Realization

Goodbye Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun sleeps really well that night. When he woke up this morning, Wooyoung was in his arm, snuggling to his chest. He tightened his arm around Wooyoung, inhaling the younger sweet and soothing scent. Wooyoung was still sleeping soundly. “Maybe he is still tired from yesterday,” thought Nichkhun. He was still in cloud nine when a soft meowing coming from behind Wooyoung.

 

“Bubu, you’re awake. Are you hungry?” whispered Nichkhun to the little kitten. The kitten then meow loudly indicating that he is hungry. “Shhh…..don’t meow so loud. Let your master sleeps more. He is tired. Come, I’ll feed you,” Nichkhun then pick up the kitten and proceed to leave his room. When he opened his door, he spotted Wooyoung’s doll that he left outside yesterday night. He then kicked the doll, not before glaring at it.

 

He when downstairs and go straight to the kitchen, looking for the cat food. “You look like your master when you eat. Eat slowly Bubu,” says Nichkhun to the kitten. While waiting for the kitten to eat, he makes himself a cup of coffee. He was enjoying his drink when his father suddenly came into the kitchen.

 

“Khun, do you know where is Wooyoung? I went to his room but he was not there. It’s still early in the morning, where could he be?” asked his father, worry was written all over his face. “Uhm…hmmm… he is in my room. He sleeps there last night.” The worried look on his father face was slowly being replaced by a small smile.

 

“Why are you smiling dad? We did do anything. Yesterday we watch some alien movie and apparently because of that he was too scared to sleep alone so he came to my room to sleep with me. We’re not alone ok. Bubu was there too,” explain Nichkhun with a blushed face. His father eyes caught the ring on Nichkhun’s finger, so he just continued smiling and leaves the kitchen.

 

“Oh, you’re done. Let’s go back upstairs,” Nichkhun then pick up the kitten meanwhile his other hand holding his coffee. When he arrived in front of his room, he again spotted the plush doll. A smirk appeared on his face. He then went closer to the doll and oh so ‘accidently’ spill his coffee on the doll. “Oppsss…my bad. Look Bubu, I accidently spilled my coffee onto your master beloved doll. Too bad,” says Nichkhun while smirking.

 

Nichkhun opened his bedroom door and he sees that Wooyoung is still asleep. “Your master sure sleeps well Bubu.” Nichkhun went to his bed, staring at Wooyoung’s face. “He sleeps like a baby. Cute,” thought Nichkhun while smiling. He then took his phone and snapped some of sleeping Wooyoung photo and turned the picture as his wallpaper. Satisfied with work, he then continues to stare at Wooyoung, feeling the urge to kiss him. 

 

Instead of his lips, Nichkhun peck the tip of Wooyoung nose. It seems like the peck woke Wooyoung up because the younger slowly open his eyes. Seeing Nichkhun face so close to him, was very shocking for Wooyoung that he ended up rolling backward, falling from the bed, landed on his poor bum. His heart was beating quickly. He lifted his face and found Nichkhun was laughing at him.

 

When Nichkhun laugh finally subside, he look at Wooyoung, who was still on the floor looking shocked. “Are you ok Wooyoung?” asked Nichkhun. “Uhm…I’m ok. What time is it?” “9.30.. Why? Do you have a class today?” asked Nichkhun again. “Yes, I have a class today at 12. Then I have a study session with Taec Hyung at…” Wooyoung was cut off by Nichkhun lips.

 

“I’ve already told you right, everytime you say his name, I will kiss you,” says Nichkhun irritated. Wooyoung just cover his mouth with his left hand when he realized something different. He stares at his hand and he notice he was wearing a ring. “It’s beautiful. But this is not mine? I didn’t remember wearing a ring before bed yesterday,” thought Wooyoung.

 

Seeing Wooyoung puzzled face, Nichkhun knew it was about the ring. “Ehem…my dad gave us the ring for the wedding, but I didn’t feel like giving it to you at that time. I was cleaning my drawer last night and I found that ring. So, I wore mine and I gave you yours.” explained Nichkhun. Wooyoung just nodded his head, confusion still visible on his face.

 

“Are you sure you want to give it to me?” asked Wooyoung. “ Huh? What do you mean?” “I mean, this is a wedding ring. Don’t you want to give it to Victoria? It’s ok if you want to give it to Victoria. You don’t have to feel guilty to me,” says Wooyoung, getting ready to take off the ring, sadness visible on his face. Nichkhun then quickly stopped Wooyoung and stares at him.

 

He closed the gap between them with a deep kiss, tongue clashing each other, ignoring Wooyoung words that he just woke up and still haven’t brush his teeth yet. “You need to stop talking like this. Do you do it on purpose so that I would kiss you, Jang Wooyoung? You just have to ask me to kiss you, do not talked like this anymore understand? We’re married, I’m your husband and this ring belongs to you. Bury that in your little head. Don’t ever take this ring off. Now go and take a shower. You need to prepare me a breakfast,” says Nichkhun.

 

Wooyoung just nodded his head and proceed to his room. “Come Bubu,” the kitten quickly followed Wooyoung from behind. “Eh? What happened to my doll?” Wooyoung was shocked to see his doll covered in something that smells like coffee. Instead of answering Wooyoung, Nichkhun just quickly went to his bathroom to take his shower. Nichkhun just sigh in relieve once inside, “That was close.”

 

Wooyoung was washing his face on the sink when he sees his reflection on the bathroom mirror. The ring look so beautiful and it look so good on this finger, thought Wooyoung. He smiles shyly remembering what happened for the past few days. “Mom, Dad, Grandpa, could it be that I will finally be happy?” asked Wooyoung.

 

After done with his shower, Wooyoung went downstairs to prepare the breakfast. He sees that Nichkhun was already waiting downstairs. “Uhm.. What do you want for breakfast? Seeing that it’s already 10.30 how about brunch instead of breakfast?” asked Wooyoung. “Good idea. How about Budae Chigae? Do you know how to do it?” “I do.” answer Wooyoung.

 

Wooyoung then starts cooking. “Uhm.. Khun can you help me cook the rice?” “Yes. Of Course,” replied Nichkhun. A wonderful smell coming out from the kitchen and it draws Mrs. Horvejkul to come. “Hmmm.. Something smells good. What are you guys doing?” asked Mrs. Horvejkul. “Wooyoung cooked brunch for us. It’s Budae Chigae. We’re almost done cooking. Do you want to eat with us mom? Wooyoung cook more than enough,” says Nichkhun. “Sure, your dad and I only ate toast for breakfast. I’m quite hungry now.” “Ok then, you just waits at the dining table. Wooyoung is almost done.”

 

After 5 minutes, the food was done. Nichkhun helps Wooyoung carry the bubbling stew to the table while Wooyoung scooping the rice for them. The truth is, he was a bit nervous to have Mrs. Horvejkul tastes his food since it is the first time. Mrs. Horvejkul was the first person to taste the stew. Wooyoung heart was pounding, his palm was sweating. “What if Mrs. Horvejkul doesn’t like it?” Wooyoung thought was suddenly interrupted when he felt Nichkhun holding his hand under the table. Nichkhun gives a small smile to Wooyoung as if to calm him down and it works.

 

“Wow! I didn’t expect it to taste this good. I didn’t know you were a good cook Wooyoung. No wonder my son insist on eating your food. Umm..delicious. You should cook for us more often. Your father would really like this,” says Mrs. Horvejkul to Wooyoung. “It will be my pleasure mother,” says Wooyoung shyly. “See mom. I told you he can cook really well,” says Nichkhun, bragging and feels like a proud husband.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter