Chapter 20. Breaching the Lionesses defenses

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 20

“Noona…I would apologize for being so forward except…”His voice trailed off as he stared at her swollen lips.

“Except?” she asked him breathlessly.

“Except I want to do it again.”

At his words her legs buckled and she would have slid boneless to the floor had he not swept her up in his strong arms and brought her against his chest.

Carrying her over to one of the chairs he sat down with her on his lap and raised her chin so they were looking into one another’s eyes.

“Noona…I’m not very good at saying what I feel.”

Melody nodded slightly. “I know and normally I can figure out what you are feeling but…right now I have no idea what that is.”

One of his rare smiles blossomed on his face and her breath caught as it did every time, his smile was like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds.

His fingers ran through her hair to finger comb it while he held her and she blinked at the action.

“I’m not really sure what I feel but I can tell you I did not like it when N almost kissed you earlier.” He cringed inwardly as he realized what he had just reveled but he hoped she might not have noticed and when she first started talking he thought he had escaped.

“I couldn’t let him…I like N but only as a good friend, I mean yes he and I have already become very close but that’s…” Her voice trailed off as she frowned thoughtfully.

“Wait…how did you know N tried to kiss me?” Her eyes widened and she gasped outraged. “He TOLD you?!”

Leo shook his head and groaned at his mistake. “I kind of saw it.”

Melody looked at him in confusion and he confessed he had come to find out what was taking them so long but when that had happened he felt it would be awkward to show himself.

She nodded in understanding, ‘Well yes that makes sense.” Something teased the back of her mind, a memory that she couldn’t place her finger on until she really concentrated and she looked at him with dawning horror realizing he had heard her confessing to N her feelings about him.

Correctly understanding where her thoughts had taken her he smiled again as he leaned down to brush his lips against her own. “Does it really hurt when I touch you Noona?” His voice was slightly husky as he kissed the side of her neck and he could feel her pulse jumping.

“Ah..ah..aniyo.” she stuttered softly as she fought to keep her eyes open and stay clear headed.

Leaning back slightly to look at her he reached down to interlace their hands.

 “Leo.” She whispered softly hating herself for what she was doing, “We can’t do this. We live in two different worlds.”

He shook his head, “Right now we are in the same world. Can we not share this world together?”

Melody’s heart stopped for a moment at his words. Inwardly her mind cried out, sobbing at the unfairness of the situation. Still as she looked at his gentle face she felt the weakened defenses around her heart give out and the love she had felt for him all this time swept through her, ending any resistance she had left. She nodded without speaking and as he wrapped his arms around her, she wrapped her arms around his neck, tunneling her hands through his hair as his lips claimed hers again.

 

Ken stepped back from the door of the pool room and smiled. “Daebak.” Whistling he strolled back to the elevators to go back up to the room. He had to talk to N hyung and tell him what he had seen. For once he was glad he had woken up when Leo had been leaving. When he had not returned after his normal amount of work out time Ken had gone searching for him only to see him turning Melody around and kissing her.

He shook his head as he stepped out of the elevators onto their floor. If he hadn’t known better he would have thought he had front row seats watching a drama. Although, he tilted his head to the side thoughtfully as he put the card in the door and walked in, this very well might end up a sad drama if they weren’t careful.

Realizing N was still sleeping Ken took the moment to jump on the bed pouncing him. “Hyung! Wake up! You are never going to believe this.” ….