Chapter 8. Examining the Lioness

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 8

Melody quickly hugged the three members of Triple T before they hurried to take their places on stage. “Hwaiting Dongsaengs.” She whispered as the music started.

After all their practicing and hard work the time had finally come for them and she watched them sing and dance with pride.

What she didn’t know was that one person was watching her from further back in the darkened area off stage.

While the other members of VIXX exclaimed excitedly over the girls performing his eyes were drawn to the woman called Melody.

He took this chance to really look at her. Back at the room he had certainly had an eyeful of part of her though it was unintentional. She was short…maybe 160cm and her long brown hair with streaks of teal reached past mid back and he had noticed her bangs also were highlighted with the same teal color. He could still picture her sparkling chocolate eyes when they had stared back at him and the dimple he had seen on her left cheek.

Her skin was only a shade or two darker then N’s and he had noticed she had a sprinkling of freckles across her cheekbones.  When he had held her he had felt her body and was surprised at how it felt to hold someone who had the body of a woman who was not reed thin. Though she wasn’t built like the other female idols he had met he had felt the muscles in her legs and knew she must do some kind of exercising.

When she had spoken her voice had been low with a slightly husky sound to it that was calming and relaxing to listen to.

Leo thought back to when she had started giggling in the hotel room and felt his own lips twitch at the memory. Although he had not shown it then he had been fighting the urge to laugh when she had. Melody had the kind of laughter that invited anyone in ear shot to just join in, even if they had no clue why they were laughing. It was infectious.

Ken nudged N in the ribs to get his attention and when N turned to look he nodded towards Leo and then carefully raised a finger to point not to the right where they had been watching but straight ahead where a woman stood. Looking a second time he realized it was the woman from the hotel room, Melody.

“Hyung, he’s smiling.”

N jerked his eyes back to look at Leo and sure enough there was a slight upward curve to his lips as he looked at Melody. He felt an unfamiliar flash of jealously when he thought back to how the two had been looking at each other at the hotel but tramped it back down. It was obvious there was a mutual attraction between the two and even if he thought Melody was pretty he wasn’t going to say a word about it.

Looking at the two he wondered how he could throw them together again without the rest of the others being there to put a damper on the moment. He winced when he thought back to what had happened earlier, and yet…he nodded thoughtfully; it couldn’t have turned out any better.

He noticed Melody moving out of the corner of his eye and turned his full attention on her and blinked at what he saw.

Leo straightened when he saw her start moving and his eyebrow raised a fraction when he saw her imitating the move where they spelled out their name in dance movements.

Gathering his courage he took a step forward…