Chapter 16. The Lion's Touch

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 16

You have got to be kidding me she thought as she raised her eyes and met N’s eyes that were dancing with mischief as his body started shaking with silent laughter causing her body to move also.

“Don’t you dare.” She tried to warn sternly knowing that in the position she was in she doubted anyone was taking her seriously.

That did it! N let out a loud laugh and they both fought to keep their balance and gain firm footing as the room erupted with laughter.

N tumbled to the floor laughing and would have brought her with him but a strong arm grabbed her around the waist and lifted her away from the tangle of legs that were N, Ravi and Yhinny and for a moment she hung in the air staring at the floor stupidly wondering what was going on.  When she was set on her feet she stared meekly up at Leo. “Gomawo.”

He nodded and she caught a glimpse of a smile on his face before he turned to look at the others who were just a mess on the floor. Ken was giving all new meaning to rolling on the floor laughing and it seemed Summer had caught his silliness and had joined him.

Melody shook her head and grinned. “Must have been all that soda and candy.”

“Leo Hyung!” Ken shouted from the floor. Leo looked at him sharply and Ken just shook his head. “Never mind.” He said as he ducked behind Trina.

Melody took a couple pictures on her cell and on the camera Yhinny had left on the counter.

Spying an opening between all the bodies she grabbed Leo’s hand and made a beeline for the safety of the couch. It wasn’t until she climbed on it that she realized what she had done.

She nibbled her lip as she let go of his hand and looked at the ceiling suddenly fascinated by the tiles.

Ken and N watched from their positions on the floor and looked at each other and grinned when Leo sat next to Melody without saying a word.

Slapping his hands on his knees Ken lurched to his feet and swung Trina up next to him causing her to squeal in surprise. Melody shook her head and wondered if they had taken a class in handling woman bodily…not that she minded she thought remembering Leo’s arm around her waist.

“Let’s play the game!” He said excitedly.

Leo sat on the couch declining to play and they went a few rounds of rock, paper, scissors to see who would be first. Sanghyuk won and had done well until it came to the 4D members and then his nervousness was apparent as his poor hands trembled while touching their faces.

Trina went next and got Hongbin, Ken, and Ravi right.

Melody was talking quietly with N when Yhinny who was on her turn let out a little shriek. “Ravi! I know that was you!” She said yanking off the bandana and swatting him with it while he had a big grin on his face.  The others looked at her curiously and she grumbled. “He my hand.”

They all laughed as Ravi apologized and wrapped his arm around Yhinny’s waist while he wiped her hand off.

“Unni! It’s your turn.” Melody smiled and let Yhinny put the bandana on her.

She had barely touched the face in front of her when she felt his lips stretch into a smile and she immediately touched the cheek and felt the deep dimples. “Hongbin!”

Easily identifying Yhinny and Summer she examined the next one. Feeling his mouth moving beneath her fingers she rolled her eyes. “N I can feel your stank faces, get out of here.” He laughed as he moved and she quickly sent Trina and Ken on their way.

Knowing only Ravi and Sanghyuk remained she was confident on telling them apart since Hyukie had a smaller face then Ravi.

As the next person took his spot she placed her hands on his cheeks and frowned at the tingle she felt. She knew it wasn’t Hyukie but…it didn’t feel like Ravi. Quickly she ran through the list of who she had already identified and nibbled her lip in concentration. Behind the bandana her eyes flew open as her heart lurched. It couldn’t be…could it?

Her finger trembled as it traced his lips. “Leo,” she whispered. The lips beneath her finger curved into a brief smile and the bandana was taken off her eyes.

One hand reached out to cup her cheek and instinctively she turned to nuzzle against it, closing her eyes at the touch of his strong hand. She felt his finger gently trace her scar again and her heart slammed against her chest wall as though it were a bird trying to escape a cage.

Someone cleared their throat and her eyes flew open as Leo dropped his hands and returned to the couch.

Melody blinked dazed and N hurriedly had Ravi start his turn to give her a chance to collect herself.

Turning she fled to the bathroom and placed her cold hands against her burning cheeks…