Chapter 12

Fix a Heart

On Sunday morning, Jonghyun had appeared in the Lee brothers house again, saying that he needed company since Minho’s mother didn’t even let him enter the house because his son was still sleeping. He also tried to contact Key but he was out of reach so he just decided to come to their house instead and spend the day.

- Am I disturbing you? – Jonghyun asked, looking at a sleepy Onew leaning against the couch. – I know it’s a little early, but...

- No, no problem. I was already awake, I just… wasn’t expecting. – Onew answered, yawning. – Taemin is still asleep, but I think that he has plans for today. So, what do you want to do?

- I don’t know. Do you have anything on mind?

- Hum, do you like karaoke? – Onew asked, repenting right away when the other’s eyes widened. – Forget it, it was a bad idea.

- No, it wasn’t a bad idea. Actually, I would love to go!

- Are you serious? – The elder asked, clapping. – I know a place! To be honest, I always wanted to go there, but Key said that it just was funny if we go with a lot of people and no one want to go, so…

- Why do you actually listen to what Key says? – Jonghyun asked, laying a hand on the other’s knee. – Let’s go to that place sing our souls!

Onew smiled and got up to go to Taemin’s bedroom to warn him that he was about to going out. Then returned to the living-room where Jonghyun was waiting for him. After taking a look to the house, because his parents could arrive earlier than expected, he finally got out.

Thirty minutes past, Jonghyun’s car was stopping in front of the karaoke’s door and the two guys were out of the car. The smaller one seemed too excited about the idea, clapping and laughing all the time. Once they were inside the place, Jonghyun held Onew’s hand and pulled him to the stage.

- Take the microphone, Onew hyung! Let’s sing! Can I choose the song?

- Of course, choose the one you want. – He said, excited with the enthusiasm of the other.

- Here it is! Lipstick!

- Orange Caramel’s Lipstick? – Onew asked, not believing. – Are you sure?

Instead of answering, Jonghyun held the microphone and pressed the play button. Instantly, the song started to play and the younger boy started to jump like crazy. A few seconds later, both of them were jumping, clapping, dancing and dropping laugher while singing.

They continued to dance and sing for a long time until Jonghyun, who was already tired, threw himself to the couch. Obviously, Onew followed him and sat next to him.

- You’re an amazing singer. – Jonghyun said, hardly breathing. – Your voice is strong.

- So is yours. – Onew answered, a little embarrassed. – But what impressed me was your energy! You never get tired?

- Of course I do, I can't barely breathe right now. – The smaller one said, laughing. – Anyway, when you want to return to the stage, just say. I’m totally ready.

- Jonghyun, you just said that you could barely breathe and now you’re saying- - The older guy was interrupted when the other pulled him against himself and kissed him.

Onew stopped breathing, not believing what was happening. One second Jonghyun was laughing in the tip of the sofa, and one second later he was with a hand on his hair, kissing him. The taller wasn’t even able to move due to the shock so, when Jonghyun pulled back a little, he had with his eyes wide and lips apart.

- I think we should go back to the stage; I have another song in mind. – Jonghyun said, blinking, and pulling the other’s arm.

The next music started in a few seconds but, contrary to what had happened until then, Onew’s voice was failing and he couldn’t hit with the rythm.

- I need to go to the bathroom, wait here. – Onew said, walking toward the division. Once he was inside, the boy passed water in his face and stared at the mirror. Finally, he decided to call his best friend, who answered the call almost in the last ring.

- What? – Key said, hearing only silence on the other side. – Hyung?

- Hum? Oh, Kibum! Why did you call?

- You were the one who called… Where are you? There is so much noise.

- I’m at the bathroom.

- Bathroom? This music comes from Taemin’s room? Go there! If he’s alone with his girlfriend in the room with the music out loud, I’m sure you better go there!

- What are you saying? I’m at the karaoke room.

- I knew you would ending up going there alone. Seriously, is that even funny?

- I’m not alone, ok? And yes, it’s being fun. But what did you say about Taemin?

- Who is with you?

- Kibum, if I asked you a question, will you answer me sincerely? – Onew asked, continuing when the other said yes. – How many girlfriends have I ever had?

- None, I think. – Key answered, starting to get confused.

- Yeah, that makes sense.

- Hyung, really, are you drunk or something?

- I don’t know,  maybe I am.

- I don’t know what is happening and you’re scaring me. – Key said, not realizing what was happening with his friend. – So, I got to go! If you need something, just call Jonghyun. He is better in this kind of weird stuff. – He said, disconnecting the call.

Onew stared at the phone for a little until he realizes that it would be better go back to the room. Once he was out of the bathroom, he looked around looking for Jonghyun. When he found him leaning against a wall, his body wasn’t able to move at all. So he stayed where he was, staring, until the other found him and moved toward him.

- For a moment I thought you had run away. – Jonghyun said, laughing and placing his hand on the other’s shoulder. – So, it’s getting late, do you want to go home?

- Sure. – Onew answered, smiling finally.

**

- Hyung, stop pulling me. What the hell is wrong with you?

Those were Kibum’s first words to Onew on Monday when the older of the two had enter the blond’s classroom and pulled him out, right after the class had ended. He was still grabbing Key’s wrist when they reached the bathroom.

- I need to tell you something. Something the others can’t listen. – When he saw his friend rolling his eyes, he continued. – Well, you know that yesterday I went to karaoke with Jonghyun, right? The thing is… something weird happened.

- What happened? How weird?

Suddenly, Onew looked down at the floor and gulped: - Jonghyun, he… well, I don’t know why but he… He kissed me, Kibum.

- Jonghyun did what? – Key yelled with his eyes wide. – How dare he? How could that little bastard do that to you? I hope you punched him after; it’s not like you actually like him, right? – The blond asked, laughing waiting for the other to join him. However, Jinki just looked really embarrassed and his cheeks were starting to get a tint of red. – Oh my god! You like Jonghyun!

- Shut up, Kibum! – Onew hissed, putting his hands all over Key’s mouth and looking straight at his eyes. - You’re not going to say anything about this to anyone.

When Onew took his hands of the other’s face, he was speechless: - How can you like him? He’s an idiot! He’s not even funny.

- Well, I’m not asking you why do you like Minho, am I?

- W-what? – Key asked, slightly surprised. – What are you talking about? Why are you even making this about me and Minho? I don’t like him!

Onew scoffed before starting to open the bathroom door to walk to the cafeteria: - Yeah, sure. “Minho… Stop it.”– The older one chuckled when he saw the way Key’s eyes went double and his mouth open up in a ‘o’ shape. - Your voice was a little hoarser, wasn’t it?

- How do… Hyung, you were spying on us! – He accused, running to Onew and punching him on his arm, while the other just laughed. – This isn’t funny and it didn’t meant anything, okay? Minho is an idiot.

- He seemed pretty serious to me. Oh! And to Jonghyun and Taemin.

Kibum narrowed his eyes at him: - You’re all disgusting, you know? Now come, I don’t wanna talk about this anymore. I just wanna eat.

- Wait, Kibum! – He called, grabbing the other’s arm. – Do you think he likes me? Or that was just an impulse or something?

Key tapped his chin with his fingers: - Well, crazy people stick together, you know? So it’s possible.

- Kibum! I’m serious!

- Yeah, so am I. – The blond snorted and then his face turn into a kind expression. – Why wouldn’t he like you, hyung? You’re perfect.

Onew was a little taken aback by Key’s words but then he smiled and hugged the younger boy: - Wow, I think that was the nicest thing you ever said to me. Thank you, Bummie.

 

aw, thank you so much for the comments in the last chapter.

well, this isn't minkey's pov of what happened in the kitchen but we'll see more interaction from them in the following chapters :)

but!  we have jongyu's first kiss, which is adorably awkward. hope you guys like it <3