Heechul

The Prince's Fiancé

 

Dinner with the Cho family is still the same. There’s Hankyung who never fails to flirt with Sungmin, Kyuhyun’s parents who treats Sungmin like their own son, Siwon who would always love to steal glances at Sungmin, and Kyuhyun who is still cold towards him.

 

Sungmin is starting to get used to it, but not with Kyuhyun. He found that as the days go by, he is starting to get more nervous around the guy and he sometimes doesn’t want to see him for he can feel his heart was being squeezed tight on his chest whenever he met those cold glances from Kyuhyun.

 

“Young master, forgive me. But there was someone looking for you.” Leeteuk said, interrupting Sungmin’s thoughts.

 

Sungmin stared at Leeteuk in confusion. Who could it be? As far as he can remember, he doesn’t have enough friends at school.

 

“At this time?” Suddenly, there was something in the tone of Kyuhyun’s voice that made Sungmin looked at him. But when he saw that piercing stare again, Sungmin lowered his gaze immediately.

 

“He said he’s someone important to the young master. Should I let him in?” Leeteuk replied.

 

“He?” Kyuhyun wondered and looked at Sungmin. “You are not committing any infidelity before our wedding, are you?”

 

“I am not!” Sungmin quickly replied, and saw Kyuhyun smirked.

 

“Then why is he someone special to you?”

 

“I…”

 

“Stop it, Kyu.” Hankyung butted in before looking at Sungmin’s teary eyes. “We are still having our dinner. But if the guest says he’s someone special to Sungmin, why not let him in and join us? That way we could get to know more about our Sungminnie and this guy.”

 

“Well then,” Kangin started and looked at Leeteuk. “Leeteuk, please bring Sungmin’s guest here to join us for dinner.”

 

Sungmin doesn’t know anyone who could be special to him. He doesn’t have any friends at school or at his work. He looked at Siwon, who only smiled at him as he continues on eating his food in silence. He is Sungmin’s first real friend and somehow he can consider Siwon as his important friend, but not someone special.

 

“Sungminnie?”

 

That voice. Could it be?

 

Sungmin turned his head and to his surprise, his dearest cousin was standing wide-eyed beside Leeteuk. “Is that you, Sungminnie?”

 

Sungmin smiled happily and immediately ran towards his cousin to hug him, making him forget he was in front of Kyuhyun and his family. He felt so happy to see Heechul and all of the stress and nervousness he was feeling were all gone when he saw him again after a long time. It feels like a dream to be in his cousin’s arms again. Oh! How he missed him!

 

Soon, tears fell down his eyes and Heechul quickly wiped it away. “Why are you not visiting me, huh?” Heechul asked and pouted his lips making Sungmin smile at him. “If I don’t love you, I will never ever forgive you for what you had done and come here to look for you.” Heechul continued as he hit Sungmin’s head, making the latter groaned in pain.

 

“Sorry to interrupt your sweet moments.” Hankyung said and Sungmin was surprised to see him standing behind him. He looked around and suddenly noticed the other’s reactions. Kangin and Yoona looked confused, while both Siwon and Kyuhyun had those cold eyes on his cousin. He wanted to say something, but he felt Heechul squeezed his right hand and saw his cousin’s evil smirk. He suddenly felt nervous, for he knows his cousin is planning something.

 

“Who is this beauty in front of me?” Hankyung asked as he stared at Heechul dreamily.

 

“I’m Kim Heechul.” Heechul replied and ignore Hankyung’s hand for a shake, making the latter feel embarrassed. He hugged Sungmin possessively and stared at Kyuhyun. “Mind if I take my Sungmin out of here to have some private time with him?”

 

“Why do you even need my permission?” Kyuhyun snarled at him which made Heechul smirked.

 

“Nothing. I just want to know if you will care. But since you’re not, I’m going to take my baby out of here.” Oh! Heechul is really enjoying the jealous look on Kyuhyun’s face. But it was only him who knew it.

 

“Baby? Hyung, I am not a-“ Sungmin’s other words were being silenced by Heechul’s lips and his eyes widened with what his cousin did.

 

A loud gasp was heard from Hankyung, Kangin and Yoona after witnessing what Heechul had done. Kyuhyun clenched both of his fists in anger, while Siwon can only grit his teeth. Heechul really loves those reactions from them.

 

“I don’t want you to see more than a kiss. So, I will take my Sungminnie out of here to have some private time with him.”

 

With that, Heechul dragged the still stunned Sungmin out of the dining room.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

Sungmin asked his cousin as soon as they arrived at his shared room with Kyuhyun. Heechul’s playful smirk was long gone as he looked at Sungmin.

 

“Is that the proper way on how you will ask your precious cousin how he is after the operation?”

 

Sungmin lowered his gaze in guilt. “I’m sorry, hyung.”

 

“Why did you do this? Why did you quit your studies? If I did not read the news about you getting married to that Cho on the newspaper, I wouldn’t know what is happening to you. How on earth did you like someone as cold and arrogant like him?” Heechul asked trying to suppress his anger towards what his cousin had done.

 

“I did it because I wanted to save you.” Sungmin answered.

 

“Do you think you can save me by quitting your studies? What were you thinking? I sacrificed a lot so I can give you a good future that I know I will never have.” Heechul yelled in anger and Sungmin remained silent. He doesn’t want to argue with Heechul and the feeling of guilt is eating him up.

 

Heechul walked towards the window and let a deep sigh go. “Sungmin, do you really like that Cho for you to forget about me and quit studying just to get married to him?”

 

“Hyung, it’s not like that. You don’t understand.” Sungmin replied.

 

Heechul looked at him. “Then tell me everything that I need to know.”

 

“H-honestly, I don’t have any idea that I will be Kyuhyun’s fiancé.” Sungmin said carefully.

 

Heechul’s eyes widened in disbelief. “What?”

 

Sungmin started to tell his cousin about his first meeting with Kyuhyun, how he had saved a girl, then meeting an old man who offered him a job as a butler in this mansion. He told Heechul everything and his cousin remained quiet as he listened carefully to what he was saying.

 

“I used the money that the old man gave me to save you, thinking that it was an advance payment for my job here. I never thought I would end up as someone’s fiancée. I quit studying because he said I need to concentrate on my job more.” Sungmin said as he sat at the edge of the bed, and tears fell down his eyes. “I know you had sacrificed a lot so you can give me a good future, hyung. I can’t afford to see you suffering from your sickness, so I decided to sacrifice something for you too. You are the only family that I had left and I don’t know what I will do if I lose you. I am really sorry, Hyung.” Sungmin said between sobs.

 

“Sungmin.” Heechul can only say as he kneeled in front of Sungmin and enveloped him in a tight hug.

 

Kyuhyun, who decided to follow Sungmin, heard everything. He finally knew why Sungmin was here as his fiancée. Guilt from whatever hurtful things he had done to Sungmin started eating him up. His chest hurts as he continues to listen to Sungmin’s sobs. He wanted to go inside and hugged him and apologized for what he had done.

 

After a few minutes, Heechul came out of the room and was surprised to see Kyuhyun standing outside.

 

“He’s sleeping.” Heechul said as he carefully closed the door behind him. Kyuhyun only nod his head in reply. “He is a very naïve and a very kind-hearted kid.” Heechul continued with a smile on his lips. “I always wished that someday he will find someone who will take care of him more than I did. He’s so special to me, and he’s the only family I left.”

 

Kyuhyun remained silent.

 

“Can you please be kind to him?”

 

“No.” Kyuhyun replied, making Heechul looked at him in anger. “Being kind to him is not the only thing I want.”

 

Heechul’s angry look was suddenly replaced by a confused one.

 

Kyuhyun looked at him. “Can I ask your permission to please allow me to be that someone who will take care of him more than you did?”

 

Heechul saw the sincerity in Kyuhyun’s eyes, and slowly a smile formed on the corner of his lips.