Marcus

The Prince's Fiancé

 

It hurts.
 
 
His heart totally hurts. He hated himself for hurting him and for forcing him in doing something against his will. He was mad, furious, and was overwhelmed by his jealousy when he saw another guy kissing Sungmin. 
 
 
“P-please… D-don’t do this to me…”
 
 
The fear and pain from that voice is haunting him, making him hate himself even more. His tear-stricken face, the blood that he had seen after he him, made his insides turn. He is a monster, and that punch from Siwon was not enough for what he had done. He was not supposed to be like this. 
 
 
He was only planning to use him for his advantage. He will throw him away just like what he had done to his ex-lovers when he gets tired of them. 
 
 
The news about finally having a fiancé made him irritated, but that is part of his family’s tradition that he needed to follow as the only heir of the biggest and most successful company that his grandfather owns. He wanted to live normally, and be not like his father. He had known how his grandfather had arranged for Kangin to marry Yoona so he can take over the company. He thought that he had a perfect family, but that was all ruined when he saw his father sleeping with Leeteuk. 
 
 
Since that day, he had observed how his father will look at Leeteuk with longing eyes, and how his mother would always seemed to ignore it. He hated his father for what he had done, and he began to pity his mother. But one day, he saw his mother smiling happily in another man’s arms. Donghae that was what he heard the man’s name was. His mother looked so lovely around him and he can’t help but feel all alone.
 
 
He always locked himself in his room, and would cry himself to sleep. Nobody would understand him; even his parents left him to be with their own lovers. From that day, he vowed to himself that he will never fall in love and had started preparing for the arranged marriage that his grandfather had told him about. For him, it would only be useless to waste your time in loving someone when you would only be alone in the end, so he began to play and broke a lot of hearts, to which he did not felt sorry for.
 
 
But the first time he met him, he felt all weird inside as their gazes met. There was something in those doe-like eyes that made him feel so familiar about. So, when they talked at the rooftop, he can’t help but wished and utter in front of the beautiful boy that it was him who he wanted to be his fiancé. Honestly, he had never felt that way with anyone before. He wanted to own him and make him his.
 
 
But what did he do after he found out that it was Sungmin who is going to be his fiancé? He started to treat him unkindly, told him a lot of hurtful words, and stepped on him. He did this after thinking that Sungmin is a gold digger, who only agreed to be his fiancé because of the money that was being offered to him. The admiration he felt for Sungmin when he first met him vanished into thin air as he could only think about that the latter was only after him because of his wealth, which angered him more.
 
 
He finds out the truth when he accidentally overheard Heechul and Sungmin talking. He felt like a jerk after realizing that Sungmin needed the money for his cousin’s hospitalization and operation. He found out that Sungmin really has no idea that he’s going to be his fiancé. 
 
 
He should be taking good care of Sungmin just like what he had told Heechul. He should be protecting him and start making him notice what he truly feels. But when Sungmin told him to break off their engagement and marry someone that he loves, he became furious. He wanted no one else but him that it’s frustrating him, making him do something against Sungmin’s will. Even seeing him with Siwon is pissing him off, especially when he had seen them kissing.
 
 
He felt his world was torn apart when he saw that scene and the memories of seeing both of his parents happy in other person’s arms came into him. He felt cheated again that it made him do something that he sure would regret for the rest of his life.
 
 
He knows he is starting to fall for Sungmin each passing day, but he is a coward. Instead of showing him how he feels, he is slowly pushing him away from him. He is always alone, but this time he felt scared to be left again. He felt scared to watch Sungmin walk out of his life and be with someone else than him. 
 
 
Kyuhyun slowly opened the door and peeked inside, and saw Sungmin sleeping soundly on the bed. As he carefully took some steps towards the bed, his mind was filled with things that he wanted to say to Sungmin, things that he wanted to do to make it up to him. He needed to do something before it’s too late.
 
 
He watched Sungmin’s sleeping face. He looks so innocent that Kyuhyun can’t help but slowly leaned his head down towards Sungmin’s face. He closed his eyes and gently pecked those red lips that he had kissed countless of times.
 
 
He stood up before laying the mixed bouquet of red and white roses beside Sungmin. He took one last glance at Sungmin before going out of the room.
 
 
“What are you doing here?”
 
 
Kyuhyun only looked at Siwon before walking away, but paused when he heard Siwon snickered at him. 
 
 
“You are really stubborn.”
 
 
“I guess I would be more stubborn after I heard everything in that music room.” Kyuhyun replied and turned around to look at the stunned Siwon. “I heard it and I have to thank you for making some of the memories that I have from my past life come back.”
 
 
Siwon smiled as he leaned his back against the wall before crossing his arms on his chest. “You really heard, huh?”
 
 
“I would always have this weird dream of you and a blond-haired guy. So when I heard everything, I guess it made sense after all. Come to think of it, the blond-haired guy really does look like Sungmin. You were from the past with the goal of finding that guy, your first love.” Kyuhyun said and stared at Siwon who seemed to act calmly after hearing what he said.
 
 
“Glad to hear that.” Siwon only replied that made Kyuhyun grit his teeth in annoyance.
 
 
“Is that Sungmin? Is he your first love that’s why you came here to find him? Am I the one who stole him from you?”
 
 
Siwon sighed and put his hands in his pants’ pockets before looking at Kyuhyun. “It’s up to you to believe whatever you wanted to believe, Kyuhyun.”
 
 
“He told you to fight for your love.” Kyuhyun whispered, but Siwon heard it.
 
 
“It’s too ironic, isn’t it? Coming from someone that I know who will never be mine. But if that’s what he wanted me to do for the one I love, then I’d gladly start doing it. Seeing him cry because of hearing my story and telling me to fight is enough to give me a new hope. Maybe this time if I will do my best, he will finally notice me with the fact that he cannot remember a single thing from his past life.”
 
 
Kyuhyun smirked after hearing Siwon. “I won’t let that happen.”
 
 
Siwon smiled calmly before turning his back towards Kyuhyun. “Good to hear that.” He said and did not hear any reply from Kyuhyun. He started walking towards his room, while feeling that Kyuhyun is still watching him.
 
 
“Creepy.” Siwon chuckled before he whispered to himself, “Welcome back, Marcus.”