Chapter 20

Fix a Heart

 

Ten years later

- I’m so nervous.

- It’s only natural, Taeminnie. I know.

- No, you don’t. – Taemin said, turning to Key, who was at his side. – You live with Minho hyung but you two are not married.

- Yah! Shut up and stay still, I’m trying to help, okay? – He snapped, slapping the younger’s hand away from his tie. – By the way, where the hell is your brother?

Taemin shrugged, taking deep breaths: - Maybe he fell somewhere.

Just then the door opened and Onew entered the room, stumbling: - That’s not very nice, Taemin but I’m letting it pass since it’s your wedding day. Everyone’s already waiting for you.

Taemin froze and hold his breath for a while before letting all go and turned to Kibum with wide eyes: - What if I fall? What if she thinks I look awful in this stupid suit and decides to leave me there? I don’t think I’m ready, maybe I should had never purpose.

- Calm down, baby. First of all, the clumsy genes in your family went all to your brother, so you won’t fall, okay? And second of all, you look so handsome in this amazing suit that she would be stupid to leave you. Finally, yes, purposing to Yoona was one of your best decisions because I’ve never saw you so happy.

When Key finished talking, Onew was already by his side nodding. Compelled by the other’s nodding, Taemin started smiling, feeling a lot more confident about himself and the wedding. Suddenly he felt his brother’s arms around him and he closed his eyes.

- Thanks, hyung.

- I’m so proud of you, Taemin. – Jinki said when he pulled away, smiling. – I knew you would marry before me.

Taemin chuckled and turned to Key who was unusually quiet. When the younger saw him, he understood why: - Are you crying, Bummie?

- What? No! – He denied, sniffling and wiping his tears, furiously. – Why would I be crying? Just because my little Taemin is getting married and he won’t need me anymore? No. I’m not crying, not over something stupid like that.

- Is it the make-up then? – The younger asked, knowing what Kibum said wasn’t true, seeing him nod. – Hyung… - He pulled Key to himself, wrapping him. – I’ll always need you, you are my umma.

- Go! I told you it was not because of it. – He argued, pushing Taemin to the door, before smiling. – Be happy.

When he opened the door, Minho suddenly entered the room, almost tripping. All of them raised their eyebrows but Key was the one to tall, approaching his boyfriend: - What are you doing here? – He asked, stretching Minho’s jacket. – Are you insane?

- Jonghyun wanted to know if you were crying.

- What? Why?

Minho pulled a little to the side and allowed them to see Jonghyun sitting on a chair with his hands on his face, hiccupping. Onew was the first to run to him, sitting on his side and putting his arms around the smaller’s shoulders, patting his head.

- Is everything okay? Why are you crying?

Sniffling even more, Jonghyun let muffled words leave his mouth: - Taeminnie is getting married and I’m so happy.

- Then why are you crying? – Kibum snapped, approaching him and landing a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it. – Are you completely stupid? If you’re happy, you should be smiling.

- You’re the one to talk! You were crying too, Kibum.

- I was not crying, you , that was the make-up! And how do you even know that?

Jonghyun looked at him with red eyes and smirked: - Minho heard everything you’ve said in there.

Key smiled, ironically and turned to his boyfriend who put his arms up, in defense, taking a few steps back.

- It wasn’t my fault, baby. I was trying to help Jonghyun since he didn’t stop the whining.

- I’m going to kill you both!

- After my wedding, please. – Taemin appeared between the both of them, pulling them apart. – Can we go now? I’m sick of all this tears and drama, I just wanna get married.

- Yah! Only minutes ago you weren’t so sure of this. – Onew snapped, pulling his younger brother’s ear, making him wince. – Be a little more polite, brat.

- Alright, alright, let go of me, hyung.

When Onew was about to let go of Taemin, Jongin’s head popped through the door and he widened his eyes at the scene: - What are you doing to your brother, hyung? Oh, never mind. Taemin! You got to enter the church, Yoona is coming already.

Taemin nodded, frenetically, and the younger disappeared again just as Onew let go of him. He took a deep breath and stared at them all giving him encouraging smiles. He nodded once more and walked to the door, putting his hand on the knob.

- Taeminnie, before we go… - Kibum spook, carefully, before he opened the door. - Can you do aegyo one last time for us?

- No, I can’t. It’s my wedding, I’m an adult now, I don’t do aegyo!

- But Taemin…

- Hyung. – He dragged the word, stomping his feet on the ground. – Stop it.

That leave both Jonghyun and Key squealing like crazy and run to Taemin, crashing him in a bear hug, only letting him go when Onew and Minho pushed them. The younger rolled his eyes and then happily smiled, finally opening the door and going out.

- Oh my god, there he goes, I’m finally letting my baby boy go. – The blond cried when he felt Minho’s arms around him. – I’m gonna miss him.

- We’re also going to miss his wedding if you keep crying. – Jinki glared at Key and Jonghyun, pushing the last one out of the door. – You gotta catch Yoona’s bouquet so we can be the next ones.

- Yes, of course, I’ll- Jonghyun interrupted himself, realizing what the other had said. - Yah! I’m not a girl! You want a bouquet, you’re gonna catch it!

- I was just kidding, Jjongie. You know that we are already married in my heart.

Key made a disgusted look at Onew’s words and snorted: - I think Jinki hyung is taking it from you, Minho. – He said, making them all look at him. – What? Did you hear what he was saying? Hyung, seriously, don’t go after this tall guy, he only makes me want to puke.

- You should appreciate it, Key.

- Don’t tell me you actually like this? Oh dear lord, Jonghyun is really a lost soul, have mercy of him. – He dramatized, earning laughs from the others. – You should probably pray for yourself, since we are already at a church.

- Can we please go now? – Onew looked at his watch. – We’re gonna be late even if we’re already here.

- Yeah, yeah, chop, chop, everyone! We gotta move! – Kibum clapped his hands and walked him front of them, dragging Minho along with him, being stopped right after passing the door, crashing into the taller’s chest. – What?

 - You don’t like it when I say that I love you?

Key blushed and looked behind Minho’s shoulder, seeing the other two waving him with teasing grins on his face: - We’re not talking about this right now, Minho.

- Incredible! You still blush after all this time whenever I say this words.

- Shut up, I can already feel Jonghyun making fun of me because of this.

- He won’t do it.

Kibum raised an eyebrow: - You know your best friend better than I do; Minho and you know it’s true. – Upon seeing Minho’s look, the blond frowned and lowered his voice. – I love you too, dork.

Minho smiled right away and kissed him. Just as that happened, they could hear Jonghyun laughing behind them and approaching, hitting Minho’s back and winking at Key.

- Come on, pinky cheeks! This time is serious, we really gotta go.

- Yah, Kim Jonghyun! I’m going to kill you! – He yelled, starting to run after the other making all the guests and Taemin look at them.

Jinki approached Minho and patted his back: - They’re never going to change, are they?

 - I don’t think so and, honestly, I don’t want them to. 

 

So yeah, this is the last one.

Nothing special about it, to be honest, just a random thing since we are not good at endings xD

Thanks to all of you who left a comment and subscribed , it meant a lot to us <3