The Fiancé

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Sungmin clutched his bag tightly as he stopped in front of a large gate. He looked around and glanced at the small paper he was holding, thinking that he had come to the wrong address. But there were no other houses around and he felt nervous all of a sudden. He peeked inside through the gate’s rail and saw a large mansion and he can’t help but gape at how beautiful it is. It seemed like he was transported to another place and time. He can’t help but feel like he had been here and a sense of familiarity enveloped him.
 
 
“Having déjà vu?” 
 
 
Sungmin flinched upon hearing a familiar voice behind him and immediately turned to look at that person. He saw Siwon standing behind him with that warm smile of his. “S-Siwon, you scare me.” He exclaimed as his free hand touch his fast thumping heart. How did he even read Sungmin’s mind?
 
 
“Sorry for that.” Siwon said sheepishly. “By the way, what are you doing here?”
 
 
Sungmin stared at Siwon in thoughts. He was thinking whether he should tell him or not. Sungmin is used to being alone and never had any friends at school. He can’t trust anyone since people had always taken advantage of him. It is only Heechul whom he considered his everything that sometimes he wonders if they were not cousins, would he fall in love with him.
 
 
Maybe. Wait! What is he even thinking about? He can never think about Heechul in that way.
 
 
“Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?” Siwon asked in concern, making Sungmin stop on spacing out.
 
 
“I… I was spacing out.” Sungmin replied and a small tint of pink spread across his cheeks. Siwon smiled and he quickly lowered his gaze. “I actually came here to work.”
 
 
“Work?” Siwon asked again and looked around in confusion. “Where?”
 
 
Sungmin looked at the large mansion and handed the small paper to Siwon, making the latter widened his eyes in surprise after reading the address.
 
 
“Could it be-“ Siwon paused and stared at Sungmin’s back and his expression suddenly changed, but he tried his best to control all of the emotions that’s running through him. “You are going to work at this place?”
 
 
Sungmin only nod his head in reply. He doesn’t want to give any more information to Siwon. Who knows who this Siwon guy really is?
 
 
“I’ll take you inside, then.”
 
 
Sungmin quickly turned his head to Siwon in surprise. “You will take me inside?”
 
 
Without answering Sungmin, Siwon took the latter’s bag and went towards the gate and opened it to Sungmin’s surprise.
 
 
“H-how-“ 
 
 
“I live here.” Siwon replied and walked inside the gate.
 
 
“What?” Sungmin exclaimed in disbelief. His boss is Siwon? 
 
 
“Hurry up. He’s waiting for you.” Siwon called him and he quickly followed the young man inside.
 
 
“Welcome back, Master Siwon.” A guy in black suit greeted them and bowed slightly at Siwon.
 
 
“Hyung, please. Stop calling me like that. Siwon is enough.” Siwon said in a gentle manner that made the guy smile, showing his dimple.
 
 
“But you know I can’t do that when there is a stranger around.” The guy replied as he observed a shy Sungmin standing beside Siwon.
 
 
“He’s not a stranger. He’s going to be part of this family.” Siwon replied earning him a knowing look from the guy, before giving Sungmin’s bag to him. “Take care of him. Make sure that brat is not hurting him.” Siwon added before walking away.
 
 
There was a moment of silence as they both watched Siwon disappear inside the house. The guy in black suit decided to break the silence as he grabbed Sungmin’s hand. “I am Park Jungsu. Call me Leeteuk. What’s your name?”
 
 
“I… I’m Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin replied shyly.
 
 
“Welcome to this mansion, Master Sungmin.” Leeteuk said with a smile on his face.
 
 
“M-master Sungmin? But I will work-“
 
 
“Yes. You are going to fulfill your duty starting today, young master.” Leeteuk replied as he started walking towards the house. 
 
 
“Duty? Please stop calling me master. I only came here to-“
 
 
“So, you are the one that they are talking about.”
 
 
Both Leeteuk and Sungmin paused on their tracks. Leeteuk immediately composed himself and bowed at the taller guy in front of him. Sungmin was confused and he turned around to look at the newcomer and the moment that their gazes met, Sungmin swore that his heart would soon jump out of his ribcage. The taller guy was also surprised to see him.
 
 
‘I just wish that it was you.’
 
 
Those words began echoing inside his head, words that made him lose his sleep as he looked at the guy in front of him. He remembered their conversation yesterday.
 
 
“I never thought that we’ll meet again. But I never thought that you will accept the engagement money they have given that easily. I thought you are not like other people.” 
 
 
That cold voice and his cold words made Sungmin speechless. What happened? 
 
 
“I was looking forward to see what kind of person that they bought. Now, I know.”
 
 
Bought. What is he talking about? Sungmin was confused with what is happening.
 
 
Still receiving no reply, the taller guy turned his back and called Leeteuk. “I don’t want him to meet my family in that manner. Teach him some etiquette and whatever that needs to be fixed with him. I’ll go to my room to prepare those things that will be needed for our upcoming wedding.”
 
 
“Wait!” Sungmin called, making the taller guy looked at him. “I don’t know what you are talking about. But I came here to work as a butler. I will do my best and I will make sure that you did not regret in having me here.” He said in determination. He will not lose to this guy. He was not bought, he was paid! This guy is really cold and arrogant, and Sungmin is determined to give him a lesson.
 
 
“I see.” The taller guy smirked. “This is your way of seducing me, huh? Pretending that you don’t know anything.” The taller guy walked closely towards Sungmin and soon their faces were only mere inches apart, making Sungmin blushed hard. “You know, I got a turn on whenever I see an innocent and cute image in front of me. So stop playing innocent before I jump on you. We don’t want that to happen before our wedding day. Or you want to do it as soon as possible? What do you say?”
 
 
“W-what wedding?” Sungmin can’t help but stutter, making the taller guy smirked evilly.
 
 
“Still playing innocent, huh?” The taller guy said and grabbed Sungmin’s face and connected their lips. Leeteuk turned around to give the ‘couple’ some privacy.
 
 
Sungmin’s eyes widened in surprise and his body froze. His mind seemed to stop functioning and all he can do was allow this guy to steal his first kiss. What trouble did he walk into? If he’s going to work in this place, with this erted guy around, he doesn’t know if he can stay here any longer.
 
 
Tears fell down from his eyes and images of his sick cousin and Siwon’s gentle smile clouded his mind. This is not what he came for. He came here to work and not to be treated like this.
 
 
‘I just wish that it was you.’
 
 
Those words again. If this guy is going to get married soon, why is he kissing him? What did he do to deserve this kind of treatment from him?
 
 
The guy broke the kiss and when he saw the tears from Sungmin’s eyes, he immediately turned around. “From now on, you are going to fulfill your duty as my fiancé. You are going to be Cho Kyuhyun’s soon-to-be husband and I don’t want you to embarrass me in front of other people. Let Leeteuk teach you all the things you needed to know.” He said before walking away.
 
 
F-fiancé?! Sungmin was dumbfounded. I am his fiancé?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----
 
 
(a/n) Sorry for the late update.....T__T