Chapter 29. The Lion's Prey

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 29

Melody cheered when Summer spiked the volleyball and gained a point. Receiving protests from the other team for being biased she grinned and ducked her head so the floppy blue sunbonnet covered her head face. Looking beside her she tilted her head trying to see if Leo who was lying on the blanket next to her was awake.  With his sunglasses on it was hard to tell and she didn’t want to disturb him if he was.

Without warning he lunged up and grabbed her around the waist to pull her down on top of him. A startled shriek escaped her as sand went flying when her legs flew up. Her breath came out with a whoosh as she landed on his solid chest and she peeked up at him shyly from lowered lashes.

“I guess you are awake.”

He rumbled a mhm more than spoke and she giggled at the feeling.

“The kids are having a goodtime. Are you sure you don’t want to play?

 

Barely moving he shook his head no. “I’m happy right here.”

An impishly smile lit her face and Leo wondered what she was up too.            

He had barely formed the thought when she reached over him and grabbed something from the cooler

“Better cool off mister.” She said before putting her freezing wet hands on his bare chest. Leo jumped at the touch realizing she must have just stuck her hands in the melted ice. Laughter erupted from her as she jumped to her feet to race to safety.

 With a grin he leapt to his own feet and gave chase down the beach to where Melody had run dangerously close to the water.

 

Her eyes widened as she saw him advancing on her like a lion with its prey and looking behind her she realized very quickly just what he had in mind.

“Ani…aniyo! Leo-ya…mianhae.” Even while silently congratulating herself for thinking in Korean instead of English she was lifted unmercifully in his arms.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she clung to him like a limpet. “Leo.” She pleaded with every ounce of cuteness she had. Her eyes were round as saucers as she pouted her lips. When he paused only a few steps into the water she smiled smugly thinking she had been saved. Moving her head her eyes landed on his mouth and she nervously her lips remembering the last time they had kissed. Leo lowered his head and her eyes closed in anticipation. Her heart thundering in her chest so loudly she didn’t even realize they were moving again until a wave splashed her behind, she opened startled eyes to see him smiling at her. “Aniyo!” she yelped as she was tossed into the water with a splash.

The cold water felt good against her heated skin but it was still enough of a shock to send her gasping to the surface quickly.

Sputtering she raised condemning eyes at him and felt her heart stutter as it always did when he smiled at her.

“I thought Noona needed to cool off?”

Melody’s mouth dropped opened in shock at his words and then closed quickly as she realized he probably meant literally and not where her dirty mind had just taken her. Still…looking at his curiously innocent expression she couldn’t help but wonder if he had meant something else.

The two swam back side by side toward where they had left the others instead getting out of the water and walking.

 

Not far from where the others played volleyball a small figure seethed in rage as they watched Leo and Melody’s interactions. They glanced over when they heard a squeal come from one of the girls and saw the little one called Yhinny fall in the sand, grabbed from the back by Ravi. The others over there laughed and quickly the person snapped a picture of Hongbin as he bent over laughing, his dimples showing deeply.

Watching as Leo and Melody rejoined the others the figure angrily tapped something out on their phone and simmered with jealousy over the members of 4D having so much fun with VIXX.

 

Trina collapsed on the sand with a dramatic groan her arm splaying across her tummy.

“I’m famished!”

The others agreed that it might be time for food as it was already midafternoon and the snacks they had brought were long gone. Gathering together their things the cheerful crowd discussed where to get food…