The Cousin

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

 

I followed him out of the house to the back where the pool is - some of the cheerleaders and varsity players (the cool kids are already swimming).

 

 

 

"Hmm... Maybe they are farther out back. Follow me!" Jinwoon said as he looked back at me then started walking again.

 

 

 

"Are you sure? No one seems to be there..." I answered as I followed him.

 

 

 

 

"He did this mostly before to get a little more privacy in his parties. Come on..." He said then walked a little faster.

 

 

 

 

 

I looked around.... Maybe we just didn't see them but I sighed when i finally accepted they're not there . Bom is not someone you'll miss in a crowd - she just stoods out, much more now.

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait! " I shouted to Jinwoon and walked faster after him.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned a corner and I didn't see Jinwoon, maybe he went a little farther...

 

 

 

 

When I saw the gazebo, I understood why Nichkhun did want to show this to Bom - yes it was isolated but its really pretty too. And i guess you could also say romantic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But it suddenly dawned on me on how it looked empty - no Nichkhun and Bom. I walked nearer just to make sure.

 

 

 

I opened the door and looked inside. It's kindda cozy- There are some small lights which made it look more intimate and romantic. 

 

 

"It seems they're not here as I thought...." Someone said behind me and i jumped in surprise.

 

 

"Jinwoon you scared me." I said as i placed a hand to my heart as calmed it doing deep breathes. " Let's go back, maybe they're somewhere inside the house." I started close the door when he stepped toward me raking me by surprise thah I automatically stepped back too. "What are you doing?" I asked keeping the growing anxiousness I'm feeling.

 

 

 

He looked at me with malice - i felt the small hairs on my body stand up. I kept stepping back every time he stepped forward.

 

 

 

"Oh come on. Don't play hard to get... " He said as I quickly stepped behind a chair and placing it in between us.

 

 

 

"I'm not playing... I'm going back to the house." I said strongly - my previous lessons on self defense kicking in. 

 

 

 

 

Not showing fear.

 

 

 

 

Showing that you won't be a willing victim - one who won't do nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

I stood straighter then slowly but surely took a step forward in the direction of the door. I was aiming to walk on his right side - my mind automatically thinking on what i'll do if he grabbed me.

 

 

 

My body was tense and ready as I walked near him.

 

 

 

 

I saw him looked amused - maybe his alcohol induced brain thought I was going to him willingly. 

 

 

 

He grinned as I saw his hand going for my arm.

 

 

 

When he grabbed it my response was quick. I raised my knee and with a quick strong kick - extending my whole leg to the right - i aimed at his knee. He was surprised and intoxicated - he groaned in pain as he dropped to the floor letting go of my arm.

 

 

 

I immediately ran for the door when i felt a hand grabbed my ankle.

 

 

 

 

I didn't even had the chance to scream because of how fast it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter