Chapter 14

Fix a Heart

 

Minho let out a long breath as his finger touched Kibum’s door bell. He didn’t know from where this courage was coming. The blond made very clear that he didn’t want company but he couldn’t stay home knowing that he was going to be alone. So when he got home, his mother almost pushed him out of the house, demanding that he should keep Kibum’s company.

The front door open but instead of Key, he found Yoogeun, who was smiling: - Minho hyung! Have you come to visit us? Come on in, I have this new game that I was-

- Yoogeun! How many times do I have to tell you to not… - The blond was nagging with his phone by his ear but his word died when he saw who was at the door. – Minho? What are you doing here? – Just as Minho was going to answer, he continued. - Shut up, Jinki, I’ll call you later.

- Bummie, Bummie! – Yoogeun yelled, skipping around the other. – Can Minho hyung have dinner with us? I want him to help me through that level, you know? The one you couldn’t pass.

When Minho chuckled and Kibum sighed, the little boy grabbed the brunet’s hand and pulled him inside, leading him to the living room where the game was paused. The blond sighed, once more, and followed them but instead of sitting on the couch he walked to his desk, finishing some work on his laptop.

A few minutes later, Yoogeun yelled in satisfaction as he finally passed that one level with Minho’s help and ran to Kibum asking for food. The three of them went to the kitchen and sat on the table while Key putted the slices of pizza on their plates. Dinner time was spent with Minho and Yoogeun talking about the game and all the blond could do was roll his eyes.

- Come on, Yoogeunnie, it’s time to go to bed.

- But Bummie. – The little one whined, stamping his foot. – Hyung is here and we could play a little more and-

- Don’t make me repeat myself, Yoogeun. If you don’t go to bed now, you can’t wake up tomorrow and you know it. – Kibum warned seeing how the other frowned. – Besides, Minho has to go home too. So say goodnight to him and go wash your teeth. Do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?

Yoogeun, who was now upset, shook his head and then turned to Minho, waving at him before running to his room and close the door. Kibum groaned and was about to follow the boy when a hand closed itself around his arm.

- You look adorable in that.

Key looked down on himself to see that he had his SpongeBob pajama pants and a plain white shirt: - Shut up, Minho. What are you doing here anyway? I told you I didn’t want you to come.

- But I’m here. – The taller smirked. – So, what do you want to do?

- Nothing, because you’re going home.

- Let me stay a little bit, Kibum. – Minho pleaded, batting his eyelashes. – How about we try that level again? You and I.

Kibum rolled his eyes and nodded because he couldn’t actually say no to a challenge. Even more when was Minho who suggested it. He would do anything to wipe that deliberate grin of the taller’s face. However, a few minutes later, Minho’s grin was only wider because he won which let Kibum with a sulky expression.

- As my prize… I want you to kiss me.

- I don’t remember saying that there would be a prize. – He did his best to hide his embarrassment, looking at his lap.

- Well, but I’m going to claim it anyway.

- What do you mean? – Kibum turned his head to the side, regretting it in the second after. Not really. - What are you doing?

Minho smiled and brought his face even closer to Key’s: - I told you already. I’m claiming my prize.

He then placed one of his hands on the other’s chin and let his lips fell on Kibum’s. The latter, no longer surprised and secretly wanting this, putted his hand on Minho’s neck, pulling him closer, if that was physically possible. Smirking, Minho laid Kibum on the couch, until he was leaning on the armrest and set himself between his legs.

Too soon, Kibum, with his hands on the boy’s chest, pushed him back: - We shouldn’t do this.

- I do a lot of things that I shouldn’t do.

Just as he said those words, he was already assaulting Kibum’s mouth again while one of his hands was playing with the hem of the blond’s white shirt. When Minho finally touched Key’s flesh, the other gasped, surprised, which resulted in him pulling away once more.

- Dammit, Kibum, what now?

- Don’t get all grumpy on me, idiot. Get off me, I’m going to bed and you need to go home.

- I’m not going home. – He said, grinning and when Kibum was ready to ask why, a loud thunder was heard. – Because of the weather, of course.

- Even Mother Nature is against me, unbelievable. – He dramatically sighed, throwing his hands in the air, starting to walk to his room. – Bring that blanket; you’re sleeping on the floor.

Minho could only chuckle and follow the other. When the taller reached the bedroom, Kibum was already putting a thick blanket on the ground, next to his bed. He only pointed with his finger to the improvised bed and tucked himself under the covers not sparing Minho another glance.

When the taller asked for something to wear for sleep, Key groaned and got out of the bed, running to the wardrobe and throwing him some oversized t-shirt and sweatpants, returning to bed. Minho fought the urge to smile as the other boy peeked for his covers while he change his clothes, closing his eyes when he noticed that the object of this admiration was looking at him.

Feeling a little audacious, Minho climbed to Kibum’s bed getting under the blankets, lying down next to the other. He felt how Key stiffened and was about to turn to him when he putted his hand on the blond’s hip.

- What the hell do you think you’re doing? You better get out of this bed right now.

- But it’s cold down there, Bummie. – He whined, faking a sad voice. – Let me stay here.

- Y-yah! – Kibum snapped, finally being able to turn to the boy. – Why are you doing this? And don’t call me Bummie.

- What do you mean? Because I like you, of course.

Kibum widened his eyes and opened his mouth, trying to say something but the words seemed to be stuck at his throat and all he could do was blink at an insane speed. Finally, he took a long breath and turned his back to Minho: - Just sleep, okay?

The blond didn’t even tried to complain when Minho’s hand found its way to his waist again and squeezed it a little. Neither did he said anything when he could feel the other’s lips curling up against his neck’s skin. Kibum also smiled, a little embarrassed, and closed his eyes letting exhaustion take its best.

**

The next day came quickly and Jonghyun woke up too early. When he checked the clock he noticed it wasn’t even time to make hospital visits. Once he couldn’t sleep, he got up and took a bath. When he was ready, he took a look at the house, prepared the breakfast and left home. He called Minho but he didn’t answer the phone so he decided to go to the hospital and wait for the visits time.

When he arrived, he just sat on the chair and wait for the time to pass. So, thirty minutes later, the receptionist came to tell him that he could go inside. He almost run because he was tired of waiting.

- Good morning sunshine! – Jonghyun said, entering in the room and opening the windows to let the sun get in. – So, how are you?

- To be honest, I was good before you enter here screaming and opening the windows. You know, I just woke up…

- I’m here waiting since half an hour ago! – Jonghyun said, sitting on the bed, next to the other. – Wake up earlier was the least that you could do. And you didn’t answer my question. How are you?

- I think I’m fine, my ankle doesn’t hurt, but I haven’t tried to get up. Can you help me?

- Of course I can. – Jonghyun said, getting up and putting the other’s arm around his shoulders. – Just put your foot on the ground slowly.

In this moment, a nurse got into the room and smiled at the boys: - You’re doing a good work. Jinki, try to support yourself in the foot please. – The woman watched while Onew was doing what she asked to. – Does it hurt?

- No, I’m fine. – Onew said, shifting the weight from one foot to the other several times.

- Good. Here is your breakfast. – The nurse said, pulling a cart to the bedside. – Let’s just change the bandages.

Onew lay in bed and stretched his foot to the nurse. Meanwhile, Jonghyun was holding his hand.

- You two are cute. – The nurse said, suddenly. – Are you siblings or something like that?

- No, we’re just friends. – Jonghyun said, seeing that Onew just stared with his eyes wide open without answering. – Close friends.

The woman nodded and, after finished her work, looked to both: - Doctor will come after lunch to let you go home. The lunch is for two?

Onew looked to Jonghyun, who just nodded: - Yes, if you don’t mind.

               

finally we have the minkey kiss from minkey's pov!  what do you guys think?

and jjong's still being a good boy ^^