Wait on Me

Sweet Dream

The boys walked into the classroom holding a bunch of items that they had bought from a nearby market. 

 
"We're back!" Dujun chimed. 
 
Eunji, whose thoughts were preoccupied with what could be going on outside with Hyunseung, turned over to look at the boys. 
 
"Oh, you're here." She answered. 
 
"Yeeeeee, is Yoseobie still knocked out?" Dujun asked. 
 
Eunji looked over at Yoseob to confirm the boy was still asleep before turning her head towards Dujun. 
 
"See for yourself." She scoffed. 
 
Dujun and the boys moved towards their respective seats. Just before Dujun sat down, he kicked the leg of Yoseob's desk startling him. 
 
"I'm awake teacher! Please put away the ruler!" He shouted unexpectedly. 
 
The kids who remained in the classroom bursted out in laughter. 
 
"You dummy, it's our lunch break, why would the teacher hit you for sleeping during break?" Dujun said in between laughs. 
 
"Then why did you wake me up." Yoseob moaned. 
 
Dongwoon proceeded to stand up and walked towards Yoseob's desk. He held out a banana milk bottle with a wrapped piece of bread and placed it on his Hyung's desk. 
 
"Here Hyung, this should wake you up." 
 
"Ah thank you Dongwoonie." 
 
Dongwoon turned around to face Eunji and placed a bread and milk on her desk as well. 
 
"A gift from us for watching Yoseob Hyung." Dongwoon said with a sly wink. 
 
Eunji was the only one to see it, since the others were busy talking to Yoseob about all he's missed during the lecture. She glared at Dongwoon. 
 
"Don't make it so obvious." She hissed between her breath. 
 
"Hey, Hyunseung and Junhyung aren't back yet?" Kikwang asked, getting everyone's attention. 
 
Dujun turned to look around the classroom and noticed that his friends weren't anywhere to be seen. 
 
"Where did they go?" Yoseob asked confused. "Weren't they with you guys?"
 
"No, they left on their own, and we went to the market." Answered Dongwoon. 
 
Dujun stood up from his desk. "Dongwoon, let's go look for them, I don't want them getting punished for not being here since there's about ten minutes left before the teacher returns."
 
"Yea lets go." Dongwoon responded. 
 
Just as they were about to go out to look for their friends, Hyunseung entered the classroom. He saw that the boys and Eunji were staring at him. 
 
"What?" He asked nonchalantly. 
 
"Where did you go? We were about this close to go look for you." Said Kikwang. 
 
Hyunseung walked over to his desk and sat down. 
 
"I just went out for some fresh air." Hyunseung responded. 
 
"And Junhyungie?" Yoseob asked. "They said you two were together."
 
"He went out for fresh air too. He should be back soon." Hyunseung answered. 
 
"Why didn't he come with you Hyung?" Dongwoon asked. 
 
"How should I know." Hyunseung responded sternly. 
 
Eunji eyed Hyunseung up and down. She knew something was up. She looked over at the other boys and the confusion on their faces reassured her that she wasn't the only one who picked up that something was wrong with him. 
 
"Well let's go look for Junhyung then. I don't need anyone in trouble today considering we have practice later." Dujun said. "Maknae lets go." 
 
Before they could leave, once again, they were halted when they saw Junhyung enter the classroom. He made his way over to his desk, which was right behind Hyunseung's. As he passed him, he didn't say one word. He simply sat down and then looked over at Dujun. 
 
"What?" He asked. 
 
"You two are acting so strange. What is going on?" He asked. 
 
As Dujun was interrogating Junhyung, Hyuna slipped into the classroom. Hyunseung noticed immediately. 
 
"Where did she go?" Hyunseung wondered as his eyes followed her making her way towards her desk.  
____________________________________________
 
Minutes before Junhyung had entered the classroom.
 
Junhyung was making his way towards the classroom when a hand lightly tapped his shoulder. 
 
"Yong Junhyung we need to talk." Hyuna stated causing him to turn around and face her.
 
"About?" He asked curiously. 
 
"I was just outside...by the fountain. I...overheard everything." She stuttered. 
 
Hyuna had expected him to react with a surprised look on his face but all he did was display a nonchalant expression. As if her statement had, in no way, phased him. 
 
"Say something." She whispered unable to bear his silence. 
 
"I don't know what you want me to say. You already heard what I had to say." He answered. 
 
Hyuna wasn't going to take that response. 
 
"I want you to tell me why? Why'd you break your friendship with Hyunseung? Why are you now claiming that you like me? You barely know me?" She persistently questioned. 
 
"'I barely know you?' You're right, this is true. However there was a time when you and Hyunseung didn't know each other, a time where he and I barely knew each other. However with time things change. Also there's no time limit that has to be met before you can say you like someone. Just wait on me." He answered.  
 
"Wait, that makes no sense to me." Hyuna pondered. 
 
Junhyung gave her a slight smirk. 
 
"Think about it." Were the last words he said before walking into the classroom. 
 
"Wait we're not done talking yet." Hyuna cried in a whisper. 
 
Hyuna had no choice but to enter the classroom as well. 
 
"We'll talk about this later Yong Junhyung." 
_________________________________________________
 
As she made her way towards her desk, Hyuna noticed that Hyunseung's eyes were fixated on her, making her blush in the process. As she finally sat down at her desk, the teacher had walked in. 
 
"I hope everyone enjoyed their lunch break, now let me see if there's anyone who is missing." He said as he quickly scanned the room. "Good, we can get started right away since everyone is here." 
 
He proceeded to hand out a piece of paper to every other student, placing it face down so they couldn't see it's content. 
 
"As you see, I'm handing out this page face down and I want you to keep it that way until I tell you that you can flip it over. If I catch anyone flipping it before I say so they will face the consequences, understood!" He boomed.
 
"Yes." Responded the whole class. 
 
He went up and down the rows until exactly half the class had received one. After he was finished he made his way to the front of the class. "Ok everyone who has a sheet of paper in front of them, turn it over." 
 
Hyunseung flipped his page over and saw Eunji's name written on it. He lifted his head up in confusion. Before he could ask the teacher what was going on, Dujun had raised his hand.
 
"Yea Yoon Dujun." The professor called. 
 
"Are we supposed to have someone else's name written on the paper?" Dujun asked puzzled. 
 
"If this was done correctly you each were paired up with someone in the class. Is there anyone who got their own name?" The teacher asked. Seeing how no one responded, he continued to explain what was going on. 
 
"Good, so here's how this is going to work. You each have a partner, for two weeks you'll meet with your partner everyday and work on picking something about Korea that you would like someone from another country to know about. Once you have something, your job is to go and interview someone who has some connection to what you have decided on. This is a big grade so don't mess it up. I'm going to dismiss class early so you can start to get together with your partners. So everyone have a nice day." The teacher said as he made his way towards the door. 
 
The class quickly got loud as people were calling out names of their partners. 
 
"I got Kikwangie." Dujun smiled. "We're doing soccer okay?" 
 
"Definitely!" Kikwang yelled. 
 
Eunji looked over at Hyunseung. "Who'd you get?" 
 
Hyunseung looked back at her and with an emotionless tone responded "you". 
 
"Great! I was thinking then we can interview our father's what do you think? You know since their companies are a big part of Korea?" Eunji asked excitedly. 
 
Hyunseung wasn't paying attention however, he turned his head slightly to look over at Hyuna. She looked lonely as everyone was finding their partners. 
 
"I guess she doesn't know who her partner is." Hyunseung thought. "I wish.." His train of thought was broken when Yoseob asked Junhyung who his partner was. Curious, he turned his head back around. 
 
"Dujunie is with Kikwangie, Dongwoonie and I are partners, and Hyunseungie's with Eunji. Who did you get Junhyungie?" Yoseob asked. 
 
"Kim Hyuna." He responded before standing up and making his way towards her. 
 
Hyunseung's blood began to boil. He was staring as Junhyung made his way towards her.
 
Hyuna saw that Junhyung made his way towards her. Before she knew it, he stood right in front of her desk. 
 
"Hello partner, looks like we'll be getting to know each other better over these next two weeks." He smiled. 
 
Hyuna's heart dropped. She looked over at Hyunseung and saw his piercing gaze. 
 
"I'm getting deeper and deeper in this mess." She sighed. 
_______________________________________________________
 
I hate leaving things incomplete, and this story has been bugging me since I never finished it. I'll try my best to complete it promptly. I thank a lot of you for being so patient with me. As for my other story I'm not sure when I'll finish it because I'm not sure of the direction I want to take it in. But have faith in me. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it- AlX.