Chapter 4

Fix a Heart

 

                  Jonghyun woke up next day and the first thing he did was look for his phone so he could call Minho. He looked to the clock and saw it was a little past two o’clock and he was sure that the other was awake.

                - Of course you can take my car, you don’t need to ask! – Jonghyun said, as soon as the other answered the call.

                - If you weren’t drunk laying in the others’ bed, maybe I could ask you or better!, maybe you could come with me in your car.

                - Ok, we’re not going to talk about that! Can you come here and bring my car back?

                - Give me twenty-five minutes and open the door!

                Exactly twenty-five minutes later, Jonghyun opened the door. Minho wasn’t there yet but it didn’t take too long to the taller one arrive.

                - Why are you late? – Jonghyun asked, moving his eyebrows. – Who did you drive home?

                - No one.

                - Don’t lie to me! You got out of the party really soon, didn’t you? – Jonghyun moved his eyebrows again. – Who did you take with you? I hope my car hasn’t suffered.

                 - I was tired, hyung, it’s not what you think, you ert.

                - Hum, hum, tell me stories! – The other said, pretending to believe. – So, how was the party? What have you done?

                Minho remembered the thing about Taemin but the blond boy wouldn’t be very happy if he told what had happened. On the other hand, Jonghyun would never shut up with no answer. So, he opted for the shorter side of the true: - Nothing.

                - NOTHING? What do you mean nothing? 

                - Nothing as in nothing interesting.

                - Was the really that bad?

                - Jonghyun! Shut your mouth, already! – Minho hissed, punching his friend on the arm. – Who do you think I am? I was with Kibum all night.

                - You were with Kibum? Who’s Kibum? Oh! Key? He didn’t let you alone? Were you really with him?  – Jonghyun kept on throwing questions not giving Minho time to answer.  – Wow, that’s something interesting, you bastard! How was it? Oh man, I bet it was good.

                - For god’s sake, why are you like this and why do I bother to go hang around with you? – He reached for the door and opened it, hearing Jonghyun asking where he was going. – Away from you! You have a sick mind and I don’t want to be like that too. And don’t need to bother, I’ll take the bus, I can’t listen to you anymore right now.

                - I love you too, baby, and I’ll call you later. – Jonghyun shouted from his door and watched as Minho putted his hands into his pockets and shrugged until he reached the bus station.

**

                - Do you know how hard is to find you? What are you doing here anyway? Are you trying to hide?

                Minho raised his head from the book he was currently reading in the school library, only to meet Kibum sitting on the table staring at him with his eyebrow arched. How did he even find him? He was in the most hidden corner of the library.

                - What? – Was all Minho could bring himself say.

                - Why are you here alone? Jonghyun was right… - Kibum said, looking around. – I talked to him this morning. He thought it was a good idea waking me up. Obviously, it wasn’t but I’ll talk to him when he is better. Why aren’t you saying anything?

                - You’re doing all the talking. Besides, what do you want me to say?

                Kibum rolled his eyes and smacked Minho on the chest: - Did you talk to him?

                - Yes and I know he’s sick. He blames me for it. Because I took his car and made him walk home in the middle of a cold night. – Minho did his best to impersonate Jonghyun’s voice, making the blond laugh. – But what are you doing here?

                - I’m here to take you for lunch!

                The taller one widened his eyes but before he could say anything, Kibum got up and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the cafeteria. He only got time to pick his book and backpack before the other dragged him without letting go of his hand until they reached an empty table.

                - Do you bring your lunch or you gonna buy it?

                - No, I-

                Before Minho could end his sentence, Kibum put both of his hands on the table and leaned forward. – Don’t you dare not be here when I come back, okay?

                Minho just nodded and watched as the blond went to wait up on the line stopping every now and then to talk to some people. The brunet could feel the other students staring at him and he was starting to feel uncomfortable. The stares were only aggravated when Kibum finally came back and sat in front of Minho.

                - Everyone’s staring at us.

                Kibum looked around and shrugged while began to eat: - I know. Just ignore it. So… Did Jonghyun tell you that he broke one of Jinki’s jars?

                - No, he spend most of time trying to find out what happened with me even if nothing did actually happened. He was pretty depressed by the fact that you didn’t try to get on my pants.

                - Oh. I- Well, I don’t-

                For the first time ever, Minho saw how Kibum seemed to struggle with words.

                - Don’t worry, Kibum. We’re talking about my best friend here, I know how much of a he can be. But he is a good guy though.

                - Yeah. – The blond muttered being unable to stop what followed next. – It’s just that everyone seems to think that about me but I’m not really like that. God! I only had with one person!

                - Wow! Too much information, Key.

                Minho saw how another guy joined them by sliding his tray on the table and sat right next to Kibum. The last one didn’t seemed surprise since he just continued chewing his food while Minho stood there looking at the male with his sandwich halfway through his mouth.

                - Oh, right! Minho, this is Jinki hyung.

                - So you’re the infamous Minho? – The guy smiled widely to Minho turning to Kibum with a frown. – Bummie, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Onew instead of Jinki?

                - How many times will I have to hear that until you understand I’m not doing it?

                Onew rolled his eyes and stared at the other guy named Minho.

                - So, you’re Jonghyun’s friend. – He affirmed, smiling. – I heard about you.

                - Unfortunately. – The other answered, laughing. – No, I’m kidding. He’s easy to endure… sometimes.

                - Before you ask… - The blond started, looking to Onew. – The princess is at home.

                - What? – The other asked, visibly confused.

                - Jonghyun! He’s sick and he’s not coming to the school today.

                Onew didn’t answer while thoughts of blame were dancing through his mind. Jonghyun was sick? Of course it was because he had let him go home in the middle of the night. He never thought of force him to spend the night in his house.

                - Hum, are you still here? – Key asked, waving his hand ten centimeters apart from the other’s head.

                - Hum? Oh, yes, of course I am. What did you say?

                - Why do you always make me repeat? Can’t you pay attention to what I’m saying at least once? I was saying that we will go to Jonghyun’s house after classes. Do you want to join us?

                - Yes, maybe. – Onew answered, already knowing that he would go with them.

 

Another one!

Once again, thanks for all the subscribers :)