Chapter 19- Without Words

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 19

The rush of fear had drained Melody of her strength and though she had stopped shaking she was still in Leo’s arms, her face buried into his shoulder.

Gradually she slowly turned her face to lay her cheek against his shoulder and look up at him.

“Noona I am so sorry. I truly didn’t mean to cause you fear.” Her heart ached at the guilt in his voice and she raised her right hand to pat his cheek lightly.

“It’s okay; I should have been paying more attention to my surroundings. I just love the water and everything else fades away. It’s like what happens when I dance, only even more so.”

Carefully she tried to move out of his arms without appearing to obvious but she had only barely moved when he tightened his arms around her. Startled Melody looked up and saw a confused look on his face.

Her wide eyes met his, a curious mixture of intensity and confusion. Softly she asked him what was wrong and he shook his head slightly.

“Sometimes in the dark it’s easier to say what is on our hearts then it is to confess in the strong light of day.”

Though Melody spoke softly he heard her and considered her words. “How can you confess what is in your heart if you are not sure what it is you are feeling?”

“Not all emotions are conveyed by speaking Leo. A smile can tell a person more than 100 words.”

Slipping off his lap and out of his arms she stepped down and stood on the bottom of the pool. Even though she was standing she and Leo were the same height where he was sitting on the step.

“Did you come to swim?” The moment the words left she wished she could take them back. At the very least she was fighting not to facepalm herself for sounding stupid.

Getting to his feet he joined her and looked down at her, “Noona…” his voice trailed off and she could see him struggling to say something.

Melody was fighting her own inner battle not to cry out and ask him to hold her again. She had to keep reminding herself that this would end in the next couple of days and she was terrified if she let Leo truly breach those walls around her heart that she might break when they separated.

“Leo.” She said softly holding out her hand. “Let’s swim together for a bit before we go back up.”

He looked at her hand and a half smile showed briefly before he took her hand.

The two of them swam side by side doing laps and she noticed that he had shortened his so that she could keep pace with him. After the laps they treaded water in the deep end talking about drama’s and movies they liked. Slowly swimming back towards where they could touch she caught a gleam in his eye and wondered at what he was thinking.

“Noona? You have seen the American movie where they do this?” He asked before he reached down to lift her by her waist and hold her horizontally above his head.

Melody giggled in delight, “Dirty Dancing!” She cried out triumphantly as he slowly lowered her down into his arms.

“It is a good movie.” He said looking at her and she nodded shyly in agreement.

Without warning he lifted her high in his arms and she giggled as she tilted her head back her long hair dangling behind her.

“Noona.”

She looked down at him and squeaked as he walked closer to the shallow end until the water was just below his waist and slowly he lowered her down as he sank to one knee but kept the other bent so she was sitting on it.

Her hands were resting on his shoulders when he surprised her by sliding his hand behind her neck and gently pulling her towards him.

Melody’s left hand cupped his cheek and her other hand rested on his chest as she closed her eyes without hesitation.

The first feather light brush of his lips against hers zinged through her body like a gentle shock and as he drew back she opened dazed eyes. “Leo.” She whispered softly.

That look she had noticed earlier was back in his eyes as he lowered his mouth to hers again and although his kiss started out soft and gentle it soon changed, fueled by a hunger that surprised him. He was concerned he would frighten her and started to pull away. “Mianhaeyo.” He whispered softly against her lips.

“Aniyo, please do not say you are sorry or you regret this.” She whispered unable to quell the hurt that streaked through her at his words or the tears that welled up.

Breaking from his embrace she moved quickly to the steps and climbed from the pool her heart aching that he regretted something that had been beautiful to her.

Stopping at the table to get her things she stiffened as his arms wrapped around her from behind before turning her around in his arms.

Leo framed her face with his hands as he lowered his head and kissed her passionately. Melody whimpered as her arms went around his neck, surprising him with her own intensity in the kiss.

Moments passed before kiss ended and Melody’s chest rose and fell quickly with the shallow breaths she was taking…