can never forgive himself if anything bad will happen to Sungmin. It was his entire fault that something like this happened. Sungmin died in his past life because of him, and now, he won’t let history repeat itself. 
 
 
“The owner of this necklace would be taken away from you completely if you will not show yourself tonight.” 
 
 
Kyuhyun read the letter in his hand again before he whispered to himself, “Please wait for me. I’m coming for you, Sungmin.”
 
 
Kyuhyun kept on running, unaware of someone who has been watching him the entire time. He smirked before he started the engine of his car.
 
 
“I’ll be waiting for you, Kyuhyun.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------
(a/n) few chapters more T___T 
I updated today since it's my birthday~~~hahaha! Belated Happy Birthday to my first ever bias in KPOP, Park Jungmin of SS501. Happy Birthday to my Appa, Lee Hyukjae! And Happy Birthday to me! WHAHAHAHA! forgive me for my randomness~~^^