Chapter 3

Fix a Heart

 

- Here, drink this!

                - What is this?

                - Just drink it, okay? – The blond rolled his eyes, pushing the glass into Minho’s chest, watching how the later took the whole liquid in one go. – Hey! Slow down, that’s strong!

                Minho shivered, hating the taste of the drink. He didn’t even know what that was but since Key was drinking it too, he shrugged, passing the glass to the blond: - Give me another one.

                - What? Are you serious?

                - Another. One.

                Kibum throw is head back and laughed. Was the pretty boy actually asking for another one? He didn’t even think Minho would drink the first one let alone request for more. Thinking that maybe this wasn’t going to be a complete waste of time, Kibum smirked and filled the glass, passing it to Minho once again.

                - So… What am I supposed to do now?

                - You should try talking to people or dance, I don’t know. I don’t usually think of what to do. – Seeing the confused look on the other’s face, the blond sighed again. – Do I really have to teach you everything? Drink some more. And- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT KID DOING HERE?

                Minho jumped at the sudden screams just to see Kibum disappear like an arrow in the middle of people. What has just happened? Was that really necessary? Well, since another person dumped him he might as well go home. But maybe… He could drink just one more glass before going. However before he even started to move, Kibum was back and grabbed his wrist pulling Minho with him. The taller did have problems to keep up with the other’s pace since he was walking rather fast and swinging between people like a mad person.

                - Kibum, what’s going on?

                - I need your help. – He screamed above the music not even sparing Minho a glance while he just continued walking. – You can’t tell Jinki hyung about this.

                Minho didn’t even try to say that he didn’t knew Jinki; he doubted that Kibum would listen in the middle of that confusion. The blond suddenly stopped walking and Minho didn’t had time to do so, so he just collided with Kibum, making him stumble forward.

                Without thinking, he grabbed the smaller’s waist preventing him from falling: - I got you.

                Kibum thanked God and all the other deities that the room was dark and that his back was facing Minho or he could see how his cheeks were red right now. Gulping, the blond shook Minho’s hands away before turning to him: - Don’t touch me!

                - I was just trying to help, you know?

                - Yeah, whatever. – Kibum rolled his eyes. – If you want to do it, help me carry Taemin upstairs. He just collapsed. I think he drank too much.

                The brunet followed Kibum’s line of sight and found a younger boy leaning on a wall, while sitting on the floor. Minho wanted to ask who he was but Kibum was already near the boy, placing an arm around his waist and looking at Minho, forcing him to wake from his trance and join him. And that’s what he did. He actually putted the boy on his back, earning a surprised look from Kibum who had eventually started to walk in the front making way and opening every door until they reached the boy’s bedroom. Once they got there, Minho laid him on the bed and turned to Kibum.

                - Taeminnie, what have you done?

                - Who’s he? – Minho had to ask as he watched the concerned look on Kibum’s face. – Your brother? Boyfriend?

                - Jinki hyung would kill us if he had heard what you just said. – The blond chuckled while he pulled a few locks of the boy’s hair out of his face. – This is Taemin. Hyung’s brother.

                - Oh. Is he… Is he younger than us?

                - Yes, he is. Why? Are you thinking about hitting on him or something?

                - What? No! – Minho widened his eyes, shaking his head at the same time. – No, I just wanted to know. You seem to care a lot about him.

                - And I do. He’s like a baby brother to me. – He explained smiling at the sleeping boy, caressing his cheeks. – So don’t go near him! Not that you would cause him big harm.

                - What’s that supposed to mean?

                - Nothing, pretty face. – Kibum winked getting up from the bed and walking to Minho. – Thanks for the help but I think our night has to end here. I would tell you to go have fun by yourself down there but it wouldn’t work. – As the blond was talking, Minho looked down, embarrassed. – I’ll talk to you on Monday, okay? Or maybe during the weekend. I’m not done with you yet.

                Minho didn’t know if he should be grateful or embarrassed so he just stood there rubbing his neck. And then he gave Kibum a little smile and got out of the room. Now, he just had to wait for Jonghyun to appear or he could get the car and go home, paying back to his best friend for letting him alone.

**

                - I know you’re enjoying being with me, but I got to go. – Jonghyun said, while getting up of the bed. – Oh, my head hurts.

                - Of course it hurts, you drank too much. – Onew said, holding the other. – Sit here for a moment; you shouldn’t do these quick moves.

                - Ok, I’ll sit. – The smaller one said, while sitting next to the other. – Where’s Minho? Did you see him?

                - I talked with Key while you were sleeping and he said that –

                - Wait! – Jonghyun interrupted. – I feel asleep? What time is it then?

                - Calm down, you just slept two hours. Don’t you remember? I gave you a medicine for your headache and then you threw yourself on my bed and fell asleep.

                - You drugged me? – Jonghyun asked, goggling. – Oh, sorry. Of course you didn’t. So, what were you saying about Key?

                - Oh, right. I talked with him and he said that Minho went home.

                - WHAT? – Jonghyun yelled, putting a hand on his head when it hurt him.

                - Keep calm or you’ll never get better!

                - Yeah, you’re right. Hyung, sorry about the jar and thanks for the medicine, I’ll be fine soon. – He said, smiling. - Now, I think I got to go.

                - About that… Minho took your car.

                - Good. REALLY good, Minho! Now I’ll have to walk!

                - Why don’t you stay here until tomorrow? I can sleep in the living room –

                - Thanks, but I prefer to go home. It’s near to yours, so I can walk, there’s no problem.

                - If you’re sure… It was nice to meet you, Jonghyun-ssi.