Pretend and Lies

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara's POV

 

It's not the first time time I woke up -  I knew I opened my eyes a few times but I still felt so sleepy and tired so I always let sleep take me again. This time though, I heard someone talking near me. I still haven't open my eyes yet. Maybe I'm back at the hospital.

 

I really hope I can just continue sleeping - but the voice urges me to wake up...

 

 

It was a womans voice...

 

 

So much like my mother's...

 

 

But that reason alone makes me want to keep my eyes closed - so I can pretend it's her at this very moment.

 

 

"Don't be a baby!" I thought to myself. "She's dead... and pretending otherwise won't change that fact." I slowly opened my eyes - and there looking and smiling at me is a woman who looks around the same age as my mother. She has such a beautiful smile.

 

 

"Hi... how are you feeling?" she asked. I moved slowly to a sitting position and she assisted me. I also noticed an IV hooked to me. "Are you hungry? You must be... such a silly question." she said chuckling a bit. "My name is Lee Ga Yin, we found you yesterday... you slept throughout the day..." she said worriedly. "What's your name?" she asked then smiled.

 

 

 

I don't know why I did it...

 

 

Maybe I just felt tired of my life.

 

 

On who I am...

 

 

Maybe I just wanted to forget who I am at this moment...

 

 

 

so without thinking of the consequences....

 

 

"I... I don't know," I looked around. "...I can't remember..." I looked down, afreaid she'll see the truth in my eyes.

 

 

"Oh my... wait here!" she stood up and went out the room.

 

 

 

 

I was left there pondering.

 

"Could I really do this?" I moved my knees closer and hugged it tightly. My bandaged arm hurt a little. I've never felt so alone and so lost as I do right now... I bowed and hid my face as I hugged my knees.

 

 

I heard the door open and footsteps going near the bed. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

 

"Hi..." said a warm male voice. I looked up and saw a man with a kind face. "I'm Dr. Lee Hae Jin, Ga yin's husband. Are you hurt anywhere else, besides your arm and head?" he asked with a smile.

 

 

I shook my head a little - afraid to speak for they might hear the lie as well..

 

 

"My wife said you don't know who you are?" I nodded. "That may only be temporary, God knows what you must have gone through before we found you. Don't worry, we'll help you. Everything will be fine..." I looked at him, he must have seen the fear in them - but of course it's of an entirely different reason than what he thinks.  He patted my shoulder then looked at his wife. "I have to go to the clinic, I'll call some friends at the hospital and I'll call you." he stood up and went out.

 

 

A maid entered carrying a tray of food. I felt my stomach grumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter