Realization

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin slowly opened his eyes and looked around him. He pouted his lips after realizing that Heechul was nowhere to be seen. Feeling depressed, he turned his body to the right side and was surprised to see Kyuhyun sleeping soundly beside him. Being this close, he can examine clearly the guy’s face. His face is so gorgeous. His eyelids were closed against the dim light; his breathing is deep and relaxed. He looks so calm and Sungmin smiled unconsciously as his gaze landed on those lips that had taken his first kiss.
 
 
Without thinking twice, Sungmin carefully traced Kyuhyun’s jaw line with his fingertips. There seemed to be a familiar feeling running through him as he continuously looked at the latter’s sleeping face. 
 
 
“Have we met before, Kyuhyun?” Sungmin whispered as his fingertips now moved to traced Kyuhyun’s lips. Kyuhyun stirred from his sleep and Sungmin quickly pulled his hand away and pretended to sleep. A hand wrapped around his waist which made Sungmin’s heart race and a blush slowly crept to both of his cheeks.
 
 
Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin’s body towards him and protectively wrapped his arms around the latter. “Good night.” Kyuhyun whispered as he kissed Sungmin’s forehead.
 
 
Sungmin’s body stiffened. Is Kyuhyun awake the whole time he was staring and tracing his fingertips on his jaw line and lips?
 
 
“Relax and sleep. But if you want to kiss me awhile ago, you could’ve done it instead of tracing those fingertips of yours on my face. I really wouldn’t mind at all.”
 
 
He heard Kyuhyun said and due to embarrassment, Sungmin quickly pushed Kyuhyun’s body away from him, surprising the latter and making him fall from the bed. Sungmin turned his back away from Kyuhyun and wrapped the blankets around him.
 
 
Kyuhyun only smirked as he watched Sungmin curled himself around the blanket. He stands up and walked towards the closet to grab a blanket. He went towards the couch and lay down his tired body. He watched Sungmin and he smiled at he remembered what the latter had done awhile ago. Actually, he was just about to fall asleep when he felt those fingertips brushing against his jaw line and his lips. He even heard what Sungmin had whispered to him.
 
 
Sungmin was expecting some cold words or a yell from Kyuhyun from what he did. But there was nothing and he only heard some shuffling of slippers near him. What if Kyuhyun was planning something against him? That thought made him hold on tightly to the blanket as if his survival from Kyuhyun’s evil hands depended on it. 
 
 
After half an hour passed, Sungmin slowly removed the blanket around him and started looking for Kyuhyun. He saw the latter lying on the couch and he can’t help but feel guilty. He saw the blanket on the floor and he tried to ignore it, thinking that it was another part of Kyuhyun’s trap to . He tried to sleep but worries about Kyuhyun getting a cold started eating him up.
 
 
He got up and walked towards the couch where Kyuhyun was sleeping. He picked up the blanket and carefully placed it on the latter. He smiled after realizing that Kyuhyun is indeed in a very deep sleep.
 
 
“Good night, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin whispered before going back to the bed.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Being the fiancée of a genius and famous rich kid like Kyuhyun, Sungmin was told to study a lot, which he had never done in his school days before since he grew up being a working student. Leeteuk began to teach him some proper etiquette when meeting with some rich people and businessmen and how he should deal with the press people. Leeteuk and Yoona had also introduced him to some of the famous designers who were responsible for the expensive dresses and suits that the family was using, and even began to take his measurements for the dress that he’ll be using on the day of his wedding.
 
 
Sungmin was tired but he needed to deal with it, after all, he was paid to do this. He sighed in relief as soon as they arrived at the mansion. He was left with Leeteuk again since Yoona had to meet up some important people. He went towards his shared room with Kyuhyun and grabbed the book that Leeteuk told him to read.
 
 
“I brought some tea.” Leeteuk said as he placed the tray on the table. He watched how Sungmin was totally immersed with the book that he was reading. He faked a cough to get the latter’s attention, to which he succeeded.
 
 
“Oh! Leeteuk hyung, you’re here.” Sungmin said with a smile on his face.
 
 
“It’s twelve in the midnight already. You should take some sleep.” Leeteuk reminded him.
 
 
“It’s okay. I still need to learn a lot of things. I don’t want to embarrass this family in front of other people. After all, that’s what I’m paid to do, right?” Sungmin replied before looking at the book in his hand.
 
 
“You are still thinking about it.” Leeteuk said making Sungmin looked at him in confusion. “You still don’t understand the real reason why you are here.”
 
 
“What do you mean?”
 
 
Leeteuk smiled softly at Sungmin. “Sungmin, do you believe in destiny?”
 
 
Sungmin arched his brows in confusion and soon chuckled after realizing what Leeteuk had asked him. “Of course I do. Why are you asking me that all of a sudden, hyung?”
 
 
“Let’s just say that you are here to fulfill something that you had been longing to do in your past life.”
 
 
“You mean, like reincarnation?” Sungmin questioned and Leeteuk nod his head in reply. “Hyung, there’s no such thing as that.”
 
 
“Then let me tell you something. I was Kangin’s lover.” Leeteuk began making Sungmin widened his eyes in shock.
 
 
“Eh? What?!”
 
 
“Kangin and I are soul mates, and we were together in our past lives. Kangin was a King back then and we both had a son.”
 
 
“You mean you are a girl on your past life?” Sungmin asked still in disbelief and Leeteuk smiled at him. “What happened to your son, then?”
 
 
“He was killed by our kingdom’s enemies as he tried to save his lover from an arrow.” Leeteuk replied with a hint of sadness in his voice as he looked at Sungmin. 
 
 
“Oh! I’m sorry, but that was confusing.” Sungmin replied apologetically.
 
 
“It’s okay. I know you will never understand. They said that once a person’s heart or head was hit in his past life, he will never remember anything in his present life. Kangin and I still remember everything from the past. I was reincarnated as a man, who can never be capable of bearing a child. So Kangin’s father, who knows everything about us, decided to find a girl for his son to marry. Yoona knows that Kangin never loves her, that’s why she’s having a lot of affairs behind her husband’s back. But Kangin knows it and he just let her do whatever she wanted.
 
 
“Kyuhyun knew about his mother’s affairs and also knew that I’m his father’s secret lover. He was only a kid when he first knew about us. He never complains nor accuses us about anything. He bears a lot of burden more than anyone else, since he doesn’t know what the real reason behind all of these.”
 
 
“Is Kyuhyun your son in the past life?” Sungmin asked.
 
 
“No. He is actually my son’s fiancé.” Leeteuk replied taking Sungmin by surprise.
 
 
“How…. How did-“
 
 
“I also don’t know, but one thing I’m sure of, my son is just near me. I know he will not remember me, or anyone here, but I always believe that destiny will bring him here and be reunited with us and Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk replied and Sungmin fell silent. He doesn’t know why, but there was a pang of hurt in his chest as he realized that Kyuhyun will soon be reunited with his lover from the past and he will just be nothing in the end. 
 
 
“Why should I take care of someone who only became my fiancée after being offered a large sum of money?”
 
 
Yes, he was only paid to be Kyuhyun’s fiancé, made to believe that it was for the sake of the company, but actually he is someone who will fill the empty space that Kyuhyun’s lover in the past left, and when that lover shows up, he will be living his life ordinarily again with Heechul. He wonders how is he going to live his life the way it used to be when he haven’t met this weird family and Kyuhyun after this drama ended. How? He doesn’t know and it hurts his heart as he realized that he is indeed falling deeper in love with Kyuhyun as the day passes by. In the end, he will be left with nothing but a broken heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------
 
 
(a/n) forgive me for a very late update. I was so freaking busy with a lot of competency exams in the hospital I am working lately. T____T I need them to upgrade my skills at work.