Chapter 21. Rise and Shine

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 21.

“And she was on his lap?” N’s eyes were wide as he listened to Ken’s recounter of what had transpired at the pool with Melody and Leo.

Ken nodded, “Hyung it was just like a drama with how they were wrapped up in each other. You could have knocked me over with a feather I was so shocked to see Leo Hyung pick her up and bring her over to the chair. He was really chic.” There was obvious admiration in Ken’s voice and N rapped his knuckles sharply causing Ken to wince and stare at him questioningly.

“I wouldn’t try that on just any girl you meet. Melody Noona cared about Leo-ah before that happened and that’s probably the only reason he was able to get away with it.”

There was a gleam of mischief in Ken’s eyes and he commented he might be able to try that with Trina without getting punched.

N shook his head. The VIXX members had apparently fallen for 4D’s charms. Before he could say more the door opened and Leo walked in. If he was surprised to see them awake he did not give it away and N looked at him slyly. “Have a good workout?”  Expecting to get only a nod in return he was surprised when Leo started talking.

“It was good. What are our plans for today?” His voice was as expressionless as his face as he looked at N.

“We don’t have anything set. Is there something you would like to do?” N asked curiously.

With a barely perceptible shrug Leo said maybe softly and went into the bathroom. A moment later the shower hissed on and N and Ken looked at each other surprised.

“Hyung…let me ask you this…do you ever remember Leo saying he wanted to do something before like this?”

N shook his head and scratched his chin, absently noting that he needed to shave as he stared at the closed bathroom door. Looking at the clock he decided to rouse the others and went through the connecting door. Hongbin and Sanghyuk were sound asleep but when he looked at Ravi’s bed he shook his head when he realized Ravi was sleeping upside down.

Going over he shook them awake and told them to come in the other room.

Hyuk and Hongbin came on his heels while a few moments passed before Ravi shuffled through the connecting door, the comforter from the bed wrapped around him. Crawling onto Leo’s bed he snagged the pillow and curled up with it.

“Does anyone have anything in mind that they really want to do today?”

A mumbled reply of sleep came from the lump that was Ravi and Ken laughed.

Hongbin raised his hand and mentioned that if it would be okay he would like to spend some more time with the members of 4D. At his suggestion Ravi whipped out from under the blanket to stare at him. N sighed wondering if there was going to be a problem with the two over 4D’s maknae Yhinny and made a mental note to keep an eye on the situation in case he had to step in and talk to them about it.

The soft voice that spoke next had everyone’s head swinging to look at Leo who had stepped out of the bathroom and was toweling his hair dry.

“I think Hongbin-ah had a nice idea. I can go next door and ask them.”

The shocked expressions on the others faces were slightly entertaining and he ducked his head as he tried to fight the laughter and went back into the bathroom to comb his hair. He had hoped for a chance to spend more time with Melody Noona after he had left her at her door earlier.

He could still feel the softness of her lips against his own and the desire to hold her in his arms again was a physical ache like nothing he had ever felt before. He had kissed a girl before, back before he had become a trainee he had dated a girl briefly and they had kissed a couple times but those were merely a flickering flame compared to the fire he felt when he kissed Melody. Just like those previous kisses had not prepared him, neither had talks he had had with hyungs about what it was like when you met a girl.

None had warned him about the overwhelming urge to constantly touch her to reassure himself she was really there and also to show his claim on her to any who were watching. He felt slightly like a barbarian in that regard but the idea of her touching another man filled him with the unfamiliar feeling of jealously.

He flipped the switch off as he walked out of the bathroom to see the others looking at him.

“Should I go next door?” At their nods of confirmation he turned and slipped out the door. Taking the few steps to her door he took a moment to steady himself before he knocked…