For your future, I am willing to give up.

To my; Faithful Husband.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PircGGp_Bxk

Please listen to this song while reading this chapter, thanks!^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thump, thump, thump. The sound pounded against my ear, what is that sound? Weakly, I opened my eyes. Where am I? I questioned myself. I scanned the surrounding and I realized I am in the hospital. How long had I been in comma? I wondered.

“You are awake!” The nurse gasped in awe. “Doctor!” She screamed and run out of the room. I closed my eyes, I guess, I must have been sleeping for a long period of time right? Later, the doctor gave me a checkup. “How are you feeling Mr. Yoon?” He asked and I nodded.

“I will inform your wife right away.” He said hurriedly. In an instant, I reached my hand and grabbed his hand. Then, I pulled my oxygen mask away, “pardon me…could you bring me a cellphone?” I requested and he nodded in suspicions.

The phone is rings; I let out a breath and wait for him to answer. “Hello?” He answered. “Yonghwa…” I whispered and there was silent. “DooJoon?!” He was astonished. “You are awake?!” His voice was trembling. “Yea…” I let out a soft smile. “Can you…bring the will I made before this situation happens?” I said and Yonghwa remains quiet. “Are you serious?” He asked and I agreed.

Afterwards, “DooJoon!” Mum rushed in with tears rolling down her cheeks. She embraced me tightly, “I am elated that you woke up now. Do you know how worried we were?” She cried. “Sorry…” I apologized. That was the only thing I can do.

She pulled away, “I have wonderful news for you. You will be jumping with joy.” Mum winked and I was left in doubts. She grasped onto my shoulder, “you are going to be a father.” She beams and I was dumbfounded. “What?” I asked. “You are going to be a daddy! Your wife is having a three months old baby in her stomach!” He smile widens and I was overwhelmed. I am a father?

An hour later, she arrived and she was panting so hard. “You shouldn’t run you are carrying a life in your tummy.” Mum nagged. However, she turned a deaf ear on her. She ran towards me and hugged me tightly. Her body was trembling and there was not a space in between us. Her hugs were so warm and I hope I would not lose it but…

Yonghwa knocked the door, “can I have a conversation with _____ privately?” I requested and she was confused. Yonghwa was there, standing at the edge of the room and hanging his head low. The atmosphere was so tense, “yes?” She broke the ice and I inhale a mouthful of oxygen.

I handed her the document and she read it immediately. Her eyes widen in shocked, “divorce?” She stuttered. “What is the meaning of this?” She held onto my hands tightly. “After our divorce, I will give you my entire premises, vehicles and money.” I looked away, avoiding her. I am unable to face her. “Do you think I marry you for your money, Yoon DooJoon?!” She ragged.

“Isn’t it enough? I can give you more. What do you want? My company? The house we live in now?” I added and she sobbed. “I only want you…your love, your care and you being beside me…” She mumbled and my heart turned sour. I am sorry, that’s the only thing I can do because I am unable to provide her with her needs she wants. My life is ending soon, my time is running out.

“How about our baby?” She questioned and I felt a pang on my heart. “Abort it…” I whispered with guilty. “What?” She was bewildered. “I said, abort the baby.” I raised my voice and she was speechless. I caught onto her wrist, “it’s for your future! You are still young, you can meet other better man and get marry again! With this baby, you are unable to do that! The baby will be a burden to you!” I spited out and her heart shredded into thousands of pieces.

She shook her head, “I will not abort her, the baby is our treasure…The only blood and fresh we had now. He or she is so important to us; it is the thing we have looked forward to…” She was shivering in fear. “So? That baby came to the wrong timing! I don’t want it anymore.” I vexed.

She took a few steps backwards, shaking her head. “I would not agree with it.” She assured. “Then, I will do it my way.” I said firmly. She embraced her stomach, “I will protect the baby.” She said sternly too and she left the room.

Yonghwa shuttled the door, “are you nuts?! You want to kill your own child?!” He shouted at me. “Tell me what to do then! Imagine, who is going to take care of her when I died?! She is going to have a hard life and her happiness will be ruining!” My eyes turn teary. “I don’t want to kill my own child too…” I cried and sank into despair.

At night, I sat onto the bed and glanced out the window. I coughed and I can sense that my body is getting weaker each day. I looked around the room and I found a recorder on the table. I plucked the ear-piece into my ear, “thump thump.” It that sound again. I stared at the name of the tape, “heartbeat of my child. We will wait for you.” She wrote and I soften. Did I make the wrong move?

I lay down and closed my eyes. I listened to the heartbeat and fall asleep. In my dream, I was wondering around an empty space. “Papa.” A sweet smile called and I turned around. I saw a baby girl and she walks towards me. “Papa.” She smiled when I carried her in my arms.

She was beautiful; she has snow-white skin and a pair of big eyes. She is the combination of my wife and me. Then, she laid her head on my shoulder and her hands rested on my chest. It’s warm…Suili…the name appear from my brain. I like this name. Yoon Suili...

---------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, please enjoy this chapter! ^^

Hwaitting! ^^