His scar

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

 

The next few days mostly consisted of me trying to learn what I needed so I won't be a cause of problem for the clinic - I diligently observed and most of the time tried to do things or fetch thing that's needed without them telling me to.

 

 

Dr. Jung always gives me an encouraging smiles when I do someting right while Dr. Song just looks, nods then walks away. Which surprised me because I was readying myself from his teasing and stuff - not that I'm anticipating him to do his playboy ways on me but it's baffling that he isn't doing it when he did when he first met me. But I guess this is better so I won't feel awkward with him and stuff.

 

 

 

I got the first taste of lying to his "Women" on my 4th day -  Sora said it was a new record since you would always guarantee a girl call for him daily.

 

 

"Is Joongki in?" a voice that's very nasal asked as soon as I said hello.

 

"May I know who's asking? Is this a business call or a perosnal one?" I asked respectfully.

 

"Say its Jinhee, and its a personal call." Sora unnie gave me the instruction about this.

 

Since both doctors comes to the clinic daily but still goes to hospitals they're affiliated to, they might be not in to receive calls. It's  our job then to either add it for appointment on their schedule or relay them any messages when they check on us by phone if there are any personal ones as well. There are times that both doctors come in at the same time but there are some schedules that one would arrive in the morning the other in the afternoon. Either way, I have to be there for 9 hours Monday to Saturday - I have Sunday and one more day (any day) I might need as an off - i just have to inform them 2-3 days prior. Making it 2 days off which I use to help around at the orphanage or just hang out with Bom and Tabi. I'm thinking of just taking Saturday or Monday.

 

 

"I'm Sorry miss Jinhee, Dr. Song is out to attend a patient, would you like to leave a message?" I asked.

 

"Give me his personal number,I know you'll have it to call him for any emergencies." she said arrogantly.

 

"My appologies Ma'am, but I'm not allowed to give any personal information of Dr. Song." I answered then moved the phone slightly away from my ear when the woman began talking in a loud voice - I only knew she was cursing, me or Dr. Song I didn't try to find out. I looked at Sora unnie's direction and she was looking at me with a funny expression on her face - I shrugged, pointed to the phone, made a crazy sign near my head and used my hand to mimic a talking person.

 

 

She signaled me to place the receiver down and I complied.

 

 

"What if she complains to Dr. Song that I put down the phone on her?" I asked.

 

 

"I somehow doubt that he'll take those crazy women's words but even if he did just tell him she was talking non-stop and that its a hindrance to your work." she answered before going to the storage area. " I'm just going to get some supplies that Dr. Jung needs, hold down the fort okay." I noded.

 

 

I heard Dr. Jungs intercom indicating to have his next patient in. I went to Sora unnie's desk and called out the next patient, then I went with her carrying her daughter's file as we came across the last patient with his mother as they exit Dr. Jung's room.

 

 

"Dr. Jung, your next patient is here." I said.

 

"Thank you Sandara." he answered. " By the way, Joongki texted me that he'll be an hour late, he'll be here by 2pm so try to call those who asked for appointment the change in time. Help Sora for the time being with other works okay." I nodded.

 

 

"I understand." he gave me a smile as I went out.

 

 

I saw her first before I was near my table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She is very beautiful.

 

"May I help you?" I asked as I stop by my table.

 

"Uhm, I'm looking for Dr. Song, is he in by any chance?" she asked and I wondered if she was the woman who called and is just now acting mild and proper but then again if she's this beautiful, Dr. Song must really have some issues if he's hiding from this one.

 

"He's not in, his schedule is still for this afternoon, you can come back..." she cut me off.

 

"No no... that's okay. I really can't stay long and I can't come back." she look at her watch.

 

"Would you want to have an appointment? Or you can leave a name and number so he can call you back." I asked trying to be helpful.

 

"I... I somehow doubt that but okay, I'll leave a number and ask him if he can call me back. I'm only back here for a week so... Thanks anyway." she took the piece of paper that I offered and wrote her name and number.

 

 

"Mommy!" a small girl around 3 years old went in followed by a nanny went in the front door.

 

"Hey sweetie," she scooped him up. " Say goodbye to the pretty unnie, we're going to Grandma's next." she told her.

 

"Bye pretty unnie!" the cute girl said to me and I smiled and waved back.

 

"Bye..." they all went out and I wondered if they're related to Dr. Song. The little kid looks kind of like him. I looked sown at the piece of paper.

 

Shin Mina... pretty name. I placed the note in a seperate container for pesonal messages for Dr. Song.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

 

At 1:45 pm , Dr. Song arrived with a wide smile for all of us - the parents and children included.

 

 

 

"Goodafternoon!" he said before stopping beside me. "Bring me bottled water and the messages I received for the day."

 

"Okay dr. Song" I answered, he went to his room and I immediately get the bottled water from the mini fridge near the storage are and picked up the stack of small papers where I jotted down his messages and appointments before quickly going to his office. I knocked and heard his "come in."

 

 

 

He was putting on his white doctor's coat before turning to me. I placed the bottled water in his desk which he immediately took and drank from, before stepping back and waiting for him to finish drinking.

 

 

 

"That's so good." He said with an "Ah" expression on his face, which made me smile.

 

"Busy morning Dr. Song." I asked with a smile. He faced me before answering.

 

"Arrange dates care of my mother, possible future wife materials.Any Single, easy go lucky bachelors dread." he grinned before sitting down. I just nodded before showing him the papers. "Okay, what do we have today?" he asked.

 

"There is a call from your insurance company and a real state company, both said they need your response within this week. 3 personal call from, Ellie, Byul, and Jinhee." He grinned at that."... and the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter