Missed Target

Goodbye Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria went to her class the next day with a huge smile. She wore a black blouse, knee high tight black skirt with a pair of black heeled boots. She called it her ‘mourning outfit’. She thought it will be appropriate for her to wear it for the ‘celebration’ of Wooyoung funeral. She entered her class full of confident. She smirked when she sees Nichkhun empty space.

 

“Pity Khun, had to be a widower at such a young age. He must be so sad right now. Looks like I’m going have to comfort him later,” thought Victoria with her evil smile, imagining herself by Nichkhun side. The lecturer entered the class and was ready to begin her lecture. Victoria on the other hand, is still dreaming about her getting and seducing Nichkhun, when a knock on the class door, shake her out of her thought.

 

Her eyes widen when she saw the person standing at the front. “Jang Wooyoung!” Her breathing gets heavier, her nose begins to flare, her face was red, showing her anger. All of her dream and imagination was broken to pieces. “What is he still doing here, breathing and alive??!!!!!” Victoria was fuming with rage.

 

*flashback*

 

Wooyoung was getting ready to cross the street. He was half way there when he lifted his face and saw Nichkhun panicked face, screaming at him. He turned his head to his right and he saw a car coming at him. He was too shocked to think making him froze at his spot. Before he can move, Wooyoung can feel Nichkhun pulling his body, so fast and so hard, making him land on top of Nichkhun at the side other side of the road.

 

He turned his head, trying to look at the car, seeing it was driven away very fast. Wooyoung can’t even see the driver face because of the heavily tinted car window and also because it was already night. He can only see the car plate number. A groan of pain from under him, divert his attention back to NIchkhun.

 

“Baby, are you ok?” asked Nichkhun, his face frowning, trying to bear the pain. “I…I’m ok Khun. What about you Khun?” answered Wooyoung still in shocked. Wooyoung then moved, trying to sit when Nichkhun screamed in pain. “Oh my god Khunnie, are you ok?” asked Wooyoung worriedly and he begins to cry.

 

“Arghh…I think I broke my leg,” answered Nichkhun, he was in pain. “Oh my god!!! What should I do?? I cannot drive, how to get you to hospital??” “Baby, calm down. Just call an ambulance or something.” “Taec hyung!! I’m calling Taec hyung.” Nichkhun does not agree with Wooyoung decision to call Taecyeon, but he was too much in pain to say anything. “Taec hyung! Help me!”

 

Within 5 minutes, Taecyeon had already arrived. His whole body was covered with sweat as he was running to get there. He quickly lifted Nichkhun and carried him to the back side of Nichkhun’s car. “Wooyoung get in the car. Go sit at the back side, make sure he doesn’t move much,” says Taecyeon to Wooyoung. Wooyoung just nodded quickly.

 

On the way to the hospital, Wooyoung tell Taecyeon what happen earlier while crying. Taecyeon just hear everything while driving. He finds something really odd about the whole incident. “If it was an accident, then why didn’t the driver stop when realize what happen? And why is he driving without the light on? Something is not right,” thought Taecyeon to himself.

 

Nichkhun was quickly rushed to the emergency room the moment they reached the hospital. Wooyoung and Taecyeon were waiting outside the room. Wooyoung was really worried about Nichkhun’s condition that he was pacing back and forth, crying his heart out. “Woo, calm down. He will be fine. Come, sit here,” says Taecyeon.

 

Wooyoung proceed to sit beside Taecyeon. “Hey, don’t cry. He is going to be ok.” “ Wooyoung just nodded, still crying. The doctor then came out from the ER. He informed that Nichkhun’s suffered a broken ankle on his right leg. He was required to wear a cast for about 6-8 weeks. Other than that Nichkhun was fine. Hearing that, Wooyoung let out a huge sigh of relieved.

 

Taecyeon went to settle everything needed for Nichkhun admittance to the ward. Wooyoung on the other hand, called his in-law, informing the incident and Nichkhun’s condition. His in-law was really shocked upon hearing that and was on their way to the hospital.

 

“Woo, it’s already late now, so, I think I will be going home. Will you be ok by yourself?” asked Taecyeon. “Uhm..i think I will be fine. Plus Nichkhun’s parents are on their way. Thank you very much hyung. I don’t know what would happen if you weren’t there.” Wooyoung tip toed on his feet, kissing Taecyeon cheeks. Taecyeon just give Wooyoung a warm smile.

 

Taecyeon was about to leave when he remembered something. “Woo, do you still remember the car plate number? The one that try to run over you?” Wooyoung nodded. “Can you give me the number?” Wooyoung then wrote the number on a piece of paper and give it to Taecyeon. Taecyeon then exit the hospital and hopped on a taxi. He then reached his phone and called his brother. “Hello, Seulong hyung. I need your help. I need you to help me to trace a vehicle. The driver tried to run over my friend. Ok..I will text you the car plate number”.

 

Wooyoung was seating beside Nichkhun’s bed in his ward. Nichkhun was still sleeping. Wooyoung stares at Nichkhun with a sad expression. Nichkhun leg was in a cast, and he has a few scratches on his hand. Wooyoung eyes begins to tear again. His silent cry slowly turned into a loud out, when he sobbing really hard.

 

Nichkhun seems to hear it as he slowly opened his eyes just to see Wooyoung crying hard beside him. “Baby, why are you crying? I’m fine,” says Nichkhu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter