What A Fool I Am

Sweet Dream

 

"Junhyung how can you defend her. You should be on our side!" Chorong claimed. 
 
Junhyung tossed Namjoo's arm away before turning around to look at Hyuna on the ground. 
 
"Are you ok?" 
 
Hyuna speechless, simply nodded her head as she looked to the ground. 
 
"Junhyung stop talking to her!" Yelled Naeun. 
 
Junhyung however ignored her as he went to retrieve Hyuna's book. With it in hand, he carefully bent down and held it in front of her for her to take. 
 
"Here's your book." He said with a small smile. 
 
"Thank you." Hyuna replied as she grabbed the book. 
 
"Junhyung!" The three girls yelled. 
 
He whipped around to face them with a glare. 
 
"I don't like you! Any of you! Including Eunji! If you ever come up to her again, you'll have a problem with Hyunseung and I! Now leave!" Junhyung bursted as the girls fled the scene. 
 
"Finally." He sighed. 
 
He turned around to look at Hyuna once again and saw a terrified look in her eyes. 
 
"I'm sorry if I scared you. Those girls just irk me so much." He said as he held out his hand. "Here let me help you up."
 
Hyuna stared at his hand terrified. 
 
"This all could be a trick. He could be working with those girls to get me. But he's Hyunseung's friend. His best friend." Hyuna thought. 
 
"Don't worry I don't bite." Junhyung said with a teasing grin. 
 
Hyuna gave in and held out her hand to grab his as he pulled her up. 
 
"Thank you for before." She whispered. 
 
Junhyung stared at her before placing his hand underneath her chin, making Hyuna stare him right in the eyes. 
 
"Your lip. They didn't do that to you did they?" He asked seriously. 
 
"No. This was an accident. Hyunseung knows." Hyuna replied innocently. 
 
Junhyung brought his hand back to his side before sticking it in his pocket. 
 
"Ok. Class is about to start, but if you have any problems and Hyunseung isn't around, you come find me ok?" He said sweetly. 
 
Hyuna was in shock. Two of the most popular guys in school, acknowledging her and protecting her. 
 
She smiled warmly and nodded. 
 
"Thank you oppa." 
 
Junhyung returned the gesture and made his way towards class. Hyuna looked around the courtyard and noticed Hyunseung walking with Eunji hand in hand. Her smile disappeared. She couldn't understand why but what she saw made her angry. She quietly grabbed her backpack off the ground and left to class as well. 
 
"What's going on with me? Am I jealous? I shouldn't be feeling like this. He's nothing to me. I'm a fool if I think we could ever be together."
 
__________________________
 
Hyunseung and Eunji made it to the fountain before sitting down. Never letting his hand go, she cuddled up against his arm and laid her head against his shoulder. 
 
"This is how we should always be. I don't like fighting with you, it's not healthy for us especially with the fact that we'll be together for the rest of our lives. I don't want it to become a habit." Said Eunji. 
 
At the mention of her words about being together for the rest of their lives, his heart sunk. He looked up towards the elm tree, hoping to see her but alas she was nowhere to be found. 
 
"Can you believe it Hyunseung? With graduation around the corner, it means our wedding is not too far way!" Eunji squealed delightfully. 
 
Hyunseung however tuned her out completely as he began to think about Hyuna. He remembered holding her in his arms as he carried her to his house and having her in his bedroom. Caressing her lips, while watching her sleep. 
 
"What a fool I am?" He muttered dazed. 
 
"What was that sweetie?" Eunji asked snapping out of her rant about their wedding plans. 
 
Hyunseung snapped out of his daydream and turned to look at Eunji. 
 
"Nothing honey. I just remembered that I forgot to do something." He said as he stood up with Eunji pulling herself up as well. 
 
"Oh ok." She smiled warmly before embracing Hyunseung in a tight hug, catching him off guard. "I love you. I don't know what I'll do without you. This is why I'll stop it with that frea- I mean girl. Anything to make you happy oppa." 
 
Hyunseung felt worse now. He placed his arms around Eunji. 
 
"I don't know how but you've managed to seep right in, in that short while that we met. I've fallen for you, Hyuna." He thought as he tightened his grip on Eunji.  
 
"I'm sorry Eunji. Mom and Dad. My heart belongs to her now." 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________