Tunnel Vision

Sweet Dream

 

Hyunseung and Eunji made their way into the classroom hand in hand. Eunji carried a bright expression whereas in Hyunseung's case, a forlorn one as he stared at the back of the room. Junhyung picked up on it right away. He turned his head towards the back and noticed Hyuna staring out the window next to her. He then turned back around in time to see Hyunseung sit down in front of him with Eunji at his side. 
 
It wasn't long before the professor entered. He made his way towards his desk and placed his suitcase upon it. He proceeded to open it and took out a piece of chalk. He turned around and began to write on the board. 
 
WINTER VACATION 
 
The two words snapped almost the entire class out of their slump, as they all sat up straight, awaiting their professor's first word. 
 
Once done he placed the chalk down and turned to face the class. 
 
"As you all know, we tried a different approach this school year and changed the winter break as well as keep it a secret from you. You might have all thought that this was ridiculous but it was for a good reason. We noticed once the break was near you all began to slack in your studies. Not this year and the results have been amazing, your grades have not faltered a bit and we are so proud. So it comes with great pleasure to tell you that as of today your vacation begins. Enjoy your two weeks off, class dismissed." The professor said with a huge smile. 
 
The class stayed in a state of shock, they couldn't believe it. It was taking them a while to register it. Dujun however was the first one to respond. 
 
"YES! I'm free!!" He yelled before bolting out of the classroom. 
 
The whole class jumped out of their chairs with excitement. Grabbing their belongings they all bolted out also. 
 
Eunji and her girlfriends left as well, excited about the sleepovers and spa retreats they will have. 
 
The only ones who remained were the guys, Hyuna, and the professor.  
 
"Aye Dujun forgot his stuff. Great now we have to carry it for him." sighed Yoseob. 
 
"Hyung got to excited. It's like they told him he was being let out of prison after spending a lifetime inside." Joked Dongwoon. 
 
"It's not like coming to class is that bad. I think he over exaggerated." Added Kikwang."
 
"You should know by now that, that kid exaggerates about everything." Smirked Junhyung. "It's in his macho man DNA." 
 
Hyunseung quietly gathered his belongings, sharing small smiles here and there as he listened to his friends. He then looked towards Hyuna's direction. With her stuff in hand, she walked towards the door, passing Hyunseung and the boys. 
 
Junhyung noticed her leaving and looked at Hyunseung's awestruck face. He chuckled at his friend's 4D personality. 
 
"Hyunseung pick up your jaw before it touches the ground." Joked Junhyung. 
 
Hyunseung quickly snapped out of it, embarrassed he looked towards the ground. Hyuna noticed his antics before making her way out, chuckling she caught Junhyung's gaze. She waved goodbye and he did the same. He quickly mouthed to her
 
"He's like that because of you."
 
Causing Hyuna to blush a bright red and bolting out of the classroom. 
 
Junhyung turned around to see Hyunseung, bright red and still looking down, and a very confused Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Yoseob. 
 
"It's nothing guys. Come on let's get out of here." Junhyung smiled as he walked over to Hyunseung and began to pull him along. 
 
"I hate you." Whispered Hyunseung unable to lift his head. 
 
"Love you too man." Junhyung said with a huge grin. 
 
The boys watched as the two left the class. They then looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders, giving into defeat they grabbed their stuff and followed them. 
 
__________________________
 
A week had gone by of their vacation. Hyuna laid in bed. She turned her head towards the nightstand to look at the clock. 
 
9am. 
 
She groaned before getting out of bed. As she made her way down the stairs, she was welcomed by the aroma of buttermilk pancakes and eggs. 
 
"Uncle Maru doesn't know how to cook western breakfasts." Hyuna said confused. 
 
As she entered the kitchen she was surprised to find her elderly uncle sitting down with a buffet laid out before him. 
 
"Uncle Maru, what is this?" Hyuna asked bewildered. 
 
Her uncle, with his cheeks stuffed to the brim and a warm smile pointed towards the stove. Hyuna turned towards his direction and was shocked. 
 
There before her stood Hyunseung in an apron and griddle in hand. He smiled warmly. 
 
Hyuna stormed towards him, grabbed the griddle placed it on the counter and pulled Hyunseung away. 
 
"I'll be back Uncle Maru."
 
Maru smiled and waved them off as he continued stuffing his face. 
 
Once out of earshot, Hyuna let his hand go and faced him. 
 
"What are you doing here?!" She whispered shocked. 
 
Hyunseung stepped closer to her, entering her personal space, she could feel his breathing on her before he answered. 
 
"I thought you lived alone, thus you would be spending your vacation alone. The thought kept bothering me, everywhere I went I saw you alone and lonely. It's like I had tunnel vision only for you. I couldn't concentrate on anything else and I had to come see you to make sure you were alright." 
 
Hyuna was taken back by Hyunseung's sweetness that she didn't have anything to say. 
 
"I want to, if its ok with you, spend time together today." Hyunseung beamed.