Chapter 7

Fix a Heart

 

                - Stop calling him princess, Kibum! – He said, embarrassed. – And what do you mean? It was a good time, but I will never forgive you for letting me stay there alone!

                - But you were not alone, you were with Jonghyun, do you remember?

                - You know what I mean! And stop this awkward conversation. Tell me, where’s Taemin?

                - I’ve already told you. He’s at school.

                - And why didn’t you bring him home?

                - This seems as an investigation, seriously. – Key said, pretending to be scared.

                - And that’s what it is. So, answer me!

                - He stayed at school because he had some doubts so he was talking with the teacher. Are you happy now?

                -  So many that you couldn’t have waited for him?

                - Onew, really, you’re scaring me. I’m about to call your mother so she can save me. – He said, moving away. When an idea appeared on his head, he had to make an effort to not laugh. There for, he turned his face serious. – But ok, I’ll tell you the truth.

                - I knew you were lying! Tell me.

                - So, me and Minho were at the school’s gate, right? – When the other nodded, he continued. – Well, Taemin was not alone. He was with a huge gang.

                - A GANG? You mean a real gang? – Key nodded making the other’s eyes almost pop out. - And you let my little brother with those guys? Are you mad or what? He can be in trouble! Oh my God, we need to call the police!

                - Hyung, think with me. – Kibum said, making a huge effort to not laugh. – Kids need to grow up.

                - Grow up? GROW UP? You’re talking about my brother, my little brother! Do you even know if those guys were his friends or if they were bullying him?

                -  No, I have no idea.

                - WHAT? We need to go find him right now! – Onew said, getting up and starting to walk. – Come on!

                - You actually think this is true, don't you?

                - You were kidding? – Onew asked, while the other started to laugh. – I’m gonna kill you! I hate you so much right now!

                - You should have seen your face! HILARIOUS! I can’t even breath, I’m laughing so much that I’ll never stop!

                The older one was about to answer, when a voice came from the hall.

                - I’m home! – Taemin crooned.

                - Oh, he will see! – Key said, stopping laugh and walking quickly out of the living-room. As soon as he saw Taemin, he screamed: - Tell me, who is she?

                Taemin lifted an eyebrow and carelessly drop his bag on the floor: - Hey there, Kibum hyung. My day was quite good, thanks for asking. How was yours?

                - Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about, little boy! You were lucky Minho was there, or else-

                - Who’s Minho?

                - What’s all this noise about? – Onew stepped in the conversation not understanding a bit of what was going on between the two. – And Minho is Kibum’s new friend.

                Taemin laughed and walked to his room, followed by his hyungs. He was especially concerned about the younger of the two since he knew exactly what he was talking about. Jongin was the perfect best friend, except that he didn’t know how to lie. So, he tried to avoid it: - You have a friend, hyung? That’s new!

                Onew chuckled at this brother’s comment and Kibum change his gaze between the two: - What do you mean by that? I have plenty of friends.

                - Yes, but none of them are really your friends, are they? Minho, on the other hand…

                Kibum rolled his eyes and sat on Taemin’s bed: - Stop! Did you know that your little brother has a girlfriend? – Onew only nodded twice. - WHAT? – The blond yelled, standing up again, while the brothers started to laugh. – What are you laughing about? Was I the last one to know?

                - Of course not. There are a lot of people who don’t know about it yet. Like my parents, my grandparents, my- The boy stopped when he heard Key grumbling and scrunched his nose: - Don’t be mad, Kibummie. It wasn’t on purpose; I just wanted to make sure it was for real before I told you because I know you and I don’t want you to scare her away.

                - What’s that supposed to mean? – Noticing how Jinki began to laugh, the blond turned to him without waiting for Taemin’s reply. – YAH! Stop laughing, you !  You knew and you didn’t tell me.

                With that, the two brothers started to laugh, throwing themselves on the bed which resulted on Kibum being smashed by them. After a while, with the noise becoming unbearable, Mrs. Lee entered the room asking them to be quiet. Corresponding to the demand, the blond boy lifted himself from the bed and apologized. As soon as their mother was out of the room, Key kindly insulted them a little more and then excused himself, saying that he needed to go since it was almost dinner time. The boy leaved the house and caught the bus home.

**

                A few weeks have passed and the boys were actually growing close to each other. Well, Jonghyun and Onew’s friendship was still a little awkward since the older one seemed to lose his ability to speak coherently every time he was near the other. However, that didn’t stop Kibum from making them have lunch every day at the college’s cafeteria.

                Today, however, was different since the blond wasn’t with them.

                - Why isn’t Key here?

                - Hyung, I told you already that he couldn’t come today. – Minho answered for the countless time while he rolled his eyes. - Onew hyung have said it too. You don’t listen to other people, do you?

                - Don’t be mean to me, Minho. – Jonghyun pouted while he clung to the taller’s arm. – I’m just a little dreamy today.

                - Can we know what you’re so dreamy about?

                Jonghyun giggled like a little kid at Onew’s question and blinked a few times before answering: - I’m thinking that maybe I should find a partner to Roo. She feels lonely during the day and well, she can’t die a , you know?

                While Minho smacked his forehead with his hand and shook his head, Jinki had actually burst out laughing like a maniac making half of the students look at them. Feeling slightly embarrassed by his hyungs and their noisy laugh, the younger one got up; making them, finally, stop.

                - Where are you going?

                - To class. – Minho stared at them. – And, honestly, away from you. You two are insane.

                Minho waved at the boys and walked away before they could retort. However, that didn’t stopped Jonghyun from screaming at the brunet from where he was. Which was across the room. If before only half of the students were looking at them, now, Minho was sure, that they had the full attention of the whole college. Pretending it had nothing to do with him, he shrugged and walked to his class.

                The day was being quite boring without Kibum around. Sure, he like being with Jonghyun and Onew, it was better than eating alone but he kind of missed the blond’s strange yet amusing personality. It was odd how he connected to Key when they were so different from each other.

                Before he could even realize, it was already the end of classes and Jonghyun was waiting for him at the parking lot of the college. Just as he entered the car, the other burst out: - What took you so long? I was about to leave you here.

                - No, you weren’t, hyung. – Minho smirked. – Now take me home because I have some errands.

 

Another one!  Thanks for all the subscribers, once again <3