Chapter 17. Bathroom Confession

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 17

“Unni?” Yhinny asked concerned as she knocked gently on the bathroom door. Checking she realized it wasn’t locked and slipped inside to see Melody sitting on the edge of the tub her shoulders hunched as if she were waiting to be struck.

“Unni! Are you okay?” Yhinny flew over to put her arm around Melody’s shoulders.

“Ne, I’m okay.” Came the muffled reply from behind the hands covering her face.

Yhinny frowned, she had never seen Melody like this before and she didn’t know what to do.

Running a hand over her face and through her bangs causing them to fluff up and out of control Melody raised her pale face and smiled shakily.

“I’m sorry Sweetling. I just needed a moment away. I guess the excitement from today finally caught up to me.”

Yhinny’s eyes narrowed as she realized Melody wouldn’t look her in the face and was avoiding her gaze.

“It’s Leo Oppa isn’t it?” When Melody just shook her head Yhinny sighed. “Oh Unni…baka. Don’t you think we all know how you feel about him?” Covering Melody’s mouth with her hand when she started to protest Yhinny kept going, “Honestly Unni I think he likes you the way he’s been acting today. But…well…if I didn’t know better I would think N Oppa was your bias the way you two have been acting.”

Lowering Yhinny’s hand from Melody looked at her with a hurt expression. “What do you mean the way we have been acting?”

“Well…you two seem almost couple’ish the way you two talk and touch.”

Melody was shocked at her dongsaeng’s words. “But…I treat N just like I treat my real brother back home. He reminds me a lot of Oppa and we’re having fun.”

Yhinny groaned, “Well I know that…but does Leo Oppa?”

She kneaded her chin as she considered Yhinny’s words. Was it possible that he thought she liked N? She thought back to this evening when they had all been together and playing around. The idea did seem plausible, but did it even really matter? Even though Yhinny thought he might like her Melody had her doubts.

“Unni…Ravi Oppa asked me for my contact number.” Yhinny confessed softly.

Melody raised her head startled and looked at her in surprise. “Really?”

Yhinny nodded shyly. “I didn’t know what to tell him. I know we all talked earlier about pictures and talking about spending time with them to others and now I’m not sure what to do.”

A hundred thoughts and questions raced through Melody’s mind but she felt helpless because she had no answer for Yhinny. She just could not imagine how this could be a good idea. Right now they were living a fan girls dream and while they were all having a wonderful time Melody did not delude herself this would last after they left for home and VIXX went back to South Korea. A fan could dream and wish she could be with an Idol but the reality would be a far cry from expectation. With already full schedules it would be hard to spend time with one, not to mention that they would have to keep it a secret to prevent fans from harassing the girl or even going further and threatening or harming her. While Melody had only ever met sweet and kind Starlight’s she also knew the dangers of the Sasaeng, she refused to add the fan because what they did was not the way of a fan. Add on living in two different countries and the odds that were already slim were nearly impossible for a relationship to continue…friend or otherwise.

Looking down at her sweet dongsaeng’s face she wrapped her arms around her and held her tightly.

“I cannot tell you what to do Sweetling, only your heart can do that. I’ll support you whatever you decide.” Her little sister’s dilemma reinforced her decision not to tell Leo that she liked him. What would be the point? They could never be together. No, it was better this way. She would continue loving him from afar and supporting him as she always had.

Yhinny patted her cheek. “We should go back out there Unni. I’m sure someone needs the bathroom by now.”

Melody laughed and helped Yhinny to her feet and opened the door to see Leo standing with his hand raised to knock.

Her eyes widened as she stepped back startled, right onto Yhinny’s feet, who yelped in pain.

“Are you okay Noona?” His soft and gently voice made tighten with emotion and she could only nod. He started to say something then stopped and nodded to them before rejoining the others.

A muffled laugh caused her to turn to see Yhinny with her hand over her eyes watering with laugther. “One thing I won’t miss when he leaves…you being so clumsy. Honestly Unni I’ve never known you to ever be like this.” A snort escaped her at the evil look she received and she had to turn away to try to stop laughing.

Melody sniffed indignantly and left Yhinny laughing in the bathroom as she went back to the room.

N looked at her inquiringly and she shook her head with a small smile. He nodded and she looked around to find a place to sit. The space on the couch next to Leo was empty or there was a spot on the floor by Hyukie.

Without hesitating she went to the couch. “I really am a glutton for punishment.” She thought to herself as she sat down…