Set You Free

The Prince's Fiancé

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead.” 
 
 
Sungmin groaned as he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and was met by Kyuhyun’s pair of brown orbs, making him jolt in surprise. They both yelp in pain when their foreheads accidentally bumped when Sungmin moved.
 
 
“Annoying.” Kyuhyun mumbled as he touches his forehead, but Sungmin heard it clearly.
 
 
“Hey! It was your fault! Who told you-“
 
 
“So noisy.” 
 
 
Sungmin’s eyes widened when he felt Kyuhyun’s lips against his. He was about to push Kyuhyun away, when the latter moved away from him. “W-what was that for?!” He can’t help but yelled in anger.
 
 
“I have the right to kiss you.” Kyuhyun replied before getting out of the car. Sungmin felt himself being played again by Kyuhyun. He almost forgets that he was paid. This is why he never wanted to be alone with Kyuhyun again. The latter kept on making him feel small and low; and how cheap he was.
 
 
“Are you going to stay inside this car? Or should I drag you outside?” Kyuhyun asked as he opened the car’s door for Sungmin.
 
 
Sungmin did not reply and just went out of the car. Last thing he wanted is to be humiliated in front of many people. He kept his gaze lowered as he began to walk behind Kyuhyun. 
 
 
“I was only kidding when I said that we are going to Jeju Island.” Kyuhyun said as he felt the silence between them, but Sungmin kept quiet and did not utter any word. Kyuhyun turned his head to look at Sungmin, making the latter stop walking. “Why the sudden change in mood?”
 
 
“I will keep quiet and just listen to what you will say.” Sungmin replied lifelessly, making Kyuhyun looked at him in confusion.
 
 
“What?”
 
 
“You bought me so I don’t have the right to complain.”
 
 
Kyuhyun was taken aback after hearing Sungmin’s reply. Hearing those words from him felt like his heart was being pierced by millions of needles. He wanted to hug him and tell him how sorry he was for making Sungmin felt that way.
 
 
“What else do you want to do with me today? I will do it.” Sungmin said in a cold tone.
 
 
Kyuhyun clenched his fists before he grabbed Sungmin’s hand. “You really know how to make me angry.”  He dragged Sungmin inside the mall and saw the comfort room. Sungmin wanted to cry, but he tried his best not look like a weakling in front of Kyuhyun again.
 
 
When they entered the comfort room, Kyuhyun saw that it was empty, and without a warning he pushed Sungmin towards the cold wall. “Look at me.” He ordered as he leaned towards Sungmin, but the latter did not move. “I said, look at me.”
 
 
Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and his act to be strong in front of him broke when he saw the sadness in the latter’s eyes. “K-kyuhyun.”
 
 
“Today, let’s forget everything.” Kyuhyun gently caressed Sungmin’s face. “Let’s spend this day like a real couple. I want to see the real you. I want to know you more. Starting today, let’s forget about money; forget that you are here because you were paid to become my fiancé. Let’s pretend that it did not happen. Let’s enjoy this day together, shall we?”
 
 
Sungmin wasn’t sure if he was hearing Kyuhyun correctly. It feels like he is facing a different Kyuhyun, someone who is not cold and arrogant. He stared at Kyuhyun’s eyes to find any hint of lies and mischievousness in it, but there was none. All he had seen were the sincerity in those brown orbs. Sungmin slowly nod his head in reply, and he saw the gentle smile from Kyuhyun. His heart skipped a beat after seeing that smile again. He had seen Siwon’s gentle smile towards him a lot, but Kyuhyun’s smile seemed to have a great effect on him. It was the smile that he longed to see again since the first time they met.
 
 
“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun said as he intertwined their hands. He smiled as he saw how perfect their hands fit together, making him raise them so Sungmin could see. “Isn’t it amazing how our hands fit perfectly together? It’s like we were meant to be.” 
 
 
Sungmin quickly lowered his gaze as he felt his cheeks burning.
 
 
“You are really cute.” Kyuhyun exclaimed before they started walking out of the comfort room. He will not let this hand go today, that’s what he keeps on thinking about as he glanced at the still quiet Sungmin beside him.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
He never thought and expected this day would come that Kyuhyun would treat him nicely. Kyuhyun had brought him to an ice skating rink and Sungmin kept on protesting not to skate since he doesn’t know how to. Kyuhyun only smiled at him before he put the skating shoes on Sungmin.
 
 
“I don’t know how to do it. Please.” Sungmin begged, but Kyuhyun grabbed both of his hands and led him towards the rink to Sungmin’s horror.
 
 
He kept on protesting but Kyuhyun never let his hand go. “If you will keep on struggling, I’m going to kiss you.” 
 
 
Sungmin immediately shut his lips and allowed Kyuhyun to guide and teach him how to skate. His cheeks never stop from blushing hard with the way Kyuhyun was treating him. It feels like a dream, and Sungmin hope that this moment would not end.
 
 
After skating, Kyuhyun brought him to a fancy restaurant. He wanted to back out when he saw how elegant the place looks like, but Kyuhyun held his hand tightly. When they entered the restaurant, Sungmin noticed that there was no one inside, except them and the staffs who greeted them in a very formal way.
 
 
“We own this and I especially booked this place just for us.” Kyuhyun said, as if reading Sungmin’s mind.
 
