Bits of Memory

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin started his day with a throbbing head ache and puffy eyes. He had been crying the whole night after what Kyuhyun had done to him. He wanted to forget those kisses and everything that Kyuhyun said the other night, but it was hopeless. He wonders what could’ve happened if Kyuhyun did not stop. Sungmin shook his head as he thought about Kyuhyun’s smirk that sent shivers to his spine. He felt scared and he doesn’t want to see or to be near Kyuhyun today.  He wanted to get away from this place just for this day and forget about what happened.
 
 
But he knows that it would only make Kyuhyun angry. With a heavy heart, Sungmin decided to just roam around inside the mansion. That way, maybe he could make his mind and his self relax.
 
 
As he was walking along the hallway, he heard a faint sound of a piano being played in one of the rooms. He followed where the sound was coming from and he soon stopped in front of a large door. He stood there for a while and closed his eyes as he listened to the sad notes being played in the piano. The feeling of being heard it before came to him. 
 
 
‘What are you doing?’ 
 
 
Sungmin opened his eyes after he heard his own voice. He looked in front of him and saw that the door was widely opened and two boys were talking inside. He knit his brows in confusion when he saw that it was Siwon who was playing the piano, while a blond-haired boy standing beside him. He cannot see what the blond looks like since he had his back towards Sungmin. 
 
 
Siwon paused and turned his gaze towards the blond-haired boy beside him and replied, ‘Playing piano, obviously.’
 
 
‘Yeah, I know that. But why does it sound so sad? You should be playing something that suits your handsome image.’
 
 
Siwon chuckled and began to play the notes again. ‘Handsome image, huh? I don’t think I have that.’
 
 
‘Oh please! Don’t be so humble. A lot of people here like you, even my cousin. He’s head over heels for you.’ The blond-haired boy replied in a happy tone.
 
 
 ‘But there’s someone whom I really like.’ Siwon replied with a soft smile on his face and Sungmin wonders why they cannot notice him.
 
 
‘Really?! Tell me! Tell me who is that special someone that stole your heart.’ The blond asked in excitement and it dawned on Sungmin that they have the same voice.
 
 
Siwon looked at the blond and smiled. ‘It’s a secret.’
 
 
‘We’re best friends! How can you keep that a secret from me?’ The blond whined at Siwon, which only made the latter chuckle in amusement.
 
 
‘Why don’t you listen to my composition first?’ Siwon offered.
 
 
‘Fine!’
 
 
Siwon started playing the piano again and the blond-haired boy sat beside him. Sungmin wanted to see his face. He doesn’t know why he could see all of this. He recalled that Siwon told him that Kyuhyun’s fiancé is his best friend. Could it be this blond-haired guy? Did Siwon finally found him? His heart aches with thoughts of seeing Kyuhyun being reunited with his past love. But this is the only way for him to see Kyuhyun happy.
 
 
Sungmin took a step forward, towards the two boys in front of the piano, but his forehead suddenly hit a hard object. He ahead and his eyes widened in surprise. He was standing in front of the closed door and even hit his forehead after taking a step forward. What did just happen? Did he slept and had a dream? He looked around him with hopes that no one had seen him in that awkward moment of his.
 
 
Sungmin sighed in relief when he saw that no one had seen him. He can still hear the sound of the piano behind the closed door. With curiosity, he slowly turned the door’s knob and smiled to himself when he realized that it was not locked. He opened the door carefully and peeked inside. Just like what he had seen a while ago, Siwon was the one playing the piano, but he was alone. Siwon seemed to be immersed in playing the piano, so Sungmin walked inside the room and quietly closed the door behind him. He looked around to see if the blond-haired boy was present, but there really is no one besides Siwon inside.
 
 
Sungmin’s gaze landed on Siwon again. The latter’s eyes was closed in concentration and his body was moving along to the music he was playing. The sun’s rays from the window shine upon him and Sungmin can’t help but admire the latter. He looks stunning and somehow resembles some prince in those fairytales that he had watched. 
 
 
The music is really a sad one and Sungmin felt his heart being squeezed tightly as he continues to listen. He saw Siwon’s face was full of sadness and he wanted to reach out to him. It was the first time that he had seen him like that. Siwon would always smile at him whenever they see each other. 
 
 
“Come and join me.”
 
 
Sungmin jolted in surprise when he heard Siwon’s voice. He looked at the latter and noticed that he was still playing the piano. How did he know that he was here?
 
 
Siwon paused and looked at Sungmin with a soft smile. “What can you say?”
 
 
“H-huh?” Sungmin asked in confusion.
 
 
“What can you say about the piece that I had just played?” Siwon asked him, still with that soft smile on his face.
 
 
“I-it sounds so sad.” Sungmin replied and felt his cheeks blushing.
 
 
Siwon chuckled after hearing Sungmin’s reply, making the latter looked at him in confusion. “It doesn’t suit my handsome image, right?”
 
 
“Huh?” 
 
 
“Someone told me that before.” Siwon said and Sungmin felt like he had heard it before. Then he remembered the scene he had seen a while ago. It was the blond-haired boy who told Siwon those words.
 
 
“N-no.” Sungmin replied and Siwon looked at him in confusion. “I… I’m not saying that it suits you or not, but I admire how you played the notes so well that it made me feel the sadness that you are trying to portray in the music that you are playing. It touched my heart that it made me feel how much you missed your best friend.”
 
 
“Sungmin.”
 
 
Sungmin looked at the ground in shyness. He understands now. He knows how Siwon was feeling. “T-the piece you were playing was for him, right? You love him so much that you cannot move on from the memories you had with him, and it hurts you to see him being with the one-“
 
 
Sungmin was not able to finish his lines as he felt Siwon enveloped him in a tight embrace. “S-Siwon?”
 
 
Siwon did not reply as tears slowly fell down from his eyes. Sungmin felt Siwon’s body was shaking and he knows that the latter was crying. He felt happy for a fact that Siwon was starting to open up with him.  It only means that Siwon trusts him. He can feel the longing and sadness surrounding Siwon and he wanted to be there for the latter and help him move on, though he doesn’t know how. He slowly lifted his arms and hugged Siwon back.
 
 
“I should have told him back then. I should have told him everything.” Siwon said between sobs.
 
 
“You are afraid to lose the friendship you had with him that’s why you did not have the courage to tell him in the past. You came here just to find him and tell him what you feel, right?” Sungmin said while soothing Siwon’s back, and the latter nod his head in reply. “If you find him, will you tell him what you feel?”
 
 
There was a moment of silence before Siwon let Sungmin go. He smiled at Sungmin while tears were still streaming down his eyes. “Will he love me back?”
 
 
Sungmin can only looked at Siwon in confusion.
 
 
“I found him. But just like in the past, he will never be mine.” 
 
 
Sungmin felt the pain from those words. He clenched his fist as he fought back his own tears from falling. “Don’t say that! He… I don’t know who he is. I haven’t seen how he looks like. But he has no right to be dumb and ignore your feelings. Please, fight for him. Tell him everything, even though he loves someone else. Tell him that you love him. You came here just to look for him and it’s just not right for you to be just silent while watching him return to the one he loves. Fight for him.”
 
 
Siwon was taken aback and he can only look at Sungmin, and the latter started sobbing in front of him. Sungmin doesn’t know why he was crying, maybe because of the fact that Siwon had finally found his best friend and would soon be reunited with Kyuhyun or maybe because he felt broken hearted, just like Siwon, and he would be a loser in the end.
 
 
“Please. Fight for the one you love.” 
 
 
Hearing those words suddenly gave Siwon a new hope. He gently wiped the tears away from Sungmin. “I came here not because I wanted him to be mine. I came here because I wanted to see him and make him know that I am still here even though he cannot remember me anymore. I wanted to be near him always and seeing him makes me happy. I always know that he would always end up with the one he is destined to be with, even if they will be separated for how many times. I know I will only lose in the end, but you asking me to fight for him have given me a new hope.”
 
 
Siwon slowly lowered his face towards Sungmin, and the latter closed his eyes. Sungmin knows what Siwon is about to do, and yet he doesn’t have the courage to pushed him away. Siwon and he would be the losers in the end, and it’s just right for him to start forgetting about his feelings for Kyuhyun and start opening up to someone like Siwon who had been treating him nicely from the start.
 
 
Soon, Sungmin felt Siwon’s lips against him moving in a gentle way and the latter’s hands were on his hips. Sungmin did not feel anything; instead all he can think about was Kyuhyun’s lips against him. Siwon parted his lips from Sungmin and looked at the latter’s eyes. 
 
 
“I like you, Sungmin.” Siwon whispered. “Please be mine.”
 
 
Sungmin was stunned. Why is Siwon confessing to him all of a sudden? Didn’t he say that it was his best friend whom he really likes? What did just happen? Wait! Is he-
 
 
He was about to asked Siwon when he saw the latter’s eyes widened when he looked behind Sungmin. Sungmin was confused before he turned around and saw Kyuhyun looking at them furiously. 
 
 
“So, this is what the two of you have been doing behind my back.” Kyuhyun hissed in anger as he took a step forward. 
 
 
Siwon stood in front of Sungmin as he wanted to protect the latter from Kyuhyun. He knows what Kyuhyun had done to Sungmin the other night and it is making him furious. He heard everything and he tried his best to control himself from barging inside the room and protect Sungmin.
 
 
“Why do you even care?” Siwon asked in anger and he felt Sungmin’s hold on his right arm, asking him to stop but Siwon just had enough. “I saw what you had done to him last night. Why are you always hurting him? He doesn’t deserve someone like you.”
 
 
“Choi Siwon!” Kyuhyun said in anger before landing his right fist on Siwon’s cheek, making the latter fall. Sungmin immediately kneeled beside Siwon and helped the latter to sit. 
 
 
“Siwon, are you okay?” Sungmin asked in worry.
 
 
Kyuhyun gritted his teeth in both anger and jealousy, before he harshly grabbed Sungmin’s right arm and dragged him outside the room. Sungmin was trying hard to get away from Kyuhyun’s tight grasp.
 
 
“Kyuhyun, y-you’re hurting me.” Sungmin tried to struggle, but Kyuhyun only ignored him. “Please. L-let me go.”
 
 
Kyuhyun opened the door to his room and harshly pushed Sungmin towards the bed. “How many times should I remind you that you are mine and I can do anything to you?” 
 
 
Sungmin’s tears began falling down from his eyes as he watched how Kyuhyun ripped his shirts apart. “N-no.”
 
 
“You give me no choice but to show you what I can do to you.” Kyuhyun said in anger before kissing Sungmin’s lips hungrily.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----
 
 
(a/n) Siwon was playing the piano version of Daydream, just to let you guys know. hehe.
Thanks to all of you~~^^