Chapter 1

Fix a Heart

 

              The second semester just started and Minho was already late for classes. He forgot his phone at home and, to make the situation worse, missed the bus. So, when he had finally arrived to college, Jonghyun was waiting for him, walking around.

- What happened? – Asked the small one as soon as he saw the other. – You haven’t appeared in the bus station and you haven’t answered my calls.

- Sorry, I was late and, if I had answered the calls I would be even more late. How much time do we have until we reach the class?

- About two minutes.         

- Shouldn't we run?

- Yes, we should. But we’ll not do it. – Said Jonghyun, continuing walking slowly.

- Oh my God! – Exclaimed Minho, stopping in the middle of the corridor. – Hyung, I forgot my books. I must have left them at the hall when I went to get my phone. You’ll have to go to the class without me.

- What? You’ll let me go alone? You know that that is the class I dislike the most.

- Sorry, but you’ll have to. – Minho said, waving, and starting to run in the opposite direction.

Jonghyun turned back and collided with someone, making this person fall to the floor.

- Sorry, are you ok?

- If am I ok? Don’t you see what you’re doing?

Just in this moment Jonghyun noticed that it was Key lying on the ground, one of the most popular people in college, with whom he had never spoken before.

- Sorry, I didn’t saw you. I was-

- I don’t care about what you were doing. You made me fall.

- You didn’t- - Jonghyun tried to argue but the blond boy got up and started to walk. – Idiot! – Jonghyun added, before continuing his way to the class.

                Once he got there, late as usual, the teacher spared him a hateful glare making him regret waiting for Minho and rushed to his table. Sighing, Jonghyun actually tried to pay attention to what the teacher was saying since his best friend decided to drop him at the last minute. Why did he even bother going around with Minho? Oh, right! Because he was the only decent guy in the whole college. And he was cool too. Put up with a lot more from Jonghyun than most of the people did. Even his mother.

                When the bell rang, Jonghyun put a small note at the back of his head to pay more attention next time. Not that he thought it would actually work, especially if Minho was with him, but what matters is the intention, right? At least, it was what he tried to tell himself on the way to the cafeteria trying to find Minho.

                As he made it into the noisy space, Jonghyun spotted his best friend sitting on a corner reading a book. Rolling his eyes, the brunet walked to the other snapping the book from the other’s hands.

                - What the hell, Jonghyun? Have you gone completely mad? Give me my book.

                - No. You need to stop reading these. – The older said, sitting in front of Minho. – You need to go out. Meet some new people. Get laid.

                All of the sudden, Minho started laughing, throwing his head back: - Yeah, right… Just like you do, hyung?

                - We are not talking about me! And stop laughing, this is serious.

                - No, it’s not, Jjong. You have nothing to do and you’re just using me to kill time. – Minho declared, smiling a bit, taking his book from Jonghyun. – Now, if you excuse me.

**

 

                - Hey! Key? – Jonghyun screamed in the middle of the corridor making every head turn to him except for the blond. – Yah! Are you deaf or something? Don’t you hear me calling you?

                - Hyung, what are you doing? – Minho followed behind his best friend, who hold a firm grip in his wrist. – Why did you bring me here?

                - Shut up, I’m trying to help you. – The smaller whispered, stopping once he got close to Key. – Kim Kibum!

                - For the love of god! What? What do you want? – Kibum snapped, getting really angry. – Why do you keep calling my name? And why are you bothering me?

                - I need to talk to you. You see, my friend here needs some help.

                Minho, who had finally set himself free from Jonghyun’s hold, widened his eyes: - No, I don’t. Jonghyun, stop this. I need to get to class.

                - Believe me, he needs help. – Jonghyun said, ignoring Minho. – Really, he’s always reading and doing boring stuff like that.

                - And… What do you want me to do? Force him to have a social life? – Quipped the other, turning around.

                - Yes, something like that.

                - JONGHYUN! – Minho yelled, goggling. – Are you crazy or what? Stop this and let me go to the class!

                - Minho, you’re my best friend, I can’t let you do this with your life.

                - Well, I don’t have time to waste here so… There’s a party next Friday at my friend’s house. So, if you want to come…

                - We’re in! – Jonghyun exclaimed, immediately.

                - I’ll send you a message with the address later. Bye. – Key said, staring at the both of them before leaving. However he took more time than he needed observing the taller one.

                - Wait! You don’t have my number, so…

                - Of course I have. – Key answered continuing walking. – I’ll text you later, don’t worry.