 
“B-but why do you have to do that?” Sungmin asked, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.
 
 
Kyuhyun led him towards a table and pulled the chair for him. Sungmin sat and Kyuhyun leaned towards him, sending shivers against his spine as he felt the latter’s breath on his ear. “We’ll talk later. As of now, let’s enjoy this moment, okay?” Sungmin kept quiet as his heart began to race. Kyuhyun sat on his chair, before ordering the food.
 
 
They began to eat in silence, but Sungmin can feel Kyuhyun’s stare on him. “I-is there something on my face?” He asked after he began to feel uncomfortable.
 
 
“Nothing.” Kyuhyun replied. “I love staring at your face.”
 
 
Sungmin almost choke when he heard that. What is happening to Kyuhyun, seriously? He can’t help but asked himself.
 
 
After eating, Kyuhyun never let his gaze go away from Sungmin, which made the latter become almost annoyed. “Kyuhyun, what is really going on with you? You kept on staring at me and it’s really uncomfortable.”
 
 
“I told you, I love staring at your face.” Kyuhyun replied while he rested his chin on his palm. Sungmin glared at him before turning his head away from Kyuhyun. “You are really cute.”
 
 
“Whatever.” Sungmin replied angrily.
 
 
Kyuhyun stood up and went to stand behind Sungmin, making the latter feel all nervous. Suddenly, he felt Kyuhyun’s hands on his neck and a cold thing touch his skin. He looked down and saw a heart-shaped necklace with a silver star in the center.
 
 
“It really suits you.” Kyuhyun whispered behind Sungmin as his hand caressed Sungmin’s neck.
 
 
“B-but why-“
 
 
“I had never given you anything since you became my fiancée. This necklace is something that would represent me in your life. I hope you will always wear it wherever you go.”
 
 
Sungmin turned his head and saw the sadness in Kyuhyun’s eyes again. “W-what do you mean?”
 
 
Kyuhyun smiled before kneeling in front of Sungmin. “I always hurt you; always made you cry. I you, and that was the worst thing I had ever done to you, Sungmin. I know you can never forgive me for what I had done and I don’t deserve someone so pure and kind person like you.”
 
 
Sungmin was confused as he continues to stare at Kyuhyun’s eyes. But he can feel himself starting to shake in nervousness with anticipation to whatever Kyuhyun was going to tell him.
 
 
“I am letting you go.”
 
 
Sungmin’s eyes widened. He felt his heart was torn into pieces when he heard those unexpected words from Kyuhyun. He felt like he was hearing it wrong. Sungmin wanted to say something. He wanted to stop Kyuhyun as he saw the latter getting up and smiling at him in a sad way, but his words were seemed to be stuck on his throat.
 
 
“I called Siwon to fetch you here.” Kyuhyun said before caressing Sungmin’s cheek. “Can I kiss you for the last time?”
 
 
Without waiting for Sungmin’s reply, Kyuhyun closed the gap between their lips. Sungmin’s tears fell down as he felt how Kyuhyun was kissing him in a gentle way. He felt his heart ache and he never wanted this to end. He began to kiss Kyuhyun back, but to his surprise, Kyuhyun immediately let him go.
 
 
He turned his back towards Sungmin and saw Siwon standing at the entrance watching them. “I may not be able to let you go if you kiss me back.”
 
 
“W-wait!” Sungmin called as he watched Kyuhyun walked away from him. He stood up and was about to follow Kyuhyun when he saw Siwon standing beside the latter.
 
 
“What are you doing?” Siwon asked Kyuhyun as soon as the latter stood beside him.
 
 
“Take care of him.” Kyuhyun said while lowering his gaze.
 
 
“Are you not going to regret this?” Siwon asked him again.
 
 
“If it is you, I won’t regret anything. I know you will take care and love him more than I do.” Kyuhyun replied.
 
 
“Where are you going?” Siwon asked as he saw Kyuhyun walking towards the entrance.
 
 
“I’m going to start living normally and prove to Grandpa that I can handle the company without his stupid tradition.” Kyuhyun replied before walking away.
 
 
Siwon smirked before whispering to himself. “What a stubborn kid.” 
 
 
Sungmin can’t hear what Siwon and Kyuhyun had been talking, but when he saw Kyuhyun walking away, his feet began to move on its own and he followed Kyuhyun outside, ignoring Siwon.
 
 
“Why are you doing this?” Sungmin asked as soon as he saw Kyuhyun. The latter paused and gave Sungmin a cold stare.
 
 
“What? You wanted to be treated like a toy again? I am letting you go now before I could you again. Remember that I had bought you and I have the right to throw you away if you are not needed anymore. And since I got tired of you, you are free to go now.”
 
 
Sungmin gritted his teeth in anger before slapping Kyuhyun’s right cheek. “You’re so heartless.”
 
 
Kyuhyun was surprise with what Sungmin had done, but he knows he cannot take his words back. He chuckled before he turned away from Sungmin. “Finally you realize now.”
 
 
Sungmin broke down and cried as Kyuhyun walked away from him. So, he was only being used. He was hoping that today would be the start of something new for the both of them, but he was wrong. Kyuhyun had always treated him like a toy from the start and played with his emotions. How can he fell in love with someone like him?
 
 
“Sungmin.” Siwon whispered in worry as he wrapped Sungmin’s shaking form in his arms.