Chapter 9

Fix a Heart

 

               - You’re here! Where were you all this morning? – Key said when he saw Minho entering the cafeteria. – And you too! None of you hear the phone when someone calls?

                - It’s Thursday, I don’t have classes at Thursday’s mornings, remember? – Minho exclaimed, making the other embarrassed. – And Jonghyun… He kind of doesn’t come to college when I don’t come.

                - It’s not true! I turned the alarm off and fell asleep again. Not my fault! – Jonghyun said and, before the blond started to blame him, he changed the subject. – Where’s Onew?

                - He was out there because he couldn’t hear the phone. To be honest, I think he fell or what because he went out a while ago and he’s not back yet.

                The two boys sited next to the blond one, leaving Onew’s place empty. While Minho started to talk with Key, Jonghyun were looking around for the elder. His attention was caught when Key gave him a kick under the table.

                - Hey, are you awake, sleeping beauty? – Kibum asked, arching an eyebrow. – You seem to be on the other galaxy lately.

                - What? I was just-

                - I’m back! – Onew said, appearing and interrupting the other. – Oh, you two are already here!

                - Of course they are! You took so long out there! – Key exclaimed.

                - Sorry, it was my mother. She was calling me to ask if I could take care of the house because they will be gone for the weekend.

                - That means party?

                - Party? – Onew asked, confused with Key’s quick change of subject. – Where do you want to go?

                - Your house, obviously. – Key explained, excited. – The four of us at your house! And Taemin too! You should tell him to bring Jongin with him.

                - I’m not sure if we can…

                - Please, of course we can! I can talk with your parents if you want! You two- - Key said, turning to Jonghyun and Minho. – Can you come?

**

                The day passed and Friday night came really fast. As soon as their parents went out of the house, Onew and Taemin started to prepare the living-room, since the bedrooms were too small for all of them. When the house was ready and they were about to sit on the couch, the doorbell rang.

                - Sorry for being late, but Jonghyun is a slug. – Key said, entering in the house followed by the other two.

                - What? I am the one who had to wait! – Jonghyun exclaimed, hitting Key’s head and turning to Onew. – Hello. And sorry, I had to pick Minho.

                - It doesn’t matter, we just finished prepare everything, to be honest. You guys arrived at the right time.

                The four of them walked to the living-room, where Taemin was waiting. The place was free of furniture, which were against the walls, leaving the center free to mattresses.

                - Hi Taemin. – They said, waving to the younger boy.

                - Hello, hyungs. – He said, waving back. – Did you see Jongin outside?

                - No, we didn’t. – Minho answered, picking his phone. – So, what do you want to eat? We will not cook, I’ll order dinner.

                - I’ve already order chicken… - Onew said, making everyone look at him. – What?

                - This obsession continues to shock me, really. -  Key said, moving to the couch, where he sat next to Taemin.

                The other three moved to the couch too and, in a few minutes, the whole house was full of laughs and cross talk. When the doorbell rang, all of them though it was dinner, so they ran to the door.

                - Key hyung! – Jongin said on the other side of the door, when the blond opened it, followed by the other four guys. – Hello everyone.

                - Hi! – Taemin said, appearing between the others and grasping the hand of the newcomer. – Come one, we’re waiting for the dinner. I need to tell you something.

                - If it’s about your girlfriend you can tell everyone or tell everyone except me and wait for me to find out. – Key yelled, while the two younger boys climbed the stairs, running. – I think he chose the second option. He doesn’t trust me anymore. – The blond said, pretending to cry.

                - Come on, don’t be dramatic. – Minho said, putting his arm around his shoulders, laughing. – Everybody knows what would happen if he had told you sooner.

                As soon as Minho said that, the doorbell rang again and, this time, Onew was the only one who ran to the door. When he entered house with the dinner in his hand, Minho and Key continued staring at him as if he was crazy, Jonghyun was folded on the floor laughing and Taemin and Jongin were coming down the stairs. Nevertheless, he pretended not see them and walked to the kitchen, since the table on the living room was against the wall and there wasn’t space to all of them.

                They ate without much talk because they were starving. In the end, Onew and Taemin putted the things on the sink and joined the others, who were already in the living room.

                - Onew, where’s the bathroom? – Jonghyun asked.

                - You could have asked me, you know? – Key said, arching an eyebrow. – I know the house.

                - Upstairs, on the right down the hall. – Onew answered, pointing.

                Jonghyun nodded, getting up and walking toward to the stairs.

                - So, who will prepare the popcorns? – Key asked when Onew sat on the couch.

- Why don’t you go? – Onew and Minho asked at the same time.

            - Because I’m the guest, obviously! – The blond said, ignoring what the others continued to argue. – With a little of sugar, not much please! – He added, looking at Onew.

- Are you trying to say that I have to prepare the popcorns? – Onew asked, goggling.

- Of course! Who’s the owner of the house?

- Who had the idea?

- Please, it doesn’t matter! – Key rolled his eyes, staring at Onew in the end. – Good luck! Try not destroying the kitchen or, who knows, the house.

 

So the guys are having a sleepover, let's see how it goes!