Adopt?!

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara's POV

 

We were sitting around the library - i just told Mr. and Mrs. Lee everything.

 

 

Wooyoung was sitting beside me and he held my hand. It felt like a really long time ago, when we were just hanging out and being happy about me not leaving soon cause my uncle's work got extended.

 

 

 

But now....

 

 

"So what you're saying ..." Mrs. Lee started ," ...is that you have no one now?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

"But... I finally figured out some things..." I answered. They were quiet as they awaited for what I'm about to say. "I ... It was something that was mentioned to me at the hospital, I was just too depressed and at loss to really consider it but ..." I looked at them," ...it's the most logical thing to do now. Social services is willing to ..." Mrs. Lee cut me off.

 

 

"No... " she looked at her husband before looking back to me. "... You don't have to go to social services, you can stay with us." 

 

 

I thought i was just hearing things. I looked at Donghae oppa and saw the shock in his face which meant I heard it correctly.

 

 

"We'll adopt you, you can stay with us..." She continued.

 

 

 

"No!" Donghae oppa said in a loud voice and stood up and stared disbelievingly at his mother.

 

 

 

"Donghae... She has no one else. We can be her family..." She said calmly.

 

 

 

"No... And I won't change my mind about this..."

 

 

 

I knew I should be offended but the truth is, I understand him. 

 

 

 

I'm not Haena... Noone can replace her, even if that is not his Mom's intention - it will still look like that.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Lee, but i agree with Donghae oppa." I looked down. I don't want to see the disappointment in their eyes.

 

 

 

I have to be strong for myself now. 

 

 

 

"I am thankful for everything you've done for me, and for wanting to take me in but..." I look at Donghae oppa, he's looking back. "... I have to decline.  You've done so much for me already..." I felt my tears started falling. "I was broken... When you found me, i felt i have nothing more to live for. I nearly gave up..." I raised my head and Donghae's eyes met with mine. I knew he remembered that incident. "... But you were there for me as I recovered physically. Little by little I started living again , hoping again." 

 

 

I wiped my tears and smiled.

 

 

"You've done so much for me and i'll forever be grateful. I'm turning 17 soon and after a year I'll be legal and can live on my own. I believe I can do it by then too." I hoped they understood what I wanted.  " Someone is coming tomorrow, I called the hospital I've been in yesterday."

 

 

 

They were speechless. They can see that I've thought of this through. 

 

 

 

I saw the hurt in Mrs. Lee's eyes. I was sadden that I made her feel that way. I glanced at Donghae oppa but he stood up immediately, walked to the window and kept his back to us.

 

 

 

 

 

​Flashback

 

 

I watched them from my window - they're busy at the garden planning for the party. As I have decided at the beach that day, I have to be strong for myself from now on.

 

 

 

I went to the phone in the library - dialed the number to ask for assistance on finding the hospital's number. Once i got it, i dialed the number and asked for Dr. Jung's number. I was lucky he was at the hospital that moment. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter