Chapter 16

Fix a Heart

 

- Stop! No one’s saying or doing anything until I know what’s going on.

- Hm, Minho, I think it’s pretty obvious, actually. – The blond approached the other laying a hand on his arm. – Even Taemin realized what was going on.

- Yeah, I understood what happened. – Minho rolled his eyes. – But what’s that about Jonghyun kissing Onew hyung? And why did you know about it and I don’t?

- I was going to tell you, Minho, I was…

- Oh, please, just dress something. – The blond interrupted. - It’s bothering me how you both are completely under that blanket.

Key grabbed Minho’s hand and pulled them both to the kitchen, starting to laugh as he got there. The taller, on the other hand, didn’t understand why he was laughing but soon he was being infected by the sound. That’s just how Key was for him. Some kind of infection. A good one.

- Did you saw Jonghyun’s face? It was hilarious. He looked like a confused puppy.

- Was that your way of calling him cute?

Kibum stopped laughing at this and stared at the other: - What? No; of course not.

- Good. I was getting jealous.

- Stop right there. – He stretched his arm trying to create space between the two and moved to the other side of the counter in the center of the kitchen. – Just because I’ve let you sleep with me…

- Oh… - Jonghyun chuckled as he and Onew entered the room. – That’s why you didn’t answer me earlier.

Minho looked away from the smaller’s mocking gaze and muttered: - The reason why you haven’t picked your phone was worse. – And then, he said, loudly. – You still have a lot to explain to me. First of all, I would like to know why you didn’t tell me you were into boys.

- Like you told me, Minho?

- I never hide that I wasn’t that much interested in girls, hyung. You, however, were always like ‘uh, hot’, ‘nice ’, ‘I would like to know what it’s like to get laid’ every time a girl passed us. So I just assumed you were straight, you know?

- Is that really the point here? – Kibum asked before Jonghyun could talk. – I think the most traumatizing thing for me it’s how they’ve done it while Jinki was injured. I mean that way, Jonghyun would have to-

- Kibum! Shut up! – The three of them shouted making the other jump, startled.

- Gee, guys, relax. – He arched a brow, scrunching his nose. - It’s not like we don’t know how it’s done, okay? So now that it’s official I only ask you to not do anything too explicit in front of me.

Jonghyun threw him a smirk: - Like what you and Minho were doing the last time we’ve been in this kitchen? – He saw how Kibum opened his mouth to answer but was incapable of doing so. – Don’t worry, Key, we’ll make sure we take it to the room from now on.

- That was nothing, you stupid jerk! And who are you to talk? You’ve just done it in the middle of the living room!

- Kibum, calm down. – Minho urged, stepping in between them. – Let’s have some fresh air, okay? And you need to learn when to shut up, hyung.

- You’re so dead, Jonghyun. – Key threatened while Minho kept pushing him to the backyard. – I just hope you have officially asked him to be your boyfriend! No man deserves Jinki if he hasn’t done it!

**

- He’s an idiot, Minho! Your best friend is a complete idiot.

Kibum growled as they were out in the back of the house kicking some rock in the way. He slumped next to a tree and rested his head. Minho, who followed him close behind, dropped at this side and stood silent even when he knew he was under the other’s gaze.

- Was that true? – He wondered, still not looking at Key. – What you’ve said in there? That the kiss was nothing?

The blond gulped and turned his focus to the pool letting silence sink between them, as he thought about the question. After a while, and much to Minho’s surprise, he spook again: - No. It… it meant something for me. I just don’t know how to react to it.

- Why?

- Because I’m scared of getting hurt.

- I would never hurt you, Kibum. – Minho whispered taking the other’s slim hand in his, pulling Key’s body to him and making him settle between his legs with the smaller’s back leaning against his chest. – You know that, right?

- I know but I just… Give me some time, Minho. Please.

Kibum hold his breath while he waited for the other’s response. Would Minho be able to understand him? Or would he just stand up and leave? He really didn’t want that to happen; he liked Minho. A lot. But he wasn’t ready yet. All his worries were vanished when he felt Minho nodding his head and increasing his grip on him. A small smile took place on Kibum’s lips as he closed his eyes and snuggled into the other’s chest a little more.

A few minutes passed and they were still on the same position, until Minho moved: - Shouldn't you be checking on Taemin? He seemed a little traumatized, to be honest.

- He can wait. – He argued, not moving. But suddenly the blond got up and turned around looking at the other while he also stood up. – Maybe I should really go. Are you coming?

- No, I’m staying a little bit. – Minho grinned, approaching the other. -  And I think I’ve saw enough about those two for today.

Kibum nodded and headed to the inside of Onew’s house. Minho turned to the pool but before he could take a step, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, making him stay still. The brunet chuckled when Key rubbed his face on his back and then leaved, making he feel disappointed at the contact loss.

Key ran to the house, stopping at the kitchen when he saw Jonghyun sitting on a chair while Onew had his hands on each side, trapping him. He cleared his throat and made them both jump: - Oh, don’t worry about me, lovebirds. I’m just going to check on Taemin.

When he disappeared to the stairs, Onew and Jonghyun looked at each other, confused.

- What happened with him? He was threatening me just a while ago and now he came back all smiles?

- It was Minho. – Onew looked outside seeing their friend by the pool. – And Kibum’s mood swings. Anyway… - He said, returning to Jonghyun’s side. – He was right.

- About what? Not asking you to be my boyfriend? Do I have to do it even after what happened in there?

Onew twitched and walked to the window, finding the view much interesting than the other male in the room: - You don’t have to. But it’s better if you do it. – He then turned to him, smirking. – You know… Kibum will haunt you forever if you don’t.

- Is this still about him? – Jonghyun walked to the older who was still grinning. – Or are we talking about you now?

- Both. So just do it.

Jonghyun leaned forward and kissed the other one slowly. When he pulled away, Onew saw him smiling with a loving expression: - Will you, Lee Jinki, be my boyfriend?

- It could be better, you know? You’re awful at this.

- Yah! Why are you acting like Key? – He whined, slapping Onew’s arm. – Stop it and answer me.

The slightly taller one chuckled and pulled Jonghyun to him, making him collide with his chest and wrapping his arms around him. They stayed like that for a while until Onew pushed him back with his hands still of the other’s back.

- You didn’t have to ask, you know? You already knew my answer. - Jonghyun opened his mouth to reply but before that Onew kissed him pulling away just as quickly. – I’m gonna talk to Minho. You stay here or in the living room. Just don’t come near, okay?

The younger gave him a sideways glance, not amused at all, and then made his way to the living room. Regardless of it, Onew didn’t miss the wide smile that was adorning his lips making him repeat the action as well.

**

Onew found Minho out there, exactly where Key had left him. The taller one seemed to be concerned about something, once he hasn’t noticed that Onew was coming, getting scared when he touched his shoulder.

- Oh, hyung, you scared me. Do you need anything?

 - No, I was just looking for you. I saw Kibum passing alone, all smiles. – He said, chuckling, and turning his expression serious again. – Minho, about earlier…

- You don’t need to explain anything to me hyung. You seem very happy, and so does Jonghyun. I’m happy for you two, I just was surprised… I had no idea!

- Yeah, if it was me entering the room, I would be shocked too. – He answered, laughing. – And you? You seem to be worried… Is anything wrong?

- No, it’s fine. I’m just a little tired, don’t worry.

Onew nodded and said that he would go inside. However, when he turned around to start walking, Minho grabbed his arm: - Hyung? Do you know what’s going on with Key?

- What do you mean? Is anything wrong with him?

- I don’t know, I… - Minho started, making a little pause before continue. – I was talking with him and he said that he was scared of getting hurt. And now it doesn’t get out of my head.

- You have to go easy on him. – Onew said, totally understanding what was going on. – Key likes you… I mean, he likes you a lot! You just have to give him some time for him to realize you like him the same way.

 - What do you mean? Of course I like him, I think that he knows about that, but he just can’t -

- Key was betrayed. – Onew said, interrupting Minho, who stopped what he was about to say. – His ex-boyfriend was cheating on him and he found out.

- What? – Minho asked, surprised. – Who was this stupid guy?

- It doesn’t matter. You just need to know that that’s the reason why he’s so hesitant. Make him know not that you like him, but that you love him. – Onew said, patting him on the shoulder, and turning around to go inside.

 

This one is a little longer than the others. Hope you like it <3