Chapter 6

Fix a Heart

 

                Half an hour later, they were already arriving at Taemin’s school. It’s needless to say that obviously none of the two were quiet through all the way to their destination. Right after, Key have said to Minho to shut up, he started to talk like the blond haven’t said anything and, although that irritated Kibum, he could only bring himself to reply to the other.

                They were now happily talking at Taemin’s school exit, when Key waved to someone.

                - Hi Jongin.

                Said Jongin jumped in his place and looked to his right, seeing his hyung and a boy whom he never saw before.

                - Ki-Kibum hyung? What are you doing here? – Seeing the older’s arched brow, the boy bowed. – I mean… Hi hyung.

                - Where is Taemin? I’ve come to pick him.

                The younger looked around and gulped: - Taemin is talking to the teacher, he had some doubts.

                - Hm, okay. – Kibum smiled. – Do you know how long is going to take?

                - Awhile, maybe you should go home, hyung. – Jongin suggested, still not seeming the usual lively boy he was. – I have to go to.

                - Is something wrong, Jongin? Are you hiding something?

                The boy blinked a few times and shook his head: - No, hyung! I have to go, my mom’s waiting. Bye!

                - Strange… Jongin isn’t usually like this.

                - Maybe he was in a hurry, Kibum. Or he was sick.

                Kibum nodded, still not convinced. He was sure that something was wrong. Taemin’s best friend was an energetic kid and had always something to say. However, today he was too quiet and looked strange, like he was hiding something from him. He was obviously very startled to see Key there.

                His thoughts were vanished when the person he came to pick appear on the school’s gate.

                - There comes Taeminnie… - Kibum sang with a smile. One that immediately abandoned his face when he saw that Taemin wasn’t alone. – OH MY GOD! What is he doing? Wh-what is that? Who is that girl? What is she doing to my baby?

                Key was already ready to charge at full speed but Minho’s hand on his arm made him stay still: - What are you going to do? Let the boy be with his girlfriend.

                - What girlfriend? Taemin doesn’t have a girlfriend. He’s too young for that. – The blond snapped, trying to set himself free of Minho’s grasp. – Let me go! I wanna know the girl who is corrupting my Taeminnie.

                - He’s not a baby anymore, Kibum. Let him be.

                Key sighed and finally stopped moving under Minho’s grip, not falling to realize that the taller’s hand was still on his arm: - Guess you’re right. But why didn’t he tell me? I mean… I thought he told me everything.

                Minho giggled when he said the pout forming on Key’s mouth and started to lead the blond to the opposite direction of Taemin’s, heading to the bus station: - Give him some time. Tell you what… We’ll catch the bus to Onew hyung’s house and then you can wait for him there and I’ll go home.

                - Sorry, I made you walk here for nothing.

                - Don’t worry about it, I enjoy your company.

                Key smiled to the other boy and pushed Minho with his shoulder, making the other slip a little on the sidewalk. Minho returned to him with a frown which quickly resulted in a fit of giggles from the two of them while they waited for the bus.

**

                - Can’t wait for him to talk with me! – Jonghyun said, going back to the couch. – That idiot!

                - You know? I still think that’s my fault, because you were with me and…

                - Stop with that nonsense, yeah? In reality it was my fault, but I like to blame Minho. – The smaller one said, pulling the blanket. – I don’t need this anymore. So, are you hungry?

                - No, but I’m a little thirsty. Can you bring me a glass of water?

                - Sure. – Jonghyun got up and walked to the kitchen. – So, how was the day?

                - Hm, great.

                - Good. My day was really boring. I mean, it isn’t that I don’t like stay home because I do! It’s just that everybody was in college and I’m here! I little boring, don’t you think?

                - Yeah. – Onew said, after thinking about a better answer.

                - Yeah. – Jonghyun repeated. – So, here’s your water! Roo, stop annoying Onew-hyung!

                - No, let her be. She’s cute.

                - You don’t talk much, do you? – Jonghyun asked, noticing that the other just gave short answers.

                - I do, but… I think it’s time to go home! Yeah, Taemin must be already there. And he’s always forgetting the keys.

                - Ok, don’t be late because of me. – The smaller said, smiling. – I would like to meet Taemin someday.

                - And sure you will. – Onew affirmed, saying goodbye. – I hope you get better soon. Take care. Bye.

                - Hey, hyung? Thanks for coming.

                - You’re welcome. – He said, smiling and starting to walk away.

**

                - What are you doing here alone? – Onew asked, as soon as he saw Key, sitting on the stairs in front of his house.

                - Minho had to go home, so…

                - Didn’t you say you would pick Taemin at school? Where is he?

                - Oh, yeah, he’s not here.

                - Of course he’s not here. – The older one said, confused. – But where is he?

                - At school, obviously. – The blond answered, rolling his eyes. – So, will you invite me in, or will we stay outside talking?

                - Come on in, but I still want to know why you didn’t bring Taemin with you.

                The two guys entered on Onew’s house. After taking their jackets off, they were greeted Onew’s mother, who was at home. When they were back to the living-room, the blond tried to avoid the conversation it would come.

                - So, how was your time with the princess?