The Party

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

 

 

I looked around the room. It would be good to stay here for a long time, to live in a house like this.

 

 

 

Once summer ends, Mrs. Lee mentioned going back to the city - of course they want me to go with them.

 

 

 

 

But I knew I couldn't stay with them... I mean, I wouldn't.

 

 

 

A summer is enough for me. I even felt it's too much.

 

 

Since that day at the beach, I already made up my mind. 

 

 

 

To survive on my own.

 

To be responsible for myself.

 

To not burden anyone else.

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the full size mirror and stared at my reflection.

 

 

The dress is so pretty. My face lightly covered with make up to accentuate my features.

 

 

This might be the last time I'll see myself this made up. I gave a smile to my reflection - to encourage myself. 

 

 

 

 

A knock on the door made me look away from the mirror. Donghae is standing by the door.

 

 

"Mom asked me to call you. She asked me to keep you company too..." He said this in a monotone way not even looking at me.

 

 

"Uhm, i don't think that's necessary. I don't want to be a bother especially that it's your... Your sister's birthday. There is no need to accompany me." I smiled at him appreciating the offer but politely declining.

 

 

 

He finally looked at me.

 

 

 

"If you're ready now, let's go." He said. I nodded then walked to the door.

 

 

 

 

 

At the stairs, i noticed him hesitate. Thinking it has nothing to do with me, i took a step down.

 

 

 

I was startled when i felt him grab my hand and escorted me.

 

 

 

It was unexpected but i felt relieved and thankful - i was wearing heels, it's not that high but i don't wear heels often so i was anxious about it too when I first saw it.

 

 

 

"Thank you..." I told him when we reach the bottom and he just shrugged.

 

 

 

 

Mr. And Mrs. Lee saw us and we walked towards them.

 

 

"You look ... Wow! ... You both do." I said to them. The clothes are classy in my eyes and they look so beautiful togther. Mrs. Lee blushed and smiled appreciatively and Mr. Lee chuckled.

 

 

"You look very pretty too..." She touched my cheek then she face Donghae ," And my son looks dashing." She placed both hands in his face.

 

 

"Mom..." He whined but didn't try to pry his mother's hand away but just continuedly stood there. I grinned and I noticed Mr. Lee doing the same.

 

 

 

"Honey, lets get ready, i hear cars arriving already."  He grabbed Mrs. Lee's hand and she let him pull her away.

 

 

 

"Enjoy tonight okay!" She said to both of us before finally leaving.

 

 

 

 

We both were left there standing. An awkward silence followed, I honestly don't know what to say to him.

 

 

 

"Uhm..."

 

 

"Ah..." We both started at the same time. He grinned " You go first." He said.

 

 

 

"Actually, I didn't have anything to say..." I unconsciously bit my lip and raised a hand and i grabbed my arm.

 

 

He chuckled.

 

 

 

"I was to say, we can wait inside the house for the moment while the guests arrive. We'll go out later." He walk first and i just followed.

 

 

 

 

He chose to go to the library. It was cozy with sofas so I didn't question why he went here. He sat on one chair and randomly looked at the books in a nearby table.

 

I went near a window and looked out - its facing the sea and of no reason I openned it. I welcomed the cold wind - enjoying how it made me feel so alive and at peace.

 

 

Another thing I'll miss when I leave.

 

 

 

I closed my eyes for a moment, didn't notice a smile forming on my face . Wind blowing my hair softly around my face.

 

 

i was startled when something landed on my shoulders.

 

 

 

It's just a blanket. I looked back and saw Donghae walking back to his seat like nothing happened.

 

 

 

I smiled.

 

 

 

"I think i'll miss him too."  I thought before looking back out the window, tightening my hold on the blanket as It wrapped around me.

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

Donghae's POV

 

 

We came back out when one of the maids informed us that my parents are wondering where we went.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